What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

peachpie
on 8/31/15 6:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

What's your beauty product of the moment?

Certainly not a hair product for me. I'm a make-up ***** I LOVE doing my eyes, so I have a zillion shadows, brushes etc. Currently my fave is a Sephora eye color palette I got free-- it really makes my eyes look *bright*. 

Time since surgery: 4 months

B: 1 scrambled egg w/ cheese & 1 turkey sausage. (I was was ambitious and made 2 eggs and 2 sausages, but my tummy said no thanks. Guess what'll be for breakfast tomorrow??)

S:  Fruit cup/cheese stick

L:  4oz milk/2 tbs protein powder  (I'm not in much of an eating mood today)

S: SF pudding

D:  Making spaghetti for the family...I usually just have some of the meat sauce with ricotta mixed in

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

LadyBaltimore
on 8/31/15 6:39 am
RNY on 07/27/15

My weekend was half nightmarish, half awesome.  Would up staying late at my job on Friday to hang out with a friend who came by. (Going home can be awful, depending on my dh's mood, so I try to avoid it. No details necessary.)  Security got weird about me staying late, demanding my ID, which of course made me start crying, trying to explain why I was staying so late.  Work is the one safe place I've had for a few years, and I feel like it got pulled out from under my feet.

On a bright note, my lunch with my friend on Sunday went well-  He's doing excellently health-wise, and it was nice just to sit and talk about easy, normal things for some time.  He was fascinated by the surgery and gave me some good-hearted jokes about how I could only eat 1/4 of the appetizer I ordered.  (Watermelon gazpacho, which was divine!)

Favorite beauty product?  A Different Grape lipstick by Clinique-  If I don't have time for other things, just that one bit helps me feel put together.  *nods*

B: Protein shake

S: Coffee

L: Protein shake and tomato soup

S: 1 piece sf toffee

D: Protein shake and applesauce

Cal: 670  Prot: 73.5 g  H2O: at least 48 oz, as I'll be drinking all day

Cry me a river,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

karenp8
on 8/31/15 6:47 am - Brighton, IL

Beautiful weather but boring here this weekend. Picked and froze about 20 meals worth of green beans and hubby and I made 20 quarts if chili base with tomatoes from the garden. Saturday was 3 years post op for me. I have my three year appointment on Friday. I have added a second small snack back in because my weight has started dropping into the underweight range. Weight today at 115.8. Lily and I did our walk this am--I refuse to drop that so I will just have to eat a bit more! On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground beef with half slice of cheese and 1/2 c green beans S whole geain crackers with peanut butter D31/2 oz lean pork and 1/2 c zuchini sauteed with garlic and olive oil S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of amazing choices!

Emiepie
on 8/31/15 6:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Amazing 3 years! way to go

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/15 6:52 am

Good morning. Our boat adventure this weekend was kind of a flop. Well our motor died so we got towed out and we got towed in the next day. We did get some sailing in on Friday but not much. It was fun. It felt good to sleep in my regular bed Saturday night. 

My favorite hair care product is right now. Is Paul Mitchell wax works. I have really thick hair and I like it to look a little messy. I am getting it cut on Wednesday to start the process of growing it out. I have to get the back cut so I don't have the mullet going on. 

B:Greek yogurt with a banana

S:Quest protein bar

L:Chinese food maybe

D:Salmon on the grill and some type of veggie

S:Protein bar?

Water is going down and vitamins are in. 

Have a great day . 

Emiepie
on 8/31/15 6:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Bummer about the boat but glad you got some sailing in.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/15 6:58 am

It was still fun. I love being on the bay at night. Very peaceful. It was an adventure at the least. 

Emiepie
on 8/31/15 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Monday and Good Morning! My weekend was pretty lazy but we did get most of the items that my daughter needs for camp coming up in a few weeks. I did walk 6.5 miles on Saturday morning, I figured I needed to try and see how it went since I am walking a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of November. 

I don't experiment with new products very often since I don't have a clue what I am doing but just reading your description makes me want to try this heaven in a bottle!

Time since surgery: 1 year

B: SF latte, egg beaters with spinach and cheese, fruit (dried figs, apple slices, and grapes)

S: Mango coconut thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge 

L: Ono taco insides and some chips at baja fresh

S: L&F Greek toasted vanilla coconut yogurt with 1/2 a banana mixed in, and a SF iced latte made with Fairlife milk

D: Ricotta pancakes, eggbeaters, a piece of bacon and some artic zero

S: No sugar added outshine bar

E: 45 mins on stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1119 Protein:80 Carbs:147 Fat:27

Have a great one!

phibbmom
on 8/31/15 7:32 am

Good morning!  My weekend was pretty good.  I am feeling almost back to normal so got to work and vacuumed the house and cleaned toilets.  It's a good sense of accomplishment when you haven't been able to do anything but lay in bed for weeks!  Went out to dinner with the hubby on Saturday and it was lovely.  I even put on makeup (which is rare for me).

Funny about the beauty product of the moment.  Mine is from skincuticals (sp?).  It's for people with rosacea and it's a green liquid that soothes the redness in my face.  It works amazing, but lately no color at all so needing to wear makeup

I am so looking for big sexy hair powder today!  My hair is still a little thin and flat.  Sounds like a great product.  Do they carry it at Ulta?

Time since surgery:  11 mos

B:  Oikos Triple Zero Coconut (someone told me about this 15 g of protein, 120 calories, 0 fat, 15 carbs, 6 g fiber and delish)

L:  Crab legs

D:  crock pot chicken, green beans & mashed potato

S:  protein shake

V/W:  started

E:  treadmill 1 hour

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AngryViking
on 8/31/15 7:37 am
RNY on 07/17/14

They do!

Most Active
Recent Topics