Welcome to Sunday, Menuers!

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/23/23 1:04 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Happy Sunday, menu crew!

I'm up researching recipes for this week's meal prep. I've also been reading about exploding glass bakeware and it's on the list of things that make me go, "hmm" because I use mine a ton!

QOTD- What do you want to be when you grow up? I still don't know but it would be in the broad realm of what I do now. I like working for the good of people (or animals!) in some form or fashion, preferably in the background. I'm the one who's happy to pack 500 meals at the food pantry or build a program to support people but I'd rather be behind the curtain, so to speak. Maybe that means I want to be Batman?

Today is grilling spiedies day for me! I'm excited since I haven't grilled with charcoal since about 2010 and back then it was as simple as lighting charcoal and then cooking food. We also used to do silver turtles when camping by throwing foil packets of chow pretty much in the fire. Why does it seem more like science now? This is in remembrance of my dear, departed uncle and I'll sit and contemplate the fleeting nature of our mortality during dinner, partly because I also just learned that my mother's knee surgeon died in his sleep at 36 this week. Life is short.

I spent part of yesterday prepping my deck by prying gravel out of the cracks. This morning I'll see about stripping and cleaning the old paint and adding some more screws. We're not supposed to be due for rain but that doesn't seem to stop it! I also should have measured before buying the sealant, so this will be an adventure!

Accountability- Got a jalapeño cheddar kolache at the donut shop. Had about a bite of the bread. I also made a no-knead green chile and cheddar loaf in my Dutch oven yesterday. It's so darned good. And way too big.

Exercise - More bodyweight exercise. The fact that this still makes my muscles sore says something.

Menu- Pork loin with mushroom sauce, part of a banana, matzo ball soup with Cornish game hen and some of the bread, boiled eggs, grilled chicken spiedies, leftover taco meat with a bit of rice I got from work. Backup plan if something doesn't work out is deli turkey on toast with cheese.

Have a super Sunday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 7/23/23 3:19 am - Warren, OH

I am still cooking with the Corningware that I received as a wedding shower present in 1969. I use in the oven and on top of the stove and it has not exploded yet.

I wanted to work in an office as a secretary. I took secretarial courses in high school and went to work in various offices after graduated. I wanted to be a hair stylist. I went to beauty school at night, got my license and had a beauty shop for about twenty years.

I wanted to be a computer programmer. I went to college part-time, got my degree at age 36 and was hired as a programmer. I did that for 25 years. I wanted to be an income tax preparer. I studied the IRS website, passed the Enrolled Agent's exam and started that new career at age 69.

I am still debating on what I might want to do next time I grow up. I would love to be an interior decorator and would specialize in home organization. I think I would put together an app and support group for people who are stressed out in clutter.

At one point I explored having a business where I would help people who had weight loss surgery to make the most of their new body by learning about exercise, flattering hair and makeup, best ways to dress, skin care, losing regain, plastic surgery and emotional support. I could have helped with some of those things but would have needed a lot of education and training to deal with the emotional issues I would encounter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/23/23 4:09 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I love your history and thoughts on what's next in life. You're the epitome of lifelong learner.

Also, I firmly believe that just about everything manufactured after 1990 was made to break in order to sell more stuff. Everything I have that's generational is doing just fine. A baking sheet I bought recently rusted as soon as I washed it. How else will companies make money?

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 7/23/23 4:45 pm, edited 7/23/23 9:45 am - Warren, OH

Planned obsolescence does make more money for companies. When Intel started manufacturing computer chips, their goal was to have a new and better model every six months. Even if the older model is perfectly good, people will buy the newer one. The concept pretty much ruined the US auto industry in the 1980's. The 1980's goal was for cars to rust out or wear out every two years. Foreign automakers came in and took away a lot of that business.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

NYDiva
on 7/29/23 5:07 am

They sure did .

When i read that American auto makers tested cars to run for 60,000 miles and Japanese ones for three hundred thousand which one do U think I chose?

Even though the early ones fishtailed all the time. Extremely scary.

NYDiva
on 7/29/23 5:03 am

I like this very much.

Your ambition to help peeple who've received weight loss surgery is just wonderful.

