Struggle with buying clothes

Brandi Girl
on 1/18/17 10:10 am
WLS on 10/18/11

THANK YOU!  A personal stylist is what i need! haha. I have zero sense of style that is also  part of the reason I tend to just stick with jeans and t-shirts. Can't go wrong. But when I want or need to dress up for events and such, I'm paralyzed with fear and clueless. 

Jester
on 1/18/17 2:05 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

Just to chime in with a man's perspective - I struggled with the same thing for a good 9+ months post-op.  I never, ever wanted snug clothing as I was so HUGE, and it was a hard adjustment for me to buy clothes that actually fit.

Now I'm a bit of a junkie.  I could never have imagined myself loving to go clothes shopping (something I formerly dreaded and generally asked my wife to do on my behalf.)  Now I kind of can't stop buying new clothes.  It is such a different experience to have so many options.

I'm a huge fan of places like Nordstrom Rack and Saks Off 5th.  Awesome clothes at reasonable prices - especially if you shop the clearance racks.

My 12 year old daughter just told me the other day "Dad, your style is so much better now that you've lost weight!".  Big difference going from a 4XL and size 48 waist to a size Medium Slim Cut and a 30/32 waist (depending on brand).

Most Active
Recent Topics