Whats on your Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

seattledeb
on 9/22/16 10:03 pm

They don't bring the casseroles around in Seattle. A friend of mine in the South still has 3 casseroles still in the freezer and her mama died last year.

pammieanne
on 9/22/16 11:09 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Wow, you just gave me so much to think about! Thank you! Most awesome post 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Jo_Jo
on 9/22/16 7:35 am
RNY on 02/09/16

Good morning all. It's a beautiful day today. It's always a beautiful day when you've lost over 100 lbs. I hope that this surgery does not change me because I like who I am. I feel that my life was on hold all this time. WLS has allowed me to return to my regularly scheduled program. I am grateful, happy, healthy... it goes on and on. I was observing life & now I'm an active participant again. I look forward to everyday.

Food for today includes: protein coffee, cheese & strawberries, shrimp & sauce, boneless beef ribs, coconut Greek yogurt, moon cheese, green apple, more protein coffee.

Looking forward to Les Mills BODYCOMBAT class; burns over 500 calories and feels amazing... I may be addicted to exercise, lol.

have a great day!

4' 11" Female. Sw 238. Goal138. 

Daisydoo02
on 9/22/16 7:45 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

WHOA!  Who is the stunner in the pic!  Jo Jo I can't believe you have been holding out on us, you are gorgeous!

I can totally related to "life was on hold all this time" you hit the nail on the head there, that really resonates with me.  So glad you are an "active participant again". That makes me smile!

Great menu and yes on the Bodycombat class!  The NUT at my centre told me I had transfer addiction, I went from food to working out/exercise, I had to hold off telling her where to go.  Keep doing what you are doing b/c its awesome, You go girl!!!

yvonnef1964
on 9/22/16 7:46 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good norning menu gang,

Im feeling better this morning. 

QOTD I have one friend that said I have changed but I guess Im tired of her using me so I say out loud to her whats bothering me now. I exercise more than I did before surgery and eating better.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese

L cottage cheese and turkey deli meat

D chicken and butternut squash

S greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks, and apple

Have a good day

Kakesie
on 9/22/16 7:47 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Daisy, I sure hope & pray that Arun gets passed up for jury duty!

QOTD:  When my mom died, it really hit me hard and I started thinking about how hard it will be for my daughter when something happens to me since I'm really all the family she has.  My liver doctor said if I didn't lose weight I could be in liver failure in 5 - 10 years and that scared me.  Add in high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, fibromyalgia and other co-morbid conditions and I decided I wanted to get healthy so I would be around for a long time for my daughter.  I'm now off the diabetes medicine, my liver enzymes are normal, my arthritis and fibromyalgia don't bother me nearly as much and I just feel so much better all around!  

My menu for today:

Breakfast:  2 eggs, sunny side up, 3 strips bacon

Lunch:  Lettuce salad w/ tomato, bacon, cheese & low cal dressing

Dinner:  Rib-eye steak

Snack:  Oiko's Triple Zero greek yogurt

Snack:  Moon cheese

Snack:  Watermelon

Snack:  sugar-free pudding w/ cool whip

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Queen JB
on 9/22/16 7:53 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey guys, Ah I am so freaking busy at work, plus I managed to get myself a doozy of a cold. So much punishment for my awesome vacation... Anyway, just enough time for a drive-by post today. I will be excited to read all your responses, later tonight.

QOTD: I struggle with this one. I don't think it's changed who I "am"--I've always been a bossy, determined, work-aholic ;-) But I definitely have more confidence. I don't worry about being perceived about my appearance, so I don't feel like I need to over-compensate, anymore. In addition, I don't have the same physical limitations, obviously. I am not scared of really silly basic stuff. For example, yesterday I was on a walk at lunch and came upon a shortcut back to the office that has a HUGE staircase through Government Center. I would have avoided it completely in order to aviod getting out of breath. But yesterday I ran up! That little stuff feels great.

B: 2 cups of decaf with Fit Frappe Mocha protein & 2 cheese stick (and a handful of m&ms--shut up, I know...)

S: Balance Bar

L: 3 slices deli chicken, 3 slices American cheese on 3 Finn Crisp crackers

D: HB egg & pepperoni slices

Have a great day!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daffodilgirl
on 9/22/16 8:10 am

Good morning menu gang! Daisy hopefully Arun won't get picked. I know that has to be stressful for him and you.  

So the surgeons office finally called back and said yes to carafate and yes to Nexium. They are suppose to call me back for an appointment and we will discuss how long and set up a gastro appointment. 

QOTD- I was always built like a brick crap house until I was 22. I married my husband and apparently I got really slack and let eating take over. We had one of our children and I didn't even try to lose the weight. I knew I wanted to get pregnant immediately. I had a miscarriage after that and then went on to have two healthy babies. When my oldest was 1.5 years old her health was horrible. She was diagnosed with everything under the sun. Heart surgery, lungs collapsed etc. so needless to say her health and my two others babies came way before me. I would go days without eating only to finally eat two plates of food. I decided I had to do something for myself. I was so ashamed and so unhealthy. I didn't want my kids to grow up with the fat mama that couldn't even walk to the car without giving out of breath. 

