What's on your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 4/26/17 2:18 am, edited 4/26/17 2:19 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yep, we made it half way there, again--Happy Hump Day! Yesterday was a long day... Rainy commute, plus a lot of fires to put out at work, and then discovered that I forgot about a big project that was due Monday. Yikes. I hope today is a little calmer, but not counting on it. The best part of yesterday was all the excitement I got to see about the school renovation. I got lots of hugs and high fives.

I am still on track with eating! Figuring out when to take Carafate with a PPI, food and drink, is like a cruel math problem. The good news is that there are no hours left in the day to snack or eat off plan. I am determined to go to Paris (in 2.5 weeks!), 5lbs lower than I am today, dammit!

QOTD: Do you like to fly? I am totally fine with it...EXCEPT that I have literally never, ever used an airplane bathroom. I am positive that the plane will go down when I am in the little cube with my pants down, so...nope! LOL.

21 months post op / 118lbs today (better!) / trying to lose 5lbs of regain

B: Decaf Coffee with Fit Frappe Mocha & Boost Protein Shake

S: Greek Yogurt

L: 3 oz Chicken

S: 3oz leftover Grilled Steak

D: 3oz Ham

Totals: MFP was down this morning, so I hope I did okay

Vitamins: Patches (D3, & Multi & Iron) Oral (Magnesium & Potassium)

Exercise: 14 hour day ahead of me, so none today :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 4/26/17 3:06 am

Morning!

im a little slow moving this morning. We met friends last night who are in town for only a short while. So I left the house last night at 9pm! Like some kind of 20 year old hahahah.

Qotd: before my weight really ballooned, I enjoyed flying. I've actually fallen asleep during takeoffs hahha. But. My last two trips required seatbelt extenders. They were not fun experiences. The staff was always great. It was just so uncomfortable, that I've avoided flying for 4 years now.

Now, I cannot wait to take a flight!

menu:

B: protein shake

L: chicken breast with avocado and lime juice

D: Italian sausage with peppers and onion

S: sliced roast beef with salt and pepper.

take care everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

FindingCharlie
on 4/26/17 3:29 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good morning Grimberry and everyone.

I am finding that those last few pounds are harder to take off. I want to lose approx. 28 more pounds to get to 115. I am so paranoid about regain and I haven't reached my goal yet.

QOTD: It has been several years since I have flown...7 years actually. I did like flying but have used the bathrooms and they are sooo tiny and that was always my fear also.....plane crash and there I am with my pants down...how horrifying! My furbabies have been tramatized in the past being kenneled while we were on trips...my Jumpin' Jack actually gave himself Colitis and had to be on an IV when we came home. I have vowed to never put any of my babies through that again so I don't take trips anymore except if it is separate from my DH ( such as drives down to visit my Mom). We actually have a timeshare in Vegas that we haven't used since we got it because I won't tramatize my babies again. I also don't trust to have anyone stay at our home with them, so no trips.

Menu:

Breakfast: ham, egg and cheese scramble

Lunch: Egg salad with tuna salad mixed (leftovers)

Dinner: Chicken fajita and riced veggies

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

Kakesie
on 4/26/17 3:36 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu Family!

I'm glad everyone loved your school renovations, Julia! Those colors looked awesome!

QOTD: I love flying, I just wish flights weren't so expensive. My mom got her private pilot's license in her 30's when we were kids so we flew some in small Cessna airplanes with her. One time she was trying to land the plane and stalled it out over some houses. She and my dad were in the front seats and my brother and I were in the back yelling, "Hey Mom, are we going to crash? Huh, Mom, are we?" My dad turned around and yelled at us to "SHUT UP!" My brother and I looked at each other and said, "We really ARE going to crash!" My mom (fortunately), pulled us out of the stall just in the nick of time, but it scared her so much that she never flew again.

Now my younger brother, (who was just a baby when that happened), is a private pilot himself and I've flown with him several times.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks

L: lettuce, chicken, cheese, low cal dressing

D: taco meat, cheese, 1/2 flour tortilla

S: light n fit Greek yogurt

Exercise: Walking Blossom around the subdivision (if the rain lets up)

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

merryrose
on 4/26/17 3:47 am

This answers my question who likes to fly. Haha. I imagine flying a Cessna is a totally different experience than flying coach on a commercial airliner. Sounds fun!

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

FozzieBear
on 4/26/17 3:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning guys!

So it turns out my work day generally starts out with an hour or so drive to site so I've been able to use that time to post which has worked out nicely. I'm settling into a bit of a routine too so I feel a little more in control of everything.

QOTD I don't have much experience flying but it wasn't a whole lot of fun. I didn't have to use an extender but only because I just never used the seat belt and no one said anything. I do remember being squished into a tiny little plane for a short flight and the look on the persons face who was supposed to sit beside me before they went to a flight attendant and switched seats. They were discreet about it but I knew. Now I'm looking forward to flying again. I would love to go out west later this year and I'm determined to get to Hawaii one day.

5 months post op

B- coffee w/ 1/2 chocolate premier

L- chicken breast

D- pork tenderloin and tomato, cucumber feta salad

S- coffee w/ remaining premier, turkey bite

Happy Wednesday!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

FozzieBear
on 4/26/17 3:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16
merryrose
on 4/26/17 3:44 am

QOTD: who likes to fly? It's uncomfortable. Though I look forward to fitting in an airplane seat without the armrests trying to pop out...
I don't have a problem flying. Not afraid of it or anything. Just another slightly uncomfortable travel method. I suppose I might like it better if I could afford first class...

Today is a looong day! Working 6:30-6. Taking my almost new vacuum to the repair shop on my lunch break. It should be covered under warranty, though....

Plan:
Breakfast 1: coffee with premier protein
Breakfast 2: syntrax cappuccino with fairlife milk
Lunch: half serving frozen broccoli casserole (leftover from eggface recipe I made a while ago) and half serving Italian soy chicken
Snack: cottage cheese
Dinner: Thai style fake chicken (made a peanut sauce with PB2!) with scrambled egg and riced cauliflower

Exercise: day off aside from waking my dog a bit. Looooong day at work.

Totals:
Calories 647/ carbs 31/ protein 88

I keep tweaking things but every time I got the carbs down the calories went up and the protein went down and I decided 31 is ok for today.

SW 270; CW 171.2; GW 150

catwoman7
on 4/26/17 10:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I use PB2 in peanut sauces, too - works great! I also used the unsweetened coconut milk in a carton, and add a little coconut extract at the end if it needs it (often not - the curry and peanut tastes are pretty overpowering!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teena D.
on 4/26/17 3:52 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning menu crew!

Not looking forward to work but it is what it is. On the train heading in. JB 14 hour days suck! I hope you don't have too many of them. Good luck with the regain- I'm sure you can do it! Your Paris trip is really coming up quickly.

QOTD- I love to fly, and tbh I don't think I've ever used a restroom on a plane but only because the flights I've taken have only bee 2-3 hours at most. I've flown to Newfoundland and to Florida and that's it.

Menu today is a duplicate of yesterday except for dinner. Last night we were going to grill chicken breasts but when I opened the grill there was some kind of best inside and sadly 2 dead birds nearby. Not sure what happened but I cooked the chicken in the oven instead. In spite if being very careful not to overcook so it wouldn't be dry, it stuck and I was in agony for a while. I only ate about 1/2 of my 3 ounce serving.

B: protein shake

L: Corned Beef (deli) with mustard and a piece of Balderson aged cheddar

S: Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt- toasted coconut - really looking forward to that!

D: Up in the air. Maybe more deli meat. My family will probably order pizza as it's bible study tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics