What's on your Saturday menu RNYers?

seattledeb
on 8/12/17 1:32 pm

We go through an excessive amount of paper towels. I buy them all the time.

Meggles07
on 8/12/17 5:37 am - Canada

Good morning :)

We had an awesome time yesterday with Babs and her husband!! She showed us the town and was very gracious when DH started melting from the heat -- these darn Canadians just can't deal with the southern heat ;) lol.

Today we are flying home with a quick grocery shop before we cross the border to go home.

QOTD: I haven't tried to talk anyone into surgery but I have spoken to a few people who were already thinking about it. That being said I was thinking this week that I would like to revisit the idea with my stepdad. My mom had surgery so it would be awesome for them to do it together. I know his knees are starting to bother him and I think it would help a lot.

Breakfast 1 - pudding, protein bar, banana

Breakfast 2 (airport) - omelette with bacon mmm

Lunch - tbd

Snack - nuts or protein bar if needed

Dinner - no idea. We have no food at home and I'm tired of eating out from this week.

Snack - protein shake

All water and vits.

peachpie
on 8/12/17 6:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning IF and weekend menu peeps!

I'm done with my run already, showered and am laying back in bed. When I woke my body was pretty sore, not sure why- but I'm taking It easy now that exercise is done for the day. Clothes shopping for the kids for school if in the agenda. They need to cut the lawn too. Nothing else planned- I've had some things in my amazon cart I may go ahead and actually buy.

Observation I had yesterday. Pretty much no one work work with comments on my weight loss. But they often see me taking my vitamins throughout the day. I get FAR more questions on that than anything else. I keep them in a small round plastic container that I periodically refill. I'm always amused my the look of concern I get from folks when I reach for it and take them. I'll tell people who ask that it's calcium I have to take because I have brittle bones.

Qotd: I've not encouraged anyone to have surgery. I know how I would have felt if it were suggested to me anytime before I considered it for myself- it would have been a blow. So if people talk to me about weight/struggles I just listen & empathize. Hubby brought it up to me a while back-- and I had to temper my eagerness, remembering I sat in the fence about the decision for a good 5 years.

194.6 today, 27 months out

m1: 2 eggs, turkeys sausage

m2: sautéed shrimp

m3:?

M4: oven fried tilapia, broccoli

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Rosemi
on 8/12/17 6:23 am

Hi OHer's, my plan for this weekend is to - get rid of more stuff-!!! My daughter recently opened an upcycle(thrift shop) so I have a place to send it... if it doesn't work for her shop then she takes it to goodwill.

QOTD Would I suggest WLS to someone? Probably not...not because I unsatisfied with anything about my RNY.. I am so thankful that I had it! I had my surgery in April 2003 and did not get down to my goal weight (my fault entirely)... my lowest weight was 194...highest weight was 371?... my surgeon and I disagreed on my goal weight... he actually yelled at me... I wanted 145 or 140.. he wanted 180.. I remember looking at him and thinking why would I want to risk this surgery and end up at that weight! (My sister had wls in the 80's and died from the infection 3 weeks later at 38 years old) This was a very hard surgery for me to have BUT I decided that it worked for almost everyone and that I would be one of those... so here I am - losing my regain and heading for My goal of 145... (and yes the pouch still works and since April 24 2017 so does my brain/mindset...yaaaaay)... so would I suggest WLS- probably not but I would definitely encourage it if the person wanted the surgery for themselves...

Coffee,pp for cream, fiber, vitamins

B 2 HB eggs

L 5 meatballs

D 3oz. Crackchicken

Have a great day everyone

catwoman7
on 8/12/17 6:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm sorry about your sister. That is so awful. I know that doesn't happen much anymore because techniques have improved a lot since then, but still.... Wow.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Rosemi
on 8/12/17 6:47 am

Thank you and yes things have definitely improved, thank heavens. Also she was given pain pills instead of being checked..that's why I'm usually so vocal when someone talks about unusual symptoms without mentioning that they are going to see their Dr

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/17 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning from drizzly New Hampshire, where I'm listening to loons calling on Newfound Lake! We are visiting friends for the weekend. They have a small cottage overlooking the lake. DD and a friend are here and also another family of friends a couple of cottages down.

