What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

KatieCJ
on 3/18/18 9:37 am

QOTD: I just started reading Rosie's Project and I'm going to try out the new Shonda shows: Station 19 and People's Court.

I'm 3 weeks post op on Tuesday.

B: Skyr Icelandik Yogurt

S: Chocolate Premier Protein Drink

L: 1 egg

S: Soup either tomato or turkey.

I will reach my protein goal of 60-70g and drink at least 64oz of water. Oh, and take all my vitamins.

• Surgery (RNY): February 27th 2018. HW: 350lbs SW: 318lbs CW: 141lbs
Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/18/18 10:13 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's For the People isn't it? I am planning on checking out both too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

KatieCJ
on 3/18/18 10:18 am

Yes! I got the title wrong.

• Surgery (RNY): February 27th 2018. HW: 350lbs SW: 318lbs CW: 141lbs
Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/18/18 10:17 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! We went to an art show this morning and I bought a work by a friend of ours which I really love. This afternoon I think we are going to the pool, then maybe out to dinner for a final birthday celebration.

QOTD: I am re-reading Harry Potter in preparation for a trip to Hogwartz at Universal in two weeks. Still a very entertaining read!

1 year, 11.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Possibly Shrimp

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Au_Contraire
on 3/18/18 11:32 am

Morning all! Happy Sunday!

I'm taking care of the most adorable black lab today for a neighbor who went skiing. It's fun to have a canine companion to walk with!

Going to church today too. I am far from the most regular attendee, but enjoy it when I go.

I got my super long hair cut and highlighted, and the hairdresser cut it about 4" shorter than I specified. It will grow - my hair grows fast - but why is that such a common experience? It was expensive, and honestly I am not very happy with what she did. But again, it will grow.

Speaking of hair, I have been using the Living Proof line of no-frizz hair products for quite a while now. I never before believed there was much difference between drugstore/supermarket shampoos and conditionerc, etc. and salon type product lines (except for price and marketing), but I am a convert! This stuff has made a very nice difference (significantly softer and smoother) in the texture of my hair! I just wi**** wasn't quite so costly. Here's something strange: I washed my hair the other day and let it air dry. When i went into the bathroom to style it later, i was surprised to see it had dried into a complete head of long, very defined ringlets! My hair was straight when I was a kid, then became wavy (and frizzy in humidity) when I was a teen. It's been that way since then. I can scrunch it when it's drying into more distinct, loose curly/beachy waves, but that head of full-on red ringlets was a first for me! Odd, huh? I wonder if it has to do with the water up here.

Also, good news for me: At 9 months post-op, my hair has definitely stopped falling out! Though I think I lost about half of my hair based on how thin it now looks when gathered into a braid or ponytail (thank God it started out very thick), I believe I am past the oh-no-I'm-balding phase. Very little comes out now when I wash or bru**** plus the crown of my head has a shining little nimbus of new baby hairs. So I'm regrowing my hair at last!I

Last night's dinner was fun. Gorgeous coastal views from that club! People were very warm and welcoming. I sat next to a lady who it turned out grew up in the town adjacent to mine, 3,000 miles away! That was cool! I had some of the corned beef and cabbage, and avoided the rest. It was good.

QOTD: I'm reading The Emigrants, by Vilhelm Moberg. It's part of a series, beautifully written and with wonderful character development, which describes life in Sweden during the mid-1800s, and shows clearly why fully 1/4 of Swedes left their homeland to journey to, and settle in, America. I think this describes the immigrant experience very well, and applies even today to those who feel compelled to leave behind all that is dear, in search of a better and safer life. My own immigrant parents were from Central Europe rather than Scandinavia. Perhaps in part because I am first generation here, I feel protective of those who uproot so dramatically in search of a better life, away from war and famine.

First: tea with cashew milk, 19 oz. - I will have at least 5 mugs today.

B: roast beef, smoked gouda

L: roast beef, a little Hot & Sour soup

D: ham, green beans

Have a beautiful day!

peachpie
on 3/18/18 12:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hey everyone. Finally had a chance to sit down and catch up. Did my run, I'm getting closer to 7 miles now. I'm toying with going for an evening run so I can triple my calorie burn for the day and Then grocery shopping, tossed dinner in the crock pot and am relaxing it before I clean the bathroom.

Qotd: what I'm watching: The Mindy Project is annoyingly cute. Grownish is good insight for this parent who will have a college aged teen soon. Seven seconds was binge watch material.

209 today, 2.10 years out

m1:egg, egg white, turkey sausage, pancake

m2: my son's leftover sesame chicken, 3 pineapple slices

m3: ribs, mashed sweet potato

m4: maybe, maybe not

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Au_Contraire
on 3/18/18 2:29 pm

7 miles (almost) is fantastic!

karenp8
on 3/18/18 1:40 pm - Brighton, IL

Late post today as I now have internet since we just got back to the church camp. We went to New Orleans for the weekend and did the jazz museum and the WWII museum. I'll add pictures of what I saw out tne camper window Friday night when we stayed at a campground on Lake Ponchatrain. Bourbon Street is disgusting and I have zero desire to ever go there again--it smells like trash and vomit as far as I'm concerned. Post op 5 years 6 months and weight good at 118. Lily and I have been getting our walk in every day plus Monday through Thursday I burn extra calories working. We've been clearing trails and dragging brush to piles. QOTD I just started watching a new show For The People--it seems like it should be good. Pictures to follow.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/19/18 4:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I love these pictures. I was on Bourbon street once too and I don't feel any desire to return there, though though the jazz in New Orleans in other venues was great!

Chelsyrae
on 3/18/18 4:05 pm

4 days post op!

B protein drink

L broth with skim milk powder

S protein drink

D broth with skim milk powder

S yogurt fat free no sugar

Sip walk sip walk

Hoping one day eating will happen again hahah but enjoying not feeling hungry!

Most Active
Recent Topics