I had my surgery March 4,2016. In that short amount of time I have found that food is only needed to fuel my body. The thought of eating some of the junk I used to makes me nausea!  My family is trying to do my eating lifestyle also. So it was a win win for me. I have found that I love to exercise too! (Didn't mean to write a novel!) 

B- 1/2 of a Protein shake. My stomach is still burning 

The  rest of the day I'm not sure. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful first day of fall! 

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Capogirl
on 9/22/16 8:17 am

Good morning,

Oh Daisy, I hope he doesn't get picked.  My dh was almost picked for the Marathon bomber Jury.  He ha to go back several times and didn't know for sure until the day before they announced the jury.  Even then he had to wait a couple of days after to be sure.  This went on for a couple of months before the trial started.  It  was awful not knowing.  So glad he didn't have to serve that jury.  Crossing my fingers for Arun.

QOTD:  I ws also very active when I was young, but started putting on weight in my late 20's.  My dad's family were all big.  My mother's family not so much.  I had my first child at age 31, had high blood pressure during pregnancy and was on bed rest for 4 months.  I gained so much weight with her and never took all of it off.   Then I became pregnant at 40 with my second child.  I put on even more weight with that pregnancy and again never took it all off.   Since surgery I have become more aware of what I eat and what my family is eating and I have become more active, though not as active as I once was due to arthritis in the knees and back which are a result of carrying all that extra weight around for so long.   The biggest change has been my level of confidence.  I have become so much more confident, I speak up more, I pose for photos now, I would hide from them before, there are precious few pictures of me since about age 27.    At a family get-together my cousin commented that she can't believe how much more confident I seem.   She doesn't remember how confident I was back in the early days as she is 12 years younger. 

Time since surgery : 17 months

B:  1 egg, 1/2 fiber one english mufffin

L:  turkey burger, cheese, ketchup, no bun

D:  turkey tenderloin, zucchini

S:  1 scoop Jay Robb protein Powder, 4 oz skim milk.   Balanced breaks

NYMom222
on 9/22/16 8:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK really late posting here... reading through all the answers- Love it! And so needed it today as the scale and I are not friends. After going up over the weekend... instead of going down- I am night time munchying and up 2 more... now I know I didn't eat an extra 7,000 calories yesterday...but as I always say the scale is a fickle friend. Maintenance and finding the magical happy place number to hang out at is rough....

Today I have 2 eat outs planned. First is a lunch with someone from the hospital support group- one of my favorite little dive restaurants, right on the water- sit outside, watch the boats and Thursdays is buy one Lobster get one free... Lobster leftovers...yummmm. Dinner is with 2 longtime friends- we make a point of getting together about 4 times a year for dinner and gabfest...usually we do it at my house, because we gab for hours...but one of my friends was working late so we are meeting at Ruby Tuesdays.

Tonight my sister arrives from AZ for a weekend of family activities to remember my Aunt, and to bury her with my Mom and Dad on Saturday. My Aunt never married, never had kids...so we were her kids. She lived most of her Adult life in Hawaii but was a fashion buyer, then VP for Liberty House- a department store chain there- so she would come to NY on business 4x a year...so we probably actually saw her more than if she lived here, as we always made a point of seeing her when she was in town. She lived with my sister for the last 20 years, so for her kids this is like losing their grandmother. Also different for my sister and Brother-in-law as they lived with her everyday. Talked to my SIL (here) last night and she had a Hawaiian Lei made for my sister to wear the day of the funeral... that made me cry. My Aunt was 91+, so lived a good life.... and I am obsessing about the food and scale. So wrong.

QOTD: I have been obese and overweight since I was 5. So it was my normal. That being said I was an active person with lots of friends... but I knew I was spending too much time on the couch. Not totally living.  My Mom passed before she met any of her grandchildren (smoking related) -so after my grandson was born, I realized I wanted to live to meet all my grandchildren and dance at their weddings....I don't see it, but some of my closest friends say I have changed, I am lighter, brighter and even more outgoing. I think when I am feeling good about my physical body, I am even more of a people person... I let it all hang out even if they think I'm crazy (ahemm...cough! cough! Grim.. ) I always taught my son, life is an adventure- and I think I am now seeing that for myself too. Not everyone around me, who has known me for a long time, is down with that but as Dr. M told me:

As long as you are happy, sometimes you just have to say f@#&'em. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone ....

Don't know if I really answered the question... but totally relate to so many answers here- life and spontaneity, and the mental dialogue... so changed.

Oh - and who would have though this #formerfatgirl would miss exercise after surgery? So happy to be #backinthesaddle.

1: Coffee with fairlife and Miralax

2: Lobster! and I will not get the seafood bisque.... I am saying that out loud and please hold me accountable!

3: Protein drink

4: Ruby Tuesdays - Steak and 2 veggie sides. Maybe grilled shrimp. They do have a good menu for us. No salad Bar- also please hold me accountable.

5: Nothing really needed - but I find it better to go to bed with something in my pouch. So PB on a spoon

Ex: pilates 21-day-fix done, 30 minutes on rebounder trampoline later...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
Recent Topics