QOTD: I give information vs. encouraging WLS, except with DD where I might get a little more specific (Like have you considered it? What would you think about doing it if insurance were to pay or I paid for it?). We have several MO friends who have severe comorbidities who I think should really consider it, but they obviously have to decide for themselves. I do frequently say that it was the best thing I ever did, that it was easier than I expected (yes even the post-op diet since real hunger wasn't an issue for me then), that I actually enjoy eating MORE now (savor it vs eating until I couldn't even taste my food). I admit that if I were to snack on carbs a lot I could regain pretty quickly, because I only have an additional "tool", but if I follow my plan the "tool" works great. One of those MO friends is having surgery at my WLS center in October.

16.5 months post-op, 8.5 months in maintenance.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Scallops (if we go out to dinner) or Lobster (if we eat here) - yum to both!

S: nut thins and hummus

Admission: There will probably be a few off-plan things crossing my lips as there was yesterday, but I find that if I stay on plan for main meals and don't go too crazy when I am away, that's fine to do once in a while.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

catwoman7
on 8/12/17 6:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

DH had a great job interview last week and they've contacted his references. They also called him a day or two ago to see if the salary they could offer would be acceptable (it's a big cut from what he was making at a similar job that he left a year ago, but way better than what he's been making in these part time jobs he's had the last year, so he may have to go with it). Job itself he'd love, but it's an hour commute - but I'm pretty sure he's going to take it if offered. It's been 15 months since he lost his former job, so it's time - and this really is a good job. I'd hate the commute, but he's from the NYC area, so an hour commute isn't a huge deal for him. Anyway, today we're going to go to the town where the job is and look around (we'd never move there, but he wants to see what all is around there, and also figure out the quickest way to get there). Anyway, our fingers and toes are crossed...

QOTD: I'm not very open about my surgery except to close friends and other MO people who ask me how I lost the weight (anyone who's been obese would never buy the "diet and exercise" answer). If they say they'd been considering surgery, too, then yes - I will and have encouraged it, but otherwise, no. I'm mindful of the fact that I was absolutely in the right frame of mind to do this when I did it, and I'm sure I would not have been nearly as successful if I hadn't been. So I've only encouraged it when I know they're already considering it.

2 years 2 months out

B: homemade Greek yogurt with added protein powder, fresh blueberries

S: coffee with half & half, mango protein/Miralax shake

L: not sure - we'll be out & about. I have a protein bar with me just in case

D: Moroccan beef stew, salad

probably another yogurt or SF protein pudding pop if I can afford the calories

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

babsinga
on 8/12/17 6:56 am
RNY on 07/11/17

Howdy,

QOTD: Yes, I would encourage anyone who is serious about losing weight to consider WLS. Of course, its a lot of mental work. But as they say, the only way to eat a cow is one bite at a time. LOL

Todays menu:

20 ounces decaf coffee

Breakfast: 6 tb of egg beaters mixed with 2 oz of chicken and a tablespoon of zucchini 125 calories -21 grams protein

Lunch? Not sure yet but maybe a cheese stck with 2 ounces of turkey breast trader joes very thin cut

Snack: unsure

Dinner: Have stewing beef in natural gravy which is baby butter soft and a few tbs of califlower mashed

Evening snack: ff greek plain with splenda and cinnamon.

Less than 600 calories, 70 plus grams of protein and less than 10 carbs

64 ounces crystal lite

Babs in GA

HW 348 Revision SW 224 GW 165 CW 148

Revision from sleeve to RNY

Pre op: -5 M1-12 lbs M2 11 lb M3-5lb M4 -9lb M5 -2 M6-6 M7-7 M8 -4 M9-5 M10 -2 M11 -2

200 lbs lost and 17 pounds below goal !

NYMom222
on 8/12/17 7:15 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hello menu peeps!

I have a bridal shower today for a very good friend's daughter. It will be a catered taco bar from a very good Mexican restaurant. Not as worried about that as I am about the Hershey kisses shrewd like confetti on the tables. I helped her set up last night. It's those little things that can get you.

QOTD: I was just speaking last night with someone who is struggling with the decision of weight loss surgery. Life never stops happening, but so many things are easier when you're not morbidly obese's. I thought about this recently with my car accident last year. I would've still had the car accident. But having surgery on my shoulder and recovering would've been so much more difficult than it was if I was still morbidly obese.

B: coffee latte with miralax/mct oil

LL: taco salad

S: protein bar

D: zoodles and chicken

S: yogurt and blueberry compote

ex: maybe pool

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active