What is on your Memorial Day Menu RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/30/16 8:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Fun picture!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

MarieW24
on 5/30/16 8:10 am

It is sunny here in MN.  Not sure how long that will last.  Had a nice walk with the hubby and the dogs.  Did a little clean up in the driveway and will do laundry.  I'm also planning on doing a little more gardening and go hit the pool. 

B: Eggbeaters, raspberries

S:  Premier Protein drink

L:  Tuna, melba toast, strawberries, salad

S: Premier Protein drink

D:  Salad with chicken breast, strawberries

Ex:  Walk, pool

Ereiam
on 5/30/16 8:31 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Thanks for starting the post, NYMom.

I've been going to sleep easy but waking up at 5 am. And this, when I could be sleeping in. On the bright side, I got up and took a 10 minute walk with no hip pain. The longest I've gone since surgery.

Qotd: a hamburger patty is always safe for me at a BBQ. I've eaten paleo off and on for years so moving to a high protein, low carb diet has been a little easier for me post op. I'm taking my girls to Denver to swim at my mom's pool. She's taking us to an early lunch at a Polish restaurant. (I'm thinking lots of fried carby stuff, so I'm bringing a Greek yogurt and a shake.) then she's making us roast beef for dinner. Mm. My mom misses mommying and often lavishes it on us.

Food today:

B protein shake with milk, coffee with cream

L protein shake, Greek yogurt

D roast beef Pureed with gravy

Calories 800 Carbs 47 Protein 98

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Emiepie
on 5/30/16 8:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! In the car on the way to pick some apricots from a u-pick farm :) 

QOTD: No official BBQ plans but hubby with through some pork loin and chicken on the grill later. 

Today's menu will be a latte and protein shake (when we get back home) with PB2 for breakfast and I'm thinking inside of grilled Mahi Mahi taco and black beans for lunch, yogurt, pork rinds and jerky for snack and pork loin with carrots and SF pudding with toasted coconut for dinner. Totals will be around 1100 and protein around 115. Exercise so far was 45 mins stepper. Water and vits on track.

Hope you all have a great day and thank you to those who have family/friends that we are honoring today. 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

life_mirrors_art
on 5/30/16 8:54 am - Canada

Toasted coconut - yum!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

selhard
on 5/30/16 10:01 am, edited 5/30/16 3:03 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Sunny here so grilling burgers are a go in northern Minnesota.  Thumbs-up to Bush's Grillin' Beans; surprisingly 2 grams of sugar in a 1/2 cup serving.  My DD brought over a cut-up watermelon; a favorite of mine when microwaved hot for a minute or two.  DH gave a thumbs-down to the neighbor's suggestion the ample woodchucks we've been trapping are good eating.  Even Grim may turn his nose up to woodchuck.

life_mirrors_art
on 5/30/16 10:31 am - Canada

Microwaved watermelon is a new idea to me - will have to try it soon.

Woodchuck are big rodents, aren't they? Sure wouldn't make my list of delicious edibles ....

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

obxhatteraslight
on 5/30/16 10:53 am - baldwinsville, NY

I am glad that this thread is posted today. Tmw starts me back to trying to be accountable. I have been bad lately. Just al ot of stress and I now have 2 jobs. I went from 6 months of being really sick after surgery to working 2 jobs with odd hours. I was unemployed for those 6 months. DH has shingles. He is miserable. He says that I look emaciated and sick!! Like Skelator!! 

I have had hand to mouth disease these last couple of weeks. Almost like I stopped caring about myself and my tummy is a trash can. I keep picturing oscar the grouch in his trash can but have no clue how to post a pic. 

My Neuro/Psych office changed one of my meds and I feel like CRAP. First thing tmw she is getting a call.

Sorry do not want to post what went into my pie hole. Tmw is a new day thank goodness.

Catek2652
on 5/30/16 11:16 am
RNY on 10/26/15

The rain from Tropcal Storm Bonnie has begun falling here in Eastern Virginia and not scheduled to stop until next weekend. Hum drum and depressing for me. Veggie garden is going gang busters and we are harvesting radishes, spinach, lettuce now and should have pea pods this week as well. Broccoli is about done and cabbages are starting to head up. It's been so nice to be able to get out in the garden and actually be able to work without pain and faintness like I have experienced for the last many years since becoming obese. Our weekend company finally left just before lunch today.

B: decaf coffee (2 cups) with whole milk, Torani syrup(chocolate), Splenda, and 1/2 hour after that,  a piece of bacon and a hard-boiled egg.

S: A tablespoon of hummus I made myself yesterday.

L: two smoked pork ribs left over from Saturday night and a couple of spinach leaves from the garden.

S: Premier Protein Shake

D: Left over BBQ chicken from Sunday evening. Probably meat from a thigh since I think that is all that is left. A Slice of tomato. and maybe some coleslaw.

S: Plain greek Yogurt with blueberries and Splenda

We celebrated the opening of the pool for the season this weekend and also got started on clearing space in our woodland for camping sites.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

peachpie
on 5/30/16 12:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

hi RNY family! 

We grilled yesterday, weather was better. We grilled corn, burgers hot dogs, and ribs and I made Coleslaw. Yesterday I ate a hamburger (with the bottom bun only), 3 ribs and coleslaw, in two separate sittings. Today I had a hot dog and 1 rib. I've realized I can't tolerate ribs reheated, they get too dry-- yesterday they were perfect. So I'm behind in my Protein for today. I worked early this morning till 1:30 and only brought a yogurt with me. I normally would have had a Perrin shake to catch up-- but am out of powder. 

Time since surgery: 13 months 

m1 Greek yogurt w/granola 

m2: orange

m3: 1 hot dog with 1/2 bun, 1 rib, 2tbs coleslaw 

m4: beef stir fry

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI