What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/27/17 10:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome. Keep posting--it's good for your health ;)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CathyV
on 3/27/17 7:48 am

Morning!

We traveled this weekend to visit my oldest at college. It was nice to see her, looking forward to having her home for summer. Eating went pretty well, though she is right, it is ridiculous to try and eat healthy in her cafeteria. We had dinner there Friday night. I got this fried fi**** was awful. Just awful. Every meal I have there is awful. I would love her to be able to get a suite next year with a real kitchen.

QOTD- I didn't lurk here...I came in with questions and I was excited about getting my procedure done. But I'm not a lurker by nature. My mom always says my motto is, "Everything worth doing is worth overdoing." lol.

Breakfast today- coffee with milk, scrambled eggs. I admit, I finished my son's half piece of toast. Finishing food is a bad habit of mine. Because we wouldn't want to waste food. Much better to put it to good use padding my rear end, yes?

Lunch- no leftovers stocked for lunches since we have been out of town.I think I will have some deli turkey and cheese, and maybe some sliced cucumber.

Snack- Half a protein bar, hot tea

Dinner- I pulled three bags of...um, I'm not entirely sure. Some sort of leftovers I squirreled away in the freezer and did not label. We will be eating these up for dinner tonight and probably tomorrow so as to get them out of my way. I think one is some kind of shredded roast, and the other looks like some chicken, lol. I think I'll serve the roast tonight, maybe with some rolls for the family to make sandwiches out of it, without bread for me of course.

Snack- I haven't really been needing this snack. We eat dinner kind of late. I'm not hungry. But I find myself wanting something anyway! So I'm going to try having some hot tea here. And maybe go to bed earlier. I have been staying up too late ever since the time change.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Queen JB
on 3/27/17 10:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

That's terrible about the cafeteria food at the college. I gained a lot during my freshman year.

I wonder if she and a group of other like-minded kids can do some community organizing/activism to get the college to make some changes to the menu?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Librarian67
on 3/27/17 7:52 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Good morning menu folks!

I got in two long walks this weekend at a local park. I talked a friend into going with me each day so I didn't have to walk it by myself. It's a big loop around a lake and I was a bit nervous about whether I had developed the strength to do it yet. But all of my hard work on the treadmill has paid off and it went well.

QOTD: I lurked for a few weeks and read current and past posts, but I piped in pretty quickly with questions.

Breakfast: Egg white omelet with cheese

Snack: Apple Ecstasy protein shake

Lunch: Salmon patty with puttanesca sauce

Snack: Cottage cheese with unsweetened applesauce

Dinner: Chicken tikka masala leftovers with riced cauliflower

Exercise: 40 minutes on the treadmill doing slow intervals

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

rachelp
on 3/27/17 8:15 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Mornin gang! We had a pretty good weekend. The weather was real warm and windy. I finally had to go shopping. All my tops were hanging down to my knees. I needed some plain t-shirts and tops and Old Navy had a sale $3 tanks and $5 tees so I couldn't pass it up. I wear a size Lg (yay!)

QOTD: I lurked for over 10 years. I joined this site in 2005 but lurked a year before that even. I always felt that WLS was a pipe dream and I was basically "looking in the window". RNY scared me and back then. this site had a memorial page for those who died and it seemed that everyone's journey consisted of complications. I now know that that was because people that are having problems are more likely to post on here rather than someone that was successful and out living life. I left for a while but checked in occasionally. I came back periodically looking into the lapband but discovered the sleeve. I knew instantly that was the surgery for me. I didn't actually start posting on here until I got my consult appointment set up.

Menu: Grilled chicken breast, baked fish and not sure about dinner yet. I ate a protein bar Saturday and it pissed off my gallbladder. I can't wait to get this thing out Wednesday!!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Amy Liz
on 3/27/17 9:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Glad to hear you have a surgery date! You will feel so much better.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/27/17 10:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What you saw in 2005 would have turned me off! It seems like mostly positive posts these days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

cc583
on 3/27/17 3:00 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

I wish I could eat chicken again. I made a beautiful roaster chicken last week. I took one bite and thought I was gonna lose it. I'll try again in month or so.

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Amy Liz
on 3/27/17 8:29 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! I had a great weekend and today the sun is shinning and will be all week, yay! I love my weekends, but equally love my weekday routine (including Mondays). I'm sure I am the minority with that one.

Today I am swimming at the gym again. I'm excited now that I've worked through all the nerves of the first time. Seems crazy to have worried. I mean we are all there for the same reason and seriously no one cares what you look like, just do your thing.

QOTD - I joined OH right before my surgery, lurked and read everything, even posted a few times but didn't join the menu thread until a few weeks after my surgery. I'm so happy I did. I'm positive I would have been way too liberal in my food choices w/out OH.

4+ month out from surgery

I've eliminated nuts, cheese and veggies for now and I'm sticking to just protein and fat lately. I have so much more energy and I find I don't have the 'looking for flavor' (usually salt) head hunger.

b-coffee with heavy creamer and splenda

b2-egg salad

l-pepperoni or jerky

d-taco meat with hot sauce

v/l - on track

e-30 minutes lap swim

Have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

One Bad Beach
on 3/27/17 8:35 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Good morning! Manic Monday here! Got to work to realize that the lady that I work with that handles some ticket entering is going to be out of the office until Thursday. It's a "payroll Monday" here, so it's going to be a bit hectic. This weekend was nice weather, and we spent all day Saturday at our local park. There is a pond there, and we ended up fishing all day long...and I got a little sun, which is nice! Yesterday, I had to take my oldest to the doctor (Thank God for a walk-in clinic). He has a severe sinus infection, and is now on two antibiotics, a nasal spray, and the doc asked us to get him a netipot. We shall see if it really works. The rest of the day was spent buying groceries (buy one get one free roasts, steaks, chops. SCORE) and cooking for the week. I'm going CAMAW this week, so my calories a little higher than normal, but that means my protein is up, and my carbs are down. Husband gave the scale back, but I think it was for his benefit and not mine. Oh well, life is better with a scale in the bathroom!

And...the stall is over, I believe. Knock on wood!!! Dropped three pounds this weekend.

Sorry the pic is so big. How can I fix that?

QOTD: Every time I was searching online for an answer to a question that I had, it kept bringing me back to OH. It took me a little time before I asked my first question, but I did lurk on the menu thread for a while before actually posting.

4 months post op tomorrow / 186lbs today / pound dropping diva diet

B: Opa's Meats Hatch Green Chile Smoked Sausage (4 oz.)

S: McCormicks Montreal Steak Sausage (2 oz.)

L: Roasted Pork Loin (4 oz.)

S: Oak Lump Grilled Pork Chop (4 oz.)

D: Grilled Steak (4 oz.)

Totals: 880 cal, 5 carb, 93 protein

Vitamins started and nicotine patch in place! (I'm gonna do this!)

Exercise: Walking in the park if oldest kiddo feels up to leaving the house after school & tutorials today!\

Have a great day, y'all

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244