PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. 1 year surgiversary and I'm in pain like I was right out of surgery.

Buchmansrus
on 5/6/16 5:25 pm

I'm posting this again because I got a lot of good advice but I have yet to figure it out.

OK, This really SUCKS. I'm in such pain, with nausea and bloating, LOUD noises and rumbling in my left side mostly after eating. I had a scope test yesterday by my gastric doctor and he said everything looks good. He did a biopsy and is checking for bacteria. Both the gallbladder test and the HIDA gall bladder test came back fine. I have cramping and on the left side (mainly right after I eat) my stomach sounds like its going to EXPLODE like if I've eaten 20 or so exlax. The nausea is doing ok with the Zophran (spelling?) I'm just so tired, and right now I'm sitting in my chair with a constant cramp in my left side with sharp pains in my chest. I'm just getting tired of complaining and them not finding anything. I told my husband I wish they could just open me up and look inside. What am I missing? I want to go to the ER but this is not the best hospital so I have an appointment with follow up with my gastric doctor on the 11th.
My father had diverticulitis and I seen that I have a lot of the symptoms of Pancreatitis. Ideas? The Zophran is helping some and my husband gave me some of his immodium.
Has anyone gone through anything like this?

Heavens2Betsy
on 5/6/16 5:54 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

I'm so sorry, that sounds awful.  I don't really have much advice, but if everything checks out with the doctors just fine, I'm wondering if it just might be stress related?  I have a nervous stomach and when I'm stressed out, my tummy rumbles, cramps and generally makes me miserable.  Have you tried something like meditation or any sort of destressing techniques - maybe get the hubby to give you a relaxing, soothing massage?  Just a thought on something you can try now to see if anything works.  I hope you feel better soon!

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

Buchmansrus
on 5/6/16 6:00 pm

Hi Heavens2Betsy

My husband has mentioned that it could be from stress. This has been going on for over 7 weeks now. I'm exhausted.  My husband asked the Dr. yesterday if it could be from stress and he said " It's possible" I dunno, I think I'm more stressed just trying to figure out whats wrong with me.

I'll try to relax for the next couple days as much as I can.

Thank you so much,  April

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/16 6:05 pm

it may be IBS.  I deal with that post op RNY... Plus food allergies...

I normally follow very strict  low FODMAP diet (google that)

low carbs low FODMAP diet...

low to no fiber, very little fruits , etc...

try elimination diet for a week.   

my basic food - that my body has no problem with is cooked chicken with some carrots, celery, plus ...I tolerate avocado and coconut oil..

one week on that helps with my gut discomfort...  

then I slowly introduce one food at a time, but no more than 1 food every 2 or 3 days... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Buchmansrus
on 5/6/16 6:18 pm

Hi H.a.l.a. B,

I do not eat veggies or fruits yet. Tonight I ate about a cup of pulled pork. I made myself so it had very light barely no bbq sauce on it.

I've did the process of elimination this and that as well. The main foods I eat are meats for protein, and my Greek Yogurt, low sugar no more than 10g of sugar.

I'll look up what you mentioned of the FODMAP diet.

Thank you so much, April

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/16 6:25 pm

I found out that I am allergic to dairy proteins.  even one serving of dairy - i.e cheese - and I may be in pain for 2-3 days.  Seriously. 

any soy - same thing. 

even onion and garlic in spices can and  it does upset my gut... 

I am also allergic to vanilla, bananas, pineapple, soy..and a few more.. 

add stress to the mix... and I am taking my "gut pills" .. hyoscyamine... normal people can take 1-2 .. at one time - I take 3-4 to start with..

Some food - even small amount - can cause inflammation in my gut that can last and and last.    

add stress the the mix (like now ) and i am in constant pain... IBS hates stress... 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Buchmansrus
on 5/6/16 6:50 pm

Thank you again for the tips.

I did eat some cashews today (Dark Chocolate) not a lot and I've eaten them before but they didn't cause me problems.

I will stay clear of them. I printed out the list of things to eat and not to eat.

Is there anything I can do to hurry the pain, bloating and nausea away faster? Well, I have Zophran (spelling?) and its helping somewhat. But other than that?

Thank you so much,

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/16 7:20 pm

Rx pills - sublingual - but you need doc to prescribe that. 

Hyoscyamine - ask for that.. I have them allover the house - and in my purse, work and car.

When cramp****  sometimes I can't move...  like really can't move... that's why always have them handy.. 

my doc prescribes 3-4 a day .. so I get 60-120 per month.. but use it only as needed.

but when I needed - I need 3-4 at a time..  

they have side effects - like dry mouth, or blurred vision... or sore throat 

Buchmansrus
on 5/6/16 7:24 pm

Thank you,

Your a life saver.

God bless, April

lking
on 5/6/16 9:53 pm, edited 5/6/16 2:52 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Your symptoms sound exactly like what my husband experienced 20 years ago.  His turned out to be IBS and was successfully treated with Bentyl and drinking Citrucel 3x daily.  FYI, we later found out that Bentyl is a muscle relaxer.  Whatever it is, it worked.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views