Yes peeple need guidance and ( mostly) love

. We have the experience. Hopefully we also have the sympathy and caring.

Personally I don't know where i fall between loving everyone ( which i do ) and triage ... R they helping themselves R they trying?

Melody P.
on 7/23/23 4:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

well I made the pies successfully! The coconut is the best but they'll both be pretty darn tasty for everyone. Today I have a lot to do. I didn't vacuum yesterday so that'll be on deck this morning. Then I have to cook a lot of stuff. Rice, stir fry, sesame and orange chicken. I also need to air fry the shrimp rolls my mom likes. Since there will be a vat of oil my mom wanted some "chips" that are made out of egg roll wrappers. I will have some crock pot chicken thighs cooked in a sesame sauce and a tiny bit of rice.

I see my surgeon tomorrow and I'm not sure what'll come of it. I think I'm doing a lot better. Not perfect but night and day compared to a few weeks ago. I am thinking of asking to be taken off Ozempic. It is upsetting me a great deal the few days after I take it. It's not healing a great deal with blood sugars either. I think I need to be on a more regimented insulin. Maybe a long acting one. I need to get these numbers to doing better. I know I can do it.

We sent out a letter to our narcotics unit and to the probation department about the ****ty neighbors. My mom has been really mad at me and blaming me for not doing more for her. Pretty upsetting for me. She's yelled at me and I hate yelling. I've cried a lot over it. I can't do anything perfect enough. If I did what she said I should do she'd yell at me for that too. It's a no win situation. I know she's changed since her mini stroke but it doesn't make it easier.

QOTD: I always wanted to be a history professor. Preferably north, central and south American history. I love it all though. I really wish I had not had the mental health issues I had and of course my cruddy health. But it is what it is. I was able to take care of my grandparents until they passed and I do not regret doing that at all.

Food is pretty unknown except for lunch. I'll probably have leftovers for dinner. I will have a shrimp roll though...they are mini ones and one of my favorite things. I may have a small piece of the coconut pie with whipped cream.

sorry for the book and I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

catwoman7
on 7/23/23 6:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

Last night some friends and I were planning to go to "Opera in the Park" after wine & appetizers at one of their houses. Well, "Opera in the Park" was cancelled at the last minute due to rain, so we just stayed at her house and ate more food and drank more wine. It was great - but I ended up eating a lot more calories than I'd planned or needed (including about 3 oz of cheese), so I'm feeling like bloat city this morning. But instead of being mad at myself (my usual response), I'm just letting it go. Events come up - I may end up going off plan for a night - but I just need get right back on it the next morning. Happens to "normies", too. As long as these things aren't happening every week, I'll survive.

we were planning to wash the kitchen floor last night and wax it this morning, but I ended up falling asleep at 10:00, so we'll have to do both today. Fine - I have to finish watching one movie for film group #1, and watch another movie for film group #2 (both groups are meeting this week), plus continue to get caught up on classes, so I can do that during the times the floor is drying (from the washing and then between the two coats of wax), So that's pretty much my day.

QOTD: I've already had three major careers (IT, college student services (financial aid, career advising, and housing), and librarianship), but if I was looking for something now, I'd want to do investigative genetic genealogy to help law enforcement solve long cold cases. I'm continually amazed at what they can do now if they have some DNA from the crime scene - even if the crime was committed decades ago.

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chocolate "mousse" with raspberries

AS: protein muffin or Ratio yogurt

D: 1/2 chik'n pattie on a bun with a tomato slice, bagged salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NYDiva
on 7/29/23 5:26 am

Its a hundred and five degrees here today ... and yesterday and tomorrow it'll be even hotter. Is this climate change ?

Everyone I know is telling M 2 come 2 the beach... jes get in the water .

Id appreciate the caring if they weren't asking m what color and how big my nipples R . Well i have like hundred bikinis lets wear some . I enjoy swimming.

I randomly encountered a grrlfriend from a thousand years ago yesterday. She literally looked eighty years old . No wonder she hates m. I asked her for coffee she said no ... yep it hurt. We supposedly had a close friendship for years.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 253 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 53 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?