Whats on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

luvn2oxfrd
on 9/22/16 5:52 am, edited 9/21/16 10:55 pm

Morning!

QOTD: Ooo! I love this one! How has weight loss surgery changed me...Well, since I am not a great "success" story in the typical sense, my answer may be different than most. My surgery showed me just how incredible my body is. Prior to surgery I was infertile. It took me 6 months, and much intervention, great doctors and lots of drugs, to produce one single solitary egg. Not only was I infertile, but several years after my second son was born (through the same arduous medical process), they thought I had uterine cancer. I had to have surgery because my uterus was in such disrepair (although, luckily, not cancer!) I was diabetic. I had high cholesterol. I was unhealthy. Within 5 months of surgery my body had totally changed. My cholesterol is so low now that they are looking for ways to raise it. I am no longer diabetic. My feminine bits work as they are supposed to, and we were blessed with a miracle baby girl whose conception needed no intervention. In the past year, still grossly, morbidly obese, I was able to jog three 5k races and I have my mind set on a 10k in January. The surgery has been amazing for me, and although my weight loss is not significant, I count it a success.  I never knew my body could be that resilient.

Time since surgery: 3+ years

B: bacon, egg, wheat toast
S: string cheese
L: 4 oz. hamburger patty
S: 2 pieces bacon
D: 4 oz. bbq chicken

Calories: 850

Protein: 78

Carbs: 36

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 6:21 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

WOW those are some pretty awesome post surgery "changes!!!" A miracle baby, jogging 5kms and planning a 10k!  Congrats!!!  Its true about our bodies being resilient, who knew we had it in us!  Great job!

Ereiam
on 9/22/16 5:58 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Hi Daisy and everybody! Crossing my fingers for your husband. Keep us posted.

Qotd: I'm only 4 months post op but my life has definitely changed already. I was just thinking about this on my walk this morning. I'm a little over halfway in my weight loss but four months ago I couldn't walk around the block because my knee and hip hurt too much. Now I'm walking 3 miles a day. And... I'm getting up at 5 am to do it. The increase in energy is probably the best life change so far. I use to need 9-10 hours of sleep and then would drag all day. Now I'm fine with 8 hours and can go all day. Woo hoo!

B noatmeal, coffee with cream

L 1/2 cup turkey chili, carrots

D hamburger patty, salad

S light and fit yogurt, string cheese, 10 almonds

Calories 769 Carbs 39 Protein 74

Vitamin patch on, exercise done, lots of water

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 6:24 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Those are wonderful changes!  I love that you are half way to your goal weight and walking every day!  That is sooooo awesome. I could not walk a block to get our mail pre surgery, it was bad. So I totally get you on now walking and running is a part of my daily routine!  

I too don't need as much sleep. I for sure got 9-10 hours of sleep before, now 6-7 is fine.  So weird how things like that change.

Great menu!

Teena D.
on 9/22/16 6:10 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm re-joining the menu crew posting on Monday.  Thanks you for another great QOTD Daisy! I don't know how my WLS will change me or even if it will.... I'm a pretty confident outgoing person and for the most part, I feel pretty good about myself.  

Since getting to my current weight and kind of sticking there for almost a year, I can see how it would affect me in the long term. I am more aware of physical limitations.  Stairs wind me, as do long walks. While I wasn't physically fit before- I can certainly feel the difference. Even the 21 day fix- when I was at 260 or 270, it was a challenge, but now it feels more like a mountain.  As an adult, my weight has fluctuated between 220 to 260, and 3 times it got above 270. 2 times I went on a diet and lost 50-60 lbs.  This time I requested the referral for WLS.  I'm also not as pleased with the person I see in the mirror. But anyway, the physical stuff is all temporary... They're opening a new gym in our town called Fit4Less next Wednesday and I've already signed up for a membership.  I plan on going there next Thursday. I have always loved going to the gym but have not made it a priority for a long time.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 6:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Great new pic DM!!  Yes please come back to posting your menu, as you saw from yesterday's post weighing/measuring/MFP and posting here for accountability is a large part of a lot of our successes!!!

I totally get you on the physical limitations!  I just can't wait for you to have surgery so that you can write about all the things we are!  Its exciting and fascinating and such a great journey!  Your line of "I am not pleased wtih the person I see in he mirror," yup that was me too, I get that!!! So get that!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome on the new gym and getting a membership.  Even if you just walk on the treadmill between now and your surgery date its movement!  Good for you!

Teena D.
on 9/22/16 1:39 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Thanks Daisy! I can't wait either!!  My file went to rounds today. I called the centre this afternoon. The girl chuckled and assured me I would get a call tomorrow. ? 

peachpie
on 9/22/16 6:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Good luck with jury duty. We get paid our regular salary if we're picked for jury duty-- I actually long to be picked. Hell I'd probably volunteer if I could!

Before I got into QOTD (and possibly TMI)- one thing they didn't tell me about WLS was I should invest in whatever company makes plungers. I don't think I've ever clogged more toilets in my life more than I have in the past 16 months!! So for QOTD-- how has WLS surgery changed me? Its made me more aware of health (vs. the vanity aspects of weight loss). I know if I would have done this 5 years ago I would have only cared about the vanity (certain size, certain # on the scale, shopping at certain stores) . Now I'm acutely aware of the health benefits, and doing whats necessary to maintain a good blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol level, blood sugar etc. I use both diet & exercise to ensure my health-- and am motivated for a greater purpose beyond vanity. (The vanity is a hell of a lot of fun though!!)

I'm meeting with a personal trainer tonight (complimentary session) I'm interested to see if that'll be more fruitful than the dietitian visit. 

Time since surgery: 16 months

Weight today: 196.4

M1: 2 scrambled egg, 1/3c turkey sausage & slice cheese

m2: Greek yogurt.berries

M3: 2.2 oz lunch meat roll up/1 slices cheese

current bad habit: dark chocolate covered cashews (i hate dark chocolate- so I won't go to town with them; but I'm still munch on a few a day)

M4: ?? probably take out

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Teena D.
on 9/22/16 6:13 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

My company pays us for jury duty as well and I would love to be picked also!!

supershopper
on 9/22/16 6:21 am

totally agree on the plunger- what the heck- I've been going downstairs in the 'new' toilet because it sucks anything down- BUT I did get it stopped up over the weekend as it was my first poop after this GB surgery.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8