What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/8/24 2:16 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yesterday was just a very nice day from start to finish! First, it was a top 5 perfect weather day - sunny and 68. I also had a great meeting with the big big big boss. Yay! I am so relieved. Neither of the trains took my tickets, so I got free rides in and out, saving myself $20. And for the final good news, the meeting I was supposed to go into the office for today was canceled so I get a surprise WFH day today! Was it the caffeine that made the day so perfect? Probably.

In less fun news, I have this new terrible game that I play with myself every day. "I've lost my voice and have a sore throat--is the reason allergies, GERD, or a cold?" No one knows. I rarely have a full voice anymore. I wish I knew why.

Today I will try various techniques to try to get my fat ass up off the ground. Thank you for the inspiration.

QOTD: What are you good at but never want to do anymore? Being a manager. This is the first job I have had in FOREVER where I am not directly managing a team and I love it. I know I am a fantastic manager, but this is nice. In a few months, I am getting one direct report again. But just one, so that's nice.

Little bites:

• protein sad decaf :(
  • 1/2 egg & turkey sausage wrap
  • ground turkey taco
  • hummus and crackers

Photos are actually uploading today so I thought I would add a pic of a pretty tulip in our front yard :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/24 2:33 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I thought you've just been practicing your sexy voice. I didn't think it was the gerd.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/24 2:52 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. It's supposed to rain today, so I'm hoping to do my exercises and have a shop day. Nothing really exciting here.

QOTD: Well, I'm never ever working at UPS again. In fairness, they probably feel the same way. I've put a roof on a house, but it's not on my list of favorite things. 6 or 7 years ago I dug 8 holes in a basement floor, carried eighty-four 80 pound bags of concrete down the cellar stairs, then mixed and poured them for new footings. I don't feel an overwhelming urge to do that again.

I don't knit or crochet. I kinda wish I did, so I could own some of these.

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ladygodiva1228
on 5/8/24 6:04 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

OMG I need to get me one of those. I like the second one looks like it would hold more yarn.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Sheila_H
on 5/8/24 7:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I had seen these yarn holders and I almost got one, but the fact that the yarn comes out of his nose gives me the ick! So I went with a regular yarn holder bowl. They are very useful.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 5/8/24 3:06 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning Queen! Ugh what could be squaring the hoarse voice?? Is the "day of doctors" coming soon? I'm glad you had such an amazing day yesterday! That sounds like winning all around!

I've been lurking recently since I was out of town and meals were all over the place. I'm happy to be home for two weeks so I can manage my diet.

By the by, I've just listened to such an insightful (and long, but don't let that scare you!) podcast. The podcast is called Acquired and it's the episode on Novo Nordisk (Ozempic). Truly fascinating.

Q: Ok I am giggling at Grim's response! I wouldn't want to Do the basement project either . Do you know what I will NEVER do again (god willing, that I remain employed)? MOVE MYSELF. All the times I had to pack and move and load and lift and unload and carry all of my belongings to a new apartment...let's just say I am endlessly thankful I can do the packing and pay some strong men with handcarts and a truck to do the heavy lifting!

Im having DH grill a bunch of stuff today so my small meals will include: turkey tacos (twinning!), chicken thighs, salmon.

No gym - my gym is closed for renovation - it's doubling in size which is so exciting!!! Have a fab day!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/24 4:43 am
RNY on 08/21/12

My future moving plans are pretty simple. A. Win the lottery and just get all new stuff. B. Wait until I'm all corpsified, then someone will have to carry ME out.

6'3" tall, male.

Melody P.
on 5/8/24 3:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! QJB, so sorry about the voice but glad you had a great day! I am having an issue with GERD and what am I doing? Having a second cup of coffee...LOL

Yesterday was a bummer. I have to have another oral surgery done Monday afternoon. They'll cut my gums open and reshape the bone. What I thought was a tooth fragment is actually the jaw bone sticking out. More money but at least not as much as I thought it'd be. I am not a happy camper but it is what it is. I have also started getting hives on my face around the bottom of my jaw line. At least I assume they are hives. They are red welts that itch like crazy.

Not a lot planned for the day. My mom needs to go buy a couple bags of landscaping rocks to finish a project. I need to figure out some better food options as I'll be on soft stuff for quite a bit longer now(such a bummer for me).

QOTD: I'm really good at knitting, esp cable knitting. But I hate doing it...with a seething passion. Crochet is a runner up.

PP pancakes, eggs and cheese today.

Mkess
on 5/8/24 5:06 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

Stupid OH and their website incompetence. I had issues loading yesterday again. I saw QJB post about successful picture posting but, today, I can't post pics. It falls in my technology fail category. I'd like to say look at Reddit to see how they successfully accommodate posting and pictures on threads. However, they can actually look all the way back to the old bulletin board services in the early '90s, who figured out how to do it. Rant over.

I submitted an application for an apartment yesterday. It's a smaller apartment than I was thinking but it checks all of my most important boxes.

QOTD- Cold calling both in person and via phone. It's a miserable existence but I've been able to sell ice to Eskimos.

B: so good Coconut Yogurt, 1/2 bagel & lox.

L: BLT without bread.

D: salad with grilled chicken. Sauteed green beans.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Grim_Traveller
on 5/8/24 6:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Wouldn't a BLT without bread be a salad?

6'3" tall, male.

Most Active
Recent Topics