My fitness pal

helionoftroy
on 3/12/15 11:34 am - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

I love love love my fitness pal!!! Everything about it is awesome! Everyone should be using it if they aren't already! That is all, carry on with your regularly scheduled activities. 

Cummins2500
on 3/12/15 2:02 pm

I use it also. Sure makes things easy. 

SUSIEQQ62
on 3/12/15 5:06 pm - EXETER, PA
Yes i use FItness Pal and i think it is a great and helpful tool for us.. I had my RVY in 2008 and i have lost over 250 lbs and am keeping it off.I am so glad i had this surgery--even with some of the probs i have had..Glad that you like MFP too and Best of Luck,, Susie Smith from NE PA

SUSIE SMITH FROM NE PA

Susie Smith from PA    

White Dove
on 3/12/15 6:22 pm - Warren, OH

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/15 3:15 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I love it! My hubby calls it "My Fatness Pal," lol. I have a logging record of 166 days right now.  

Interestingly though, my dietitian tried to get me to STOP using it. She thought I was focusing too much on calories vs. nutrition. I see what she meant -- I started out looking at food as "how much can I eat for the fewest calories," not "what will provide the best fuel for my body," but I was able to make those changes while still logging, and my doc thinks it's a great tool, so I don't plan to stop.

StacyJo44
on 3/13/15 3:25 am - MN
RNY on 12/31/14

I had downloaded my fitness pal before my surgery, but only started using it last week (about 2 months post op). I'm not tech savvy and I'm still learning to use it to it's full potential, but I will say this. I had been sitting in a stall, I knew most days I was getting my required protein, I was taking my vitamins and getting my fluids, watching my fat intake and trying to minimize my carbs. The first day I used MFP, I realized that I was actually not getting ENOUGH calories. Because my job is highly physical, my nurse recommended I try for 650-700 calories a day. I was coming in between 400-500. Two days after starting with MFP, my stall has broke and my weight is slowly but steadily dropping again. I have been able to add some calories from fruits and veggies and can feel my body responding positively to the increase of energy from the added fuel. I can't agree with you enough! Keeping a food journal is great, but the bonus of MFP is that it's quicker and can help you find calorie and nutritional values for foods that don't always have the labels right there for you to read. Sometimes, like at work, I have a small portion of chili from our cafeteria which they make from scratch, so I have to guestimate the nutritional values, but there are so many "homemade" options, that I can look at them and take the average. I also love how you can take the serving size it gives and modify your portion to get an accurate calculation since most of us can't eat the actual portion sizes of many foods. Great tool!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics