What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/7/24 2:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

^^This one is for Sheila!^^

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! Oof, I think I ate the maximum amount of calories allowed by law yesterday. I went into Trader Joe's with a full wallet and an empty stomach--a recipe for disaster. I bought a few things that were on the no-no list, but my biggest problem was that I never bothered to make a plan, so I just kept eating like a freaking goldfish all day and night. My GERD has reared its ugly head again, and it's giving me that gnawing hunger feeling again. I need to get it under control with meds and, until then, I need to make a plan and stick to it!

Speaking of eating like goldfish, our cats were pretty hysterical yesterday. Grim and I were both out running separate errands in the morning. I came home first and noticed that both cats seemed so happy to see me! Grim came home an hour later and they pestered him for love, too. They were following both of us around and sitting on our laps, purring for hours. So much love! Then Fez (the bossy one) started literally slapping me across the face with his little paw, and we realized they don't love us--their automatic dry feeder was empty and they were just trying to get our attention. Once we filled it, they were back to their normal aloof selves. Sigh.

QOTD: You are on death row and get to choose your last meal (unlimited funds). What are you getting? I know I should probably be fancier, but I think I would pick a really good dish of shrimp Pad Thai, a warm chocolate chip cookie, and a glass of Sancere.

• Protein coffee
  • scrambled egg
  • egg white salad sammy
  • babybel cheese & orange
  • 1/2 black bean quesadilla
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/24 2:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy halfway point! Wednesday's are a good day.

My meeting schedule this week is just out of control but halfway to the end of it! Part of it is trying to get a lot of things rolling or done this week before I get into the limited business day overlap next week. Time zones, we should all just pick one and share it.

Nice visit with my friends last night, the rebuilt house is a really great use of the available space and my friend and her mom are so happy. Today is just work, workout and one errand after work plus I need to pack, or at least mentally list what I'm going to wear next week so I can easily pack it later. I also want to try a couple of the pickleball drills they gave us to practice.

qotd - Falco's pizza. Sausage and extra cheese. I'm a simple girl.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

skyr

left over pizza slice

cheese and salami

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 2/7/24 5:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Pizza for the win.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 2/7/24 3:00 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

No. Eww on the peer to peer review but I figure I'll learn today or tomorrow if it'll work. I'm still really pissed off though.

I also found out this morning that a very good friends grandson died recently. She just found out late last night. He was a drug addict and was also homeless by his own choice. He OD'd and it's just made me incredibly sad. I met him in 2009 when he was around 12...incredibly sweet kid.

We have to get a few things done today. Not sure what all but I know my mom wants to go to Sam's. I need to see if their bakery has tres leches cakes. I know they used too. That's what I want to get for my birthday. I won't be able to eat much of it but the rest of the family likes it and it's what I want. There is another grocery store here that makes good ones so we'll see. The Sam's one is only 17 bucks and over 25 the grocery store. All of it may be in vain as they say we might get a bit of snow.

I am not feeling well. Just kind of run down I guess. The pain is at record heights...I'm guessing to lots of stress. I actually broke out in hives a bit on my hands and upper shoulders but Benadryl nipped it in the butt. I'm plugging along though. I'm to stubborn to give in to it now. I was hoping my mom would have done the dishes but she didn't. The cabinet height is a little low for me and it hurts my back more sometimes. BUT I'll get it done here in about an hour,

QOTD: Either seafood pad Thai or seafood vegetable fried rice from a certain restaurant in town. Also a few of their shrimp rolls and a couple crab Rangoons It'd make me sick as heck but if I'm dying I might as well do it!

food today has been so far not great. I have been doing very well but slipped up with an Apple fritter. No more slip ups today I hope but not much is planned. I'll have a beef patty for lunch with ??? Prob a serving of potato chips if I'm being honest.

Percy( you don't see a lot of him because he is hard to photograph...he moves constantly! and a meme!

Grim_Traveller
on 2/7/24 3:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning peeps. Revenge just might be ice cream. If I eat much of it, I feel like I'm dying. I think I've only tried it every 2 or 3 years. But it bites me right on the butt.

Why is it cats love you if you don't give them food, and people love you when you give them food?

QOTD: I would have to go with a nice ribeye. But I think the last meal thing is mostly myth. Places that have the death penalty put a price limit, and some are as low as 10 bucks. Some states say it has to be something the prison cafeteria already makes. Because of the most recent execution method, that prisoner wasn't allowed a last meal at all. That's just mean.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 2/7/24 3:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

not much on the agenda today other than a pedicure later this morning. It's been a long time. DH will be getting home "early" tonight (c. 6:00 pm), so we'll head over to MIL's for a couple of hours. I think I'll just box up the things I don't know what to do with and bring them home. Some/most of it we're not going to donate anyway, so no deadlines (i.e. for tax purposes) on making a decision. I just want this whole project behind me. I'll probably do some reading for classes today, too.

QOTD: probably pizza. And it better be a damn good one!

coffee with half & half

chaffle with skyr and fruit (?)

protein shake if needed

celeriac soup and rye bread

Ratio yogurt with berries

hot and sour soup (if I'm motivated enough to make it...)

ex: I'd better take a walk. The Garmin keeps increasing how many steps I need to take...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/24 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

my fit bit is also a cruel master but very motivational. Since rowing doesn't generate steps, I use the activity minutes and I have a love-hate relationship with it.

Jen

Lisa91941
on 2/7/24 7:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Amy and I really feel this!!! We talk about it often. It doesn't feel like I am being rewarded enough for my efforts.

Amy Liz
on 2/7/24 7:34 am
RNY on 11/21/16

In my soul!! When I do something for 30 minutes, I want 30 minutes of credit, not 17.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/24 10:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Exactly! You should at a minimum get the 1 to 1 ratio and then you should be able to get more on top of it. 17 active minutes when you did 30 is bullsh*t

Jen

Most Active