What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/31/16 5:05 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  How did everyone fare this long holiday weekend?  Did we make good choices?  I, for one, did not.  Whatevs, I didn't exactly go off the rails; I made sure my choices were protein forward for the most part and I took all my vitamins (yay me!), but there was beer and barbecue and stuff.  I had an awesome weekend.  LMAO  Seeing my friends from college was amazing and we had so much fun together.  My friend who just lost her husband said it was the happiest she'd been in 8 weeks, so that alone made everything a-ok.  We went to a carnival at Canalside and shopped and relaxed by the pool and I even played volleyball at the cookout we attended on Sunday.  Say what?  LOL  I didn't even make a fool of myself.  HA!  And even though the temperature this weekend was hotter than the surface of the sun, it was a great time and we're doing it again in August!  Yay! 

QOTD!  Last week I asked about your favorite smell.  Today, I want to know your least favorite.  LOL  I have the usual suspects on my list; sour milk, dirty diapers, etc.  BUT, the single most disgusting thing I have ever smelled is the stench that was emitted from a bag of potatoes I had forgotten in the cabinet.  It was like the open maw of death itself.  I dry heaved and had to leave the room and come back with a mask in order to throw the bag away.

Time since surgery:  22+ months

B:  coffee, Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese and 6 cracked black pepper triscuits

S:  2 HB eggs and an apple

L:  smoked turkey breast/string cheese rollups

D:  grilled chicken and roasted asparagus

TOTALS:  Cals:  836  Protein:  99  Carbs:  49  Fat:  29

And I thought about not sharing this, but I can't stop myself.  LOL  For those not on FB, our very own AnnyBannany got engaged!  If you happen to pop in, congratulations Anny!!!

Queen JB
on 5/31/16 5:15 am, edited 5/30/16 10:39 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning, menu friends! So glad you had a good time Kristen! It sounds like it was great. I am feeling much better and enjoyed my long weekend. I had a nice time relaxing by the pool on Saturday and got to pick up Grim from the airport on Sunday. So happy to have him back!

I took drugs to sleep last night and I feel like a whole new woman. Bring it on, Tuesday! Bring. It. On.

QOTD: I work in a bunch of middle schools and I have to tell you that the smell of approximately 400 boys at once wearing Axe Body Spray is just the worst. Whatever marketing campaign they have targeted towards these boys is definitely working! Ugh!

I have a weird day--just one meeting, but I have to travel 1.5 hours each way to get there and back, so I am spending a large majority of the day in the car. I had to choose something for lunch that I could eat while driving.

....10 months post op....  

B: Trader Joe's Cold Brew Coffee with .5 c Fairlife Skim; 1 egg  

S: Mr. Cheese Os  

L: Sargento Cheese Stick & Vermont Smoke and Cure - Cracked Pepper Real Sticks  

S: Shrimp   

D: Not sure yet...  

Totals (without dinner):

Calories: 501 / Protein: 54 / Carb: 12 / Fat: 26  

CONGRATULATIONS, ANNY!  

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

melissasue1982
on 5/31/16 5:34 am
RNY on 04/06/15

So on the advise of my therapist, I was told to try and loosen up the reins and try and give myself a little slack in the eating department.  Well I gave myself an inch and I took a MILE.  It is NOT pretty right now, I am going to the therapist to work on my food "ISSUES", because I know I am still so ****** up, and really want to keep my weight off.  ugh ugh ugh I am up 7.6 lbs from my lowest weight on May 14th.  And up 7.2 lbs from my goal weight....   I am very angry with myself, and feel like the biggest failure.  I am fighting myself on the regular to fight off the "well **** it" mentality.  Its tough

Anyway, back to trying to be super strict with myself, obviously I am NOT ready to loosen the reins. 

QOTD: I am VERY sensitive to smells, there are SO MANY smells that I cannot stand.  I regularly dry heave or actually get sick from smells.  So we clothe diapered the boys from birth with both.  We would spray the "solids" from the diapers into the toilet after, so they never smelled when waiting to be washed.  Well we couldnt get the sprayer to work with the new house toilets, so hubby decided we should just use disposables until Elliot is potty trained.......OMG the smell from those diapers just sitting in a CLOSED bin almost makes me puke every damn time. 

14 Months since surgery

M1: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: Leftover teriyaki tofu w/ broccoli

M6: Curd cheese

Totals: Cals: 869  Protein: 136  Carbs: 34  Fat: 21

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Deanna798
on 5/31/16 6:09 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Uuugh, I had a bad weekend too.  I know you're disappointed in yourself but try to no get too bad, that guilt cycle will just make it worse.  (I know that it's easier said than done, but I needed to put it out there).  I hope you can get some tools to help you manage your eating.  Just know that I'm behind you 100%, no matter what!  

I have used disposable diapers for both of my kids and I think I am immune to the stinky diaper stink.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 5/31/16 9:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I noticed you are a couple of months past your one year surgiversary.... that is a tough place. I remember months 13,14 and 15 as being very difficult in there wasn't much weight loss happening and things were changing mentally and physically(suddenly I could eat more)...but then weight loss started again...hang in there.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

melissasue1982
on 5/31/16 9:37 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Thanks!!  I am almost to the point of worrying myself sick about regain...yet still messing up and eating like I shouldn't.  It's a strange place to be at.  I have NEVER lost enough weight to be at a goal weight, never ever, not even close. 

This whole year has been so emotionally draining!! So many GOOD feelings, yet so much confusion and just not knowing where I stand with myself.  I was in such denial before surgery about how much of a food addict I am.  I am hoping to start the process of working through this with my new therapist. 

NYMom222
on 5/31/16 9:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Weight loss does go slower the closer to goal you are... I have never been at goal before in my life... What really helped me be more realistic about what was reasonable for my body was when I had body fat testing. The goal I set for myself originally, that I thought was at the high end of normal... While I am just about there now...realized it is the low end of normal for me.

I wrote about it: Body fat testing

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

melissasue1982
on 5/31/16 10:19 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I remember when you went for your Dexa scan!!  I have searched for a place around me that does it, there is one in Boston, I am in NH, and it is rather expensive.  Well for my financial situation right now (i.e. 4 kids, with 2 in full time daycare) it is expensive, plus having to get down there etc.

I did find out that the University of NH has a program that will do the water submersion fat testing, for much cheaper.  Still a little far away, but not horribly so.  I may look more into doing this one.

I also made up my goal weight to be in the higher end of "normal", but surgeon's goal weight for me was 209.  So they are NO help with what a realtistic goal should be for me.

Deanna798
on 5/31/16 10:27 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I have heard that the water submersion testing is very accurate.  At least that is what I heard somewhere on the interwebs, lol.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 5/31/16 10:40 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have heard this also, PLUS ....did you know that you're not aloud to lie on the internet!!!??!!!  I read that on the internet once, so it HAS to be true

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views