Gastric Bypass Revision w/ulcer

Chalace
on 12/5/17 1:29 pm

I had my original roux-en-y in 2007. For the last 5 years, I've had an ulcer that recurs over and over. I am in so much pain unless I have something in my stomach, which has lead to weight regain. I started at 520 pounds, for down to 220, and am back to 277. No surgeon that I've contacted will touch me. I'm miserable and need some help. Does anyone know a surgeon anywhere who might be willing to help? I have good insurance, and can pay. Thanks in advance.

NessaNicole845
on 12/13/17 6:17 am - Middletown, NY
VSG on 01/17/12

That sounds horrible, I am sorry you are going through this. I don't know of any surgeons, but I just wanted to send some well wishes your way.

I'm Changing my life for me, no one else!
Seminar weight: 488.5 current weight: 375 Goal Weight: 210

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/17 3:17 pm
Revision on 01/27/18

My insurance won't cover a revision, so I'm going self-pay to Mexico with Dr. Ortiz at A Lighter Me. I personally know at least 7 people who have used this surgeon, all with rave reviews. My cost is $7100...and once I finally decided to do it, it took me all of 3 days (today) to secure a surgery date for Jan 27, 2018. Scary-quick process,

animallover1247
on 1/2/18 7:53 pm

Can I ask you do you know what has caused your ulcer?Did you do anything to cause the ulcer or did it just appear on its own? I asked becasue I am getting ready to revise to bypass and scared to death of problems.

Most Active
Recent Topics