Northern Virginia

ahlthrmom
on 5/24/15 5:31 pm
RNY on 05/26/15 with

I am looking forward to starting the recovery process and watching the pounds melt away.  I, too, wish I would have done this sooner. Thanks for the well wishes.

VirginiaMarie
on 5/29/15 6:10 pm
with

I'm a little late in responding but my surgeon is Dr. Fitzer too and I had a great experience at INOVA Fair Oaks.  They're outstounding.  Very attentive to making sure I was comfortable.  Stayed two nights and was able to leave the next morning.  My main discomfort was nausea from the anesthesia. 

samanthalc
on 5/24/15 4:54 pm
with

I did just this past Tuesday!  The hospital is nice, clean, and the staff is good too.  The night nurses and techs are MUCH BETTER than the day ones in terms of bringing your meds to you according to schedule, so don't feel awkward asking for things when you need them.

All of that said: My experience was good.

ahlthrmom
on 5/24/15 5:26 pm
RNY on 05/26/15 with

Thanks so much for the input. I'm really excited.

SkinnyScientist
on 5/29/15 6:10 pm

Me too!

I am also one of Dr. Fitzer's patients!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

takingcontrolguy
on 5/30/15 3:56 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 12/10/13 with

Hello SkinnyScientist - It look like we almost met in the hospital by a few days based on our surgery dates!  Glad to see you're doing better. 

99-DS
on 5/24/15 7:42 pm
RNY on 04/09/15

I have RNY at Fair Oaks Hospital on 4/9/2015.  Highly recommend - very nice facility.  The nurses and support staff were great and it's nice to be in a place that focuses on the surgery that you are going through.  Plus...private room...not that you get much privacy when you are poked at every 2hrs!  

There is also a Journey Together meeting once a month on the 3rd Monday.  Meetings have pre-surgery all the way to "at goal" folks. It's a good way to stay focused, ask questions, and meet some very nice people. 

kbmerritt84
on 5/26/15 6:34 am
with

My surgery will be at Inova Fair Oaks with Dr Fitzer in July.

Kefink69
on 5/27/15 4:59 am
with

So Dr. Fitzer will perform surgery at Fair Oaks not just Reston? I figured since his office is part of Reston Hospital that was where surgery takes place. Good luck!

kbmerritt84
on 5/27/15 6:40 am
with

He does surgery in Reston and at Inova Fair Oaks.  he is also going to start in Haymarket in the coming months.  I think he's doing this because of insurance requirements.  Cigna will not allow me to have surgery in Reston. They require that I have surgery at one of their Golden Seal somethign something approved hospitals.  Only Inova Fair Oaks qualifies. 

Most Active
Recent Topics