What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 8/25/15 6:45 am

So glad you like your new DR.  It is such an important relationship.

mamata2
on 8/25/15 6:24 am

Good morning OH peeps!  (Mmmm peeps)  I LOVE Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  Last fall I went the whole season without one due to the sugar content.  This season I plan to make a homemade version to keep the sugar and calories down.  I don't thing I can deprive myself again.  I have a love/hate relationship with Fall.  I love the colors, the food, football and the kids going back to school.  I HATE that it means winter is coming!  Winters in Wisconsin last roughly 4-5 months and I can't bare to think of struggling through the cold and snow once again.  I have loved the heat this summer and the 60 degree mornings this week have chilled me to the bone.  I'm hoping my thermostat will readjust 2-3 years post surgery.

Time since surgery: 13+ months

B: Coffee with cream and Oatfit Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

S: Kind Maple Glazed Pecan and Sea Salt (new to me)

L: Spinach salad with deli meat

S: Iced Coffee with cream

D1: Luna Protein Bar (before teaching)

Post workout: Protein Shake

D2: Chicken drumsticks (after teaching and workout)

W/V: Started

E: 90 min bike ride

Totals: Calories 1132, Protein 76, Carbs 78, Fat 60

Have a great day all!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/15 6:49 am

One thing I did do when I had the surgery and was drinking protein drinks. I would mix vanilla ones with my coffee and add pumpkin spice to it. They have it at Target. I would add nutmeg also to it. 

Navychic
on 8/25/15 9:30 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Im going to have to try that.  I want a healthy option and I also am a huge Pumpkin fan!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

karenp8
on 8/25/15 6:25 am - Brighton, IL

I am ready for fall and pumpkin season too AV! Lily and I have our three miles done for the day and on track for vitamins and fluids too. Post op 3 years and weight at 117.2 today. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz baked chicken thigh with 1/2 c brussel sprouts D 31/2 oz ground beef 1/2 c brussels sprouts S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of smart choices!

LadyBaltimore
on 8/25/15 6:34 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Hi all!  I had a pretty stressful weekend, and I wanted to stress eat.  Though I ordered All Of The Foodz, I was only capable of eating a little bit.  A waste of money, but at least I didn't harm myself or overeat.

Today I'm having:

B: Yogurt

S: coffee

L: Pureed apples and pumpkin

S: coffee

D: Pureed squash and a big ol' protein drink

Cals: 620 Prot: 73.5 g  H20: at least 48 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

Back on the horse,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Capogirl
on 8/25/15 6:36 am

Good morning, another misty morning here south of Boston.  The damp is really getting to my knees.

I too am waiting for pumpkin season, fall is my favorite time of year, the colors, the sounds, the smells!  I do like pumpkin bread, I make a a really yummy one, I also make a really wonderful pumpkin cheesecake, or I should say I used to.  I won't be making that this year; well maybe just for Thanksgiving.    I don't like pumpkin pie, I don't like pumpkin coffee though.  

As for shaving the legs, I haven't had to do that for a few years, one of the perks of age I guess.  Although I did notice a few stragglers recently.  I hope this doesn't mean that I'm going to have to start again. 

Time since surger:  4 months, 5 days

B:  Premier Protein (yes I am a boring creature of habit)

L:  Leftover steak and green beans

S: canteloup and mary's gone crackers

Dinner is up in the air, I have a chiropractor appt. and hubby taking dd to the sporting goods store for new field hockey equipment.   They will probably eat out, I will scrounge the fridge for leftovers.

melissasue1982
on 8/25/15 8:44 am
RNY on 04/06/15

(yes I am a boring creature of habit)

You and me BOTH (minus the beer....add protein drinks)

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

lcraver
on 8/25/15 7:07 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Pumpkins lovers, unite!  I have to say that I love fall and spring equally... I love the smells of both and weather, etc. 

As to shaving legs and other body parts... not a fan!!!! And, I will admit, I have a tendency to go au natural! In July, my gyn onocologist sprung an unexpected uterine biopsy on me and I told him... oh no, I didn't shave my legs for this!  He looked at me like I was crazy!  LOL... I think he thinks I am weird anyway because when he is all up in my business, I have a real tendency to be a chatty Kathy... hey, its my way to deal.  LOL  But, I guess I will be shaving more next summer because I will be wearing shorts and cute little dresses and I don't want people to think I am too much of a throwback!

My menu today (is ragged, I need to go to the store bad):

B: Tea with Truvia, chocolate Premier Protein shake

L: 1.75 oz of Cabot's Sharp Cheese, 1 navel orange

D: tuna salad over lettuce

S: 1 oz beef jerky.

Totals: Calories - 691, Protein - 71, Carbs - 42, Sugars - 18, Fats - 31

Vits/Water going in! Exercise - it's a pool day! (this is something I will miss after summer)

Have a good day!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Sarah M.
on 8/25/15 7:29 am

I love all the pumpkin talk!! I love all things pumkin and fall spices. I think I will light my pumpkin candles today in honor of all the pumpkin talk!

I completely agree with your thoughts on shaving AV. Another thing to love about fall/winter only shaving for Sunday church clothes. 

B-mini sausage biscuit 

S-Fiber Wafer

L-buffalo chicken on a salad 

S-grapes 

D-left over chicken salad ---and my 15yr old daughter was able to eat it for dinner to. I can't believe I use to eat a whole one by myself. Its a pretty sad state of our portion sizes when something that use to just feed me now feeds me twice and a teenager. Of course it was always my choice to put all of it in my mouth. 

HW 320 RNY 4/13/15 Dr Kevin Tymitz GW 190

Most Active
Recent Topics