What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 4/27/15 12:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey guys, sorry for the late start.  I decided when I woke up this morning that I didn't feel like working, so I'm taking a swim in Lake Me today!  I've already been to WalMart (didn't forget anything this time!) and now I'm doing some laundry.  When that's all done, Imma mani-pedi myself in preparation for when the temperature goes up.  It's 40 right now.  40.  Maybe that's why I couldn't face a day at work.

How was everyone's weekend?  My son's baseball game was a close one but they lost.  He did get the game ball, though, from his coach.  This coach designates a player after every game to be the MVP and my Scoobs was the first one.  *proudmomtear*  Other than that and some bee box painting, I did as close to nothing as humanly possible.  Ahhhh...that was nice.

Time since surgery:  9 months and a week-ish

B:  Special K flatbread sandwich; ham egg and pepper jack cheese.  This was pretty good, although I did add an extra slice of cheese since most of the pepper jack melted off in the microwave.

S:  string cheese

L:  Chicken salad and pork rind crackers

D:  venison backstrap with sautéed cabbage and a lil bit of stuffing

TOTALS:  Cals:  862  Protein:  85  Carbs:  55  Fat:  34

Venison has crazy protein numbers; I need to cook it more often.

NEXT!

AnnyBananny
on 4/27/15 12:26 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Morning AV and everyone else! I basically was stalking OH for the post to go up this morning as I'm getting a bit of a slow start at work today. I have a super busy afternoon, but this morning isn't quiet. I put in a really (REALLY!) hard work out at the gym this morning, so I just downed my morning snack. I have a feeling this is going to be a bottomless pit kind of day, so I'm going to need to be vigilant.

Had a really fun weekend whi*****luded a visit from DC Girl and her boy! We had dinner together on Saturday and then got to hang out MORE yesterday with a walk around the Italian Market and lunch - so fun. Em, post that cute picture of the two of us!!!

Time since surgery: 13+ months

B: coffee with cream, omelet made with eggbeaters, turkey sausage ,and goat cheese

S: L&F with sliced almonds, more coffee with cream

L: cottage cheese double, string cheese, granola thin

S: almonds and a Babybel

D: protein bar between meetings

S: Somersaults and a Yasso froyo bar

Sometime I'll probably end up eating a PowerCrunch - two protein bars in a day isn't the best idea, but I am in need of easily transportable and easy in the car and no refrigeration needed...what options fit those bills? Help!

TOTALS: Calories 1375, Protein 102, Carbs 104, Fat 64

V/W: started, still struggling with the water...anyone have a self filtering bottle they like?

E: Total Body class at the gym this AM

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 4/27/15 12:35 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Jerky!  Krave Black Cherry BBQ pork jerky is my new favorite thing.  Also, those smoked turkey sticks are good for on the go w/o a fridge.

And I saw you guys on FB.  Adorbs, all of you! 

NYMom222
on 4/27/15 12:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Sounds like you had fun! Just bought somersaults... haven't tried them. I thought they would be a good snack for the car for an upcoming road trip... gotta have your snacks right?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 4/27/15 12:53 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I REALLY like the Somersaults (my favorite flavor is the Cinnamon Crunch but I seem to have a hard time finding those, so Dutch Cocoa all the way), but they're easy to eat more than the 14 per serving - highly recommend counting them out into little snack bags/containers right away!

Emiepie
on 4/27/15 12:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have used the bobble in the past and liked it. but I kept forgetting to buy the filters when I would run out. I loved the shape of the bottles too. I think Kohls, Macys and Best buy sell them pretty regularly. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 4/27/15 1:10 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I had the same problem with the filters. 

I just read a bunch of reviews on Amazon and went with a Brita bottle and put the filters on subscription! Hopefully that will help keep me in line.

Emiepie
on 4/27/15 2:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Filters on subscription sounds like a great idea.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 4/27/15 12:37 am
RNY on 04/06/15

This weekend wasn't too crazy.  Baby shower for my brother and his girlfriend on Saturday, then got the almost 4 year old new shows and sandals. 

3 weeks post op

B: 1 1/2 light sausage links (Jones all natural)

S: Reduced fat string cheese

L: 1/2 cup turkey chili with 1oz reduced fat shredded cheese

D: Homemade parmesan talapia with 1/8 cup canned green beans

S: L&F Greek yogurt (Toasted coconut)

Will also have 1 cup skim milk with 1/4 scoop protein powder to get my protein numbers in

Totals: Cals: 554  Protein: 62  Carbs: 30  Fat: 22

I had my first "NEWB" problem this morning.  The kids had dentist appointments, and the littles ones slept later then normal.  So I was rushing a little.  So I decided to have my sausage links on the go.  Yeah...NOT a good idea.  I didn't chew enough or ate to fast.  A bit got stuck...OMG that was NOT a pleasant feeling!  I was praying I didnt need to pull over on the highway and throw up!!  UGH  I have learned my lesson for sure!!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Emiepie
on 4/27/15 12:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Good for getting out and getting the shopping done early. 

Congrats to your son-that's so cool. Nothing much with my weekend, we did get rain most of Saturday morning so that's good news. I tried a new recipe this weekend-carrot cake pancakes-they were sooo good! I finally bought some PB2 and ooohh it's some tasty stuff. I tried it with a handful of things and it did not disappoint.

Time since surgery: 8 months

B: SF Soy Latte, egg beater scramble with cheese and spinach, and some fruit.

S: Cranberry and almond Thin addictives with a light laughing cow cheese wedge (still loving this snack!)

L: P3 ham pack and 1/2 chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar  

S: L&F Greek cherry chocolate yogurt with a handful of granola

D: Flat out pizza slice, small salad and PB2 Froyo (Stolen modified recipe from Anny-used plain greek yogurt,bananas, SF chocolate pudding powder and PB2 along with the cool-whip)

E: 1/2 hour stationary stepper and maybe a lunch walk 

V/W: on Track

Totals: Cals: 968 Protein:68 Carbs:91 Fat:40

Have a great day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views