SC MEDICAID QUESTIONS...

CARROLