Update on revision

maggs10
on 2/25/17 4:20 am
RNY on 11/30/16

Well it looks like I don't need a revision just eat healthier.  hi everyone, I did get my gastroscopy done and the doctor did not find anything.  It is just my eating habits I guess.  I was hoping he would find something than I would have an excuse why I put the weight back on.  Anyway, I am going to start back to basics.  I am starting with liquids, shakes, etc.  and work my way up again.  The only problem is after I eat the puree food that is where I get stuck and don't know what to eat.  All my life I have been eating whatever I want and not liking vegetables and fruit is a problem.   I am trying to get in to see the dietician and get some help.  If anyone has any advice please let me know, thanks.  Next test is the one where you drink something and they take an x ray and see how it travels.  Well I am really depressed but I am determined to get this weight off thanks

Renee C.
on 2/25/17 8:51 am - Bellevue, WA
Revision on 02/01/17

I recommend the daily What's On Your Menu posts in the RNY forum to see what folks are eating.  Take some notes and try out some recipes.  

Did you have trouble with solids in your pouch, or was it a matter of eating higher calorie foods?  I would think that not liking a lot of fruits and veggies might not be too much of a problem at first if you are focused on getting in solid proteins.

Do you like deli meat and cheeses?

Roasted chicken or turkey?

Steak?  Pot roast?  Pulled pork? Bacon?

Ribs? Brisket? Smoked salmon? Poached cod?

Eggs? Boiled, scrambled, deviled, poached

There's a fun meat picture thread going on as well... :)

Good luck!!

Band removal & RNY Feb 1 2017

maggs10
on 2/25/17 10:21 am
RNY on 11/30/16

thanks Renee, I like all the food you mentioned.  I am going to start with puree food first.  If not to get back on track but maybe a cleansing.  I feel better starting over.  I lost a lot eating puree foods, like yogurt, cottage cheese, soups, jello, protein shakes and bars, cheese.   By the time I am finished with this stage I will probably have my appointment with the dietician.  thanks again.

karenp8
on 2/25/17 11:07 am - Brighton, IL

There really is no reason to start back on shakes and purees. After your original surgery you were able to feel full and lose weight with them because your stomach was swollen and trying to heal. Now those foods would slide right through your pouch and leave you feeling hungry quite quickly. Your best option would be to steer clear of pasta,potatoes,bread and starchy vegetables and fill up on whatever you can eat of meat and non starchy veggies like cauliflower or green beans or broccoli. Longterm we should not eat more than 1 cup of food per meal total. Most likely you can't eat that much meat though.  Fruits are basically just carbs and will keep you from losing the weight you want to lose.Also things like cottage cheese,yogurt and soups are carb heavy and slider foods which don't stay in your pouch for long,so if hunger is an issue for you,they will probably leave you wanting food soon. Measure and weighing every bite you eat is very important if you are trying to lose or even maintain your weight. Most here use an app like my fitness pal to journal calories and other stats daily. Also drinking at least 64 ounces of calories free beverages is important too. Stick around here and share your struggles and questions too. Support and accountability is key to success too. I'm sure you'll get other great suggestions too.

Most Active
Recent Topics