Hunger pains

seattledeb
on 1/15/18 6:01 pm

Early on I was hungry all the time. It never went away. Someone posted on here something that has saved me over and over again.

Hunger is not an emergency.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/18 9:50 pm

Oh for sure, I know it's not an emergency, it's just really frustrating. I know everyone is different I just didn't expect to feel hungry like this or at least not so often ... but could be my body adjusting. Once I am able to eat more at meal times my dietician said it should help with satiety... so hoping for that lol

seattledeb
on 1/15/18 10:54 pm

Solid protein will help.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/18 6:51 am

So would I be okay without veggies for now? The only meat I seem to be okay with is chicken. I tried salmon the other night but it came right back up, I'm assuming because it may have been to dry, my dietician told me dry meats can cause dumping syndrome. I have had beef but I'm trying to stay away from it as it contains quite a bit of sodium! I also have Greek yogurt for snacks or a piece of cheese and I usually have eggs every day or a smoothie in the morning. Someone also mentioned to me that soups are a good go to right now!

MarinaGirl
on 1/16/18 8:44 am, edited 1/16/18 12:54 am

Dry meat does not typically cause dumping syndrome. It can cause dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), which is a different issue. Your dietician is not giving you accurate info on this topic.

Here's an interesting article from the Mayo Clini******ping:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dumping-syndr ome/symptoms-causes/syc-20371915

Eating too fast, not chewing food well, or dry meats might lead to "foamies" which is something different.

seattledeb
on 1/16/18 2:41 pm

I'm still don't eat top many vegetables!

I had a hard time advancing my diet as well. It will get better.

Something else that's sad about bypass world is so many nutritionist give bad advice.

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/18 9:45 pm, edited 1/16/18 1:46 pm

From the sounds of things, I?m beginning to realiZe that! You would think the nutrition guide line and what not, would be pretty universal but I guess not! I stuck to solid proteins today and it actually helped quite a bit with the pains, so thank you for your advice!

seattledeb
on 1/16/18 10:30 pm

This won't be the last hurdle. Can't get answers if your not here to ask them.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/16/18 5:54 am

You have gotten excellent advice already.

Dieticians and nutritionists often are not post ops, so they give us terrible diet advice based on what they think should work according to the food pyramid.

The most successful people here eat protein, then maybe a little non starchy vegetable. If we were non ops, a little grain wouldn't be that big of a deal. But for us, a little grain can lead to fluctuating blood sugar and feeling hungry.

At your stage, I only at protein, no veg--I didn't have room. Also no breads or grains, since those have always been hard for me to moderate.

One last thing: tone on the internet. It is hard to read. I guarantee all the long term folks who commented here only want to help you and see you suceed.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/18 6:18 am

Yes, I appreciate everyone's help! I have been trying me best to follow my dieticians advice but since majority say protein only right now, I am going to avoid grains for awhile and who know, maybe that's exactly what my issue was!

I have appreciated everyone's help, I truly don't see where I have offended anyone besides the one reply that I felt was a tad unnecessary. So again, I apologize to those who may be taking what I say out of context because being rude was definitely not my intention. It is a frustrating journey (I knew it would be) but more so I guess because everyone is so different so if everyone was the same it would make it a lot easier. I'm also a newbie to this, I'm 6 weeks out, I still have a lot of learning and work to do, I get that!

Most Active
Recent Topics