What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 5/24/16 6:13 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Daisy beat me to it on the QOTD so to her question:  I'm retired so my vacation days are ALL OF THEM!  YAY ME!!! 

melissasue1982
on 5/24/16 6:15 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Hannah has a softball game tonight, so busy busy after work again!  Same ol same ol   I also have my first real appointment with the new therapist today, should be interesting.  The facility she works with only does "short term care", so I only get 12 visits.  I am hoping that after that she can recommend someone I can go to longer term after.

So I haven't been very good at this maintenance thing, well actually I wanted to get lower to create a buffer.  But I am up 4.2 from my lowest right now.  I was still weighing myself, but only logging it in my paper journal, not on MFP and here, because I really liked seeing "GOAL REACHED"....but I felt so friggin guilty not logging my weights.  So I went through and logged them all since May 14th when I stopped!    Man I have some issues.

13+ months since surgery

M1: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: Last of the leftover vegan butter chicken (there isnt much left, but I will see if I am still hungry after)

M6: Curd cheese

Totals: Cals: 846  Protein: 129  Carbs: 33  Fat: 22

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

life_mirrors_art
on 5/24/16 6:20 am - Canada

Good morning! Since I work freelance from home, I don't get paid holiday time, so usually just take long weekends. No 'away' holidays planned for this year.

I was pretty full from yesterdays food, and stuck to the posted plan, apart from substituting yogurt for chicken nibblers.

B: slow-cooked beef

L: 'free from' ham

D: rotisserie chicken

Snacks: yogurt, chicken nibbler, laughing cow cheese light

Cal: 858, protein: 121

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

Capogirl
on 5/24/16 6:24 am

That stinks about your car, I hate when I don't have my car here and am stuck.  I need to get away at lunchtime even just for a few minutes and no place good to walk around here.

So CAMAW is going OK, I was quite hungry yesterday afternoon though, I dove into a couple of ribs as soon as I got home.  We ended up having turkey kielbasa for dinner so I didn't have ribs for snack and dinner.

Time since surgery 13 months

B:  2 Eggs, 1 slice American Cheese

L:  3 oz. turkey kielbasa, bbq sauce, babybel

D:  Shrimp, ****tail sauce, Italian Sharp Cheese

S:  Dannon L&F Strawberry Cheesecake, Muscle Milk

Cals: 864, Carbs: 35  Fat:  43  Protein: 90

I hate how much fat from all the cheese.  I'd like to keep the fat under 40 grams, hard to do on CAMAW.

mamata2
on 5/24/16 6:29 am

Work has been horrible the past few weeks and there is no sign of it letting up anytime soon.  Yesterday was crazy busy and today is scheduled to be just as bad.  This weekend I went to St. Louis for the first triathlon of the season!  Yay!  It was an olympic distance (0.9 mile swim, 26 mile bike, 6.2 mile run).  I beat my olympic time from last year by 10 min. but I still feel like I could have done much better. (I'm in the middle)

My menus have been all over the place.  Too much sugar and carbs but I'm and trying to today to limit my sugars.

Time since surgery: 22+ months

B: Coffee with cream and 1/2 burger from yesterday

S: Kind Bar

L: Shredded Chicken Tacos (insides only)

S: Iced coffee with cream and almonds

D: taco tuesday!

W/V: Started

E: Swam 2100 yds this am, bike and run tonight

Have a great day all!

NYMom222
on 5/24/16 6:37 am
RNY on 07/23/14

God bless you for doing Trialthalons. I have swum a mile in the ocean, I have most likely biked that far- all when I was young but never at the same time and never running...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

supershopper
on 5/24/16 7:24 am

wow that is so impressive- you are probably just being too hard on yourself on the time though! 10 min is a huge change

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

NYMom222
on 5/24/16 6:35 am, edited 5/23/16 11:40 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

First I want to say Thank You to everyone for all the nice compliments yesterday. I am glad we can celebrate each others accomplishments, and for me wearing a dress like that- was a big NSV! Part of my mind coming into alignment with the 'new me' and figuring out who that is.

Camaw? Well I have been trying to get away from protein shakes for breakfast. The last week or so...My chicken salad and 2 slices of cheddar cheese cuts did keep me full for a long time.... problem was protein drink later did nothing for me, I was still hungry. Waited because I had just put protein in.... Didn't eat HB egg, or Extra Premier but did add, a Turkey + cheese snack, and a few spoons of PB before bed, which as I was eating, I was saying is this CAMAW worthy? oops. I am also coming off a carb weekend. Gained 3lbs over the weekend, one for each day of eating desserts. Still in my good range...but glad CAMAW is here.

2nd QOTD: I have one married son, who you saw in yesterday's pic.... They will be married 5 years this summer. They have 2 babies, my 3 year old grandson and a 4 month old daughter. Being a Grandma is grand. Also a proud Aunt to 14 nieces and nephews and Great Aunt to 10 year old twins...Don't have any furbabies anymore, miss them terribly but too hard living alone. Was thinking recently I should dog sit. I do love them, just don't want one permanently.

Funny from yesterday I didn't share- My 'Before' dress I custom ordered from China on Lightinthebox.com. Figured I wasn't going to be able to try on a dress in a bridal shop anyway. By the time I paid x-tra size. x-tra length, rush order, and alterations it would be $750. No. That dress cost me $120 including shipping and paying $20 extra dollars to send my measurements. It was so gorgeous and well made. Then with alterations, grand total: $180. The dress was a Selena Gomez knock-off from the Emmys that year. So at the wedding my nephew goes- "Who wore it better? Selena Gomez or Aunt Cyndy?" Answer of course: "Aunt Cyndy"... Haha...Love my nieces and nephews.

Made a crustless quiche last night with turkey sausage and cheddar cheese to have on hand for meals...

B: Steak

L: Turkey and brie melt

S: Jerky if out. Quiche if home

D: Shrimp ****tail

S: Hot premier (funny morning or night it works, middle of the day it doesn't hold me....)

Exercise- modified 30 minutes 21-day-fix

Edit: QOTD on vacations. I don't have a regular 9-5 job...several part time. So vacation is up to me. I can't remember the last time I was on a bona-fide vacation. Sight seeing and all. Mostly just visit friends and my son. That being said last night I get a message on FB from one of my son's college friends inviting me to come to Oregon this summer to visit him and his family. SO funny, my son doesn't even invite me to visit...I have to ask, but get an invite from one of his friends... Love Oregon by the way. I did take a trip there about 6 years ago with my son and my son's college roommate (My son from another Mother) and we visited this young man...so it is not like it hasn't happened before. Just funny.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mschwab
on 5/24/16 9:54 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Where in Oregon?  If you come, and it is nearish to Portland, we must get together!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Queen JB
on 5/24/16 11:44 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I have lots of family in Hillsboro who I try to go out and see every other year or so. I love Portland :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics