Realistic expectations

Queen JB
on 5/7/18 2:31 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Come check out our daily menu post and really read what people are eating at different stages. You can post what you are eating, and feel free to ask people questions--we are all there every day to give ourselves accountability, but also to help out people at different stages. Please join us!

One of the regular posters (Emiepie) often makes an egg salad that is made from hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, bacon bits and bagel spice. It's delish and most of of have tried it and love it! I've also tried mixing hard boiled eggs with avocado. It's different but yummy.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CRS
on 5/7/18 5:39 am

I'll have to try my tuna like that. Is the bagel spice like an everything bagel? Thanks

Partlypollyanna
on 5/7/18 5:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'll be three months on Wednesday and I've lost 52.3 lbs and I'm not a revision (I've heard revisions may lose slower) so I guess if 51lbs is less than you were expecting, I'd ask what your expectation was?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

CRS
on 5/7/18 10:23 am

I understand. But did you feel like you had to battle and fight for every pound you lost?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/7/18 11:00 am, edited 5/7/18 4:01 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Outside of the first week of nothing but gatoraid, I feel like it?s work every day: work to make good choices; work to follow the rules; work to get th exercise in; work to keep in mind that even if I feel like I should be further along/lower weight this is where I am and I have a lifetime of work ahead of me...but I will likely have a longer life by doing this work vs the work that being obese takes. It is hard being heavy, it?s hard getting (and staying) a healthy weight. There?s no magic, unfortunately!

*edited because lingering life and longer life are not really the same thing!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

sweetpotato1959
on 5/7/18 12:09 pm

I would suggest to cut all canola oil products. Canola is pressed from rape seed and was developed to make cows fat.

I would suggest coconut oil( it takes 1/3 portions to do the same as other oils, Literally 2-3 drops,(less than 1/4 teaspoon) to coat a skillet and fry/poach an egg. (the coconut oil keeps from sticking and water is medium I cook in).

There are low fat mayo's out...and was all i could use for many years.cutting the amount I use of those products saves my diet plan and my pocketbook.If i am doing a recipe for the entire family. consider reducing the amount to 1/3 what you would normally add.mix well check consistency.. I remove my portion, before adding anything i could have an intolerance to.(cheese is an issue for me)

My hubby had bad cholestrol and triglyceride issues until we started keping and using Sun Butter.

The recipe for it is one half pound of real butter, cut in small peices. put in 16 oz jar. add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and fill to 14 oz mark with Sunfower oil.. let come t o room temp and blend well. use for all cooking and seasoning. Need will be greatly reduced, from normal.

Hubby uses it on toast as a snack with night meds. The sunflower oil has same fatty acids as walnut oil and is considered heart healthy. Coconut oil is the only four chain fat and crosses the blood brain barrier nourishing your brain.It took his triglycerides about 4 months to rebalance.

Dry food does not go down well for me either... gets stuck, sits heavy. keeping meats tender and moist is the key.

Queen JB
on 5/1/18 11:55 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi, Another Band to Bypass revision here to chime in... Welcome!

First, it's not your imagination. Revisioners often do lose slower than our counterparts. I was told by my practice that apparently it has nothing to do with the surgery and more to do with the shock to your metabolism that you already had when you had surgery #1 and lost a lot of weight. But slow doesn't mean it won't come off! Is your weight back up as high as it was before your first surgery? A lower start weight can make a difference is losing slower, too. "lightweights" who have surgery under a 40 BMI are also way likely to lose more slowly. So sometimes these factors can be a perfect storm for revisioners to have the slowest weight loss possible.

Second, you are correct, you simply cannot gain weight at 750 calories! So make sure you pull the food scale out and track every morsel into a tracking system like myfitnesspal.com. Even that innocent spoonful of peanut butter when no one is looking has to be tracked, otherwise you will be fooling yourself.

Third, are you following the rules about not drinking with meals? It makes a huge difference to let the food sit in your pouch before flushing it through. It takes me a few minutes to really feel full.

Fourth, if you are really experiencing gnawing hunger, you may be dealing with "silent GERD". Acid reflux doesn't always come with noticeable heartburn symptoms. Sometimes its just a deep belly growl that mimics hunger. And sometimes a sore or lump in the throat feeling. Are you still taking a PPI? It might be worth a call to the doctor to see about a prescription.

Last, don't forget that "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". That goes for what you eat and how much you eat. Yep, maybe you can eat a half a pizza without hurting, but don't test it and find out! Keep going with the 3 oz bowl of chicken and stop. Let it rest and go back in 2 hours for another 3 oz.

Good luck with everything and stick around OH--lots of awesome people are here to help!

CRS
on 5/6/18 8:55 pm

Thank you very much. Lots of good advice and information I need to know. I really appreciate your support. I guess I have a lot of those factors going on. But I have been really trying to up the exercise. And that's not easy for me LOL

Queen JB
on 5/7/18 2:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Exercise is a great habit to get into early on, and I encourage it, but 99.9% of your weight loss will come from food choices right now. You cannot exercise off enough calories to really make a big difference--pay more attention to how many calories you take in. That is where you can make a big difference in your weight.

Kathyjs
on 5/1/18 12:44 pm

I am over 14 years out and no way can I eat 11 oz. You are searching for that restriction feeling and with RNY if you feel that, you have eaten too much. I had a friend that literally blew his pouch open and died. Good luck

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 431 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 447 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 365 views