What's on your Monday Menu?

Dcgirl
on 3/11/24 5:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Whew this time change has me all turned around! It was so dark this morning! (Stating the obvious, I know!)

This is a totally unfair question for me to answer since I live in Washington DC! We have some of the best museums in the world! Probably the most emotional museum visit I have ever experienced is Yad Vashem in Jerusalem.

I had a magnificent weekend away with friends and it involved lots of cooking and eating and drinking and laughing and hot tubbing and dancing in the kitchen. Now back to normal life (and the scale!) today.

B: hard boiled eggs mashed with cottage cheese

L: a half of a leftover sandwich

D: something with impossible meat.
Have a wonderful day, all!

Amy Liz
on 3/11/24 5:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ All set for a great week here, too. Lets do this! This weekend was really nice and a perfect mix of relaxing and kicking ass in the cleaning and chore department - well done. Looks like a light calendar week and we are wrapping up all the office maintenance work - one more small build to go and it will be done. I am so happy with my new staff group - they are an amazing fit. The last one comes on board by the end of this month - training/reorganizing all the jobs things, but then we will be golden.

QOTD - This made me think about all the Military museums, Forts and Battlefields I was dragged to as a kid. All up down the east coast - every single one and there are a ton. I hated it then, but I really wish I could see them all now w/ my dad.

Accountability - hum, I didn't eat the pizza the guys got last night - I made my own, but I did eat 2 cinnamon things made out of pizza dough that nearly killed me - hours of agony...omg. My 'this one meal or one thing will be fab and business as usual tomorrow' has me stalled. It's exactly how I want to live in maintenance, but I'm not there yet. I need to decide how long I want this to take - getting to goal. TCB Amy, TCB.

B- HB egg, cottage cheese

l - real good burrito

d- smoked chicken, black beans w/veggie in and on top and zero tortillas

s -small honey crisp apple and a clementine

823/86

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 3/11/24 5:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

With much exertion from our head trainer, I got through 8 full rounds of 24.2. My goal was 7 rounds, but towards the end he said that if I rowed at a 2:00 500 meter pace that I could get 8, and I did. Generally, I kept moving without a break, and just tried to get a breath in getting on and off the rower. I did all of the Deadlifts unbroken and tried to row consistently at a 2:15 pace. Jump rope was mostly unbroken with a couple of missed attempts. Friday is the last workout and then another year is in the books.

Our visit with my younger son is off to a slow start. His allergies started acting up on Friday and are really bothering him. So, we picked him up Saturday afternoon, went to two restaurants that both had 45 minute waits, came home and ordered him takeout. Then he went upstairs to lie down. We know that he is home because we put away his cans and bottles in the morning. Hopefully, he starts feeling better this week, and we get some time together.

Other than that, we streamed season 1 of Happy Valley and the tennis tournament and I made a couple of gym trips.

QOTD: There are a lot that I like, but I am going to go with baseball Hall of Fame. Its been awhile since I've been.

Breakfast: Fritatta

Lunch: Catered

Dinner: Sausage and spaghetti

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 3/11/24 5:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I had a good weekend with kind of a spur of the moment trip. Em and I took a day trip on Saturday. We went to Big Sur, beautiful ocean/mountain views and just chatting while driving is something I think we both needed. Yesterday John and I went to Outback for a nice lunch as an additional anniversary celebration. Now to start a new work week, let's go!

QOTD: I haven't been to many, but I did enjoy the Presidential/Reagan Library that we went to a few years ago.

TSS: 9 years 6 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Shredded beef, zero carb tortillas, cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1377 Protein:114 Carbs:132 Fat:49

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 3/11/24 6:28 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Sounds like a great weekend.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 5:50 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Quick post and run. Great weekend in DC with DD. We did it all. Walked all over, did some sight seeing- even with the rain and strong winds, book stores visits, delicious meals and great company. I am always and constantly impressed with her friends and the young women they have become. They are all grown up, from college years, buying homes, changing careers, changing cities without missing a beat or losing their friendships. Last night at dinner I couldn't stop beaming at all of them, like they are all my daughters.

I suffered the worst cold weather yesterday during our walk around the city. Before leaving I looked outside and saw bright sunshiny day. I had a very thick sweater on that I had brought just for the east coast. So I thought I'd be good with just the sweater and a tshirt underneath. Holy moly was I wrong. The wind almost blew ME away. It was like the cold was trying to find all the holes in my sweater to attack my skin. I could have borrowed a jacket from DD but by the time I realized my mistake we were far from home. Fun time was had no matter. We were hoping to see the cherry blossoms but with the rain on Sat and the wind on Sun there was none.

QOTD: i would live in DC for all their museums. Love love all of them and would not get tired of revisiting them over and over. The Holocaust museum has a special place in my heart. Hard to see but so worth it.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Grilled cheese with chorizo (have you ever tried grilled cheese without eating the bread? It's a mess)
  • Various chocolates and cookies
  • Chicken adobo, ube pudding bread
  • E: 8-9 miles walk

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 3/11/24 6:32 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I haven't tried eating a grilled cheese sandwich without eating the bread. But I have grilled cheese in a frying pan, without bread. It's delicious. In days of yore they sold multilayer metal dishes with a burner at the bottom for making toasted cheese. Totally yummy.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The place is called grilled cheese DC, that's their specialty. Kids call it GCDC and it's a college hangout. I can see the appeal for them and it was good for me to try it once, even with the mess.
I love toasted cheese.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 3/11/24 9:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

The last time we were in New York, there was a grilled cheese chain that we really liked. Now I can't think of the name.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/11/24 9:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I love this it's grilled cheese with just the cheese

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics