BOB (Band overbypass) - 4years Post-op

heathercross
on 6/28/15 4:39 pm, edited 6/28/15 4:47 pm - New York, NY

Wanted to say hello and check-in since I am not often on here.  I had my BOB 4 years ago on 6/23 and I know there are a lot of naysayers.  

• Has to been easy?  No. 
  • Would I do it again? Yes.  
  • Am I happy where I am now?  Yes.  
  • Will my band possibly have to be removed in the futured?  Probably.
  • Should I have had a DS instead?  No.
  • Should I have had a revision to my RNY? Yes.

Regardless of all the Yeses and Nos above, I am 44yrs old - 13 years post RNY, 4 years Post Band-over-Bypass (BOB) and I am very active, healthy, happy and looking good.  Have a good night.  

Ladytazz
on 6/29/15 6:08 pm

Hey, I'm all for anything that works and one thing I have learned is that not everything works for everyone.  There is no one size fits all WLS.

I know lots of banders who are thrilled with their tool.  I'm glad things are working out for you!

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

gal92626
on 7/1/15 6:48 pm - Santa Ana, CA

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this. I love the honesty and positivity! I also had the BOB and would do it again in a heartbeat. Out of the options I was presented with, it seemed to be the one that would last the longest and avoid more surgery. I am glad I did it. I have lost the 35 or so lbs. I regained and for the first time in my life am under 200 lbs. It may not be for everyone but it sure was the right decision for me.

God Bless you.

Most Active
Recent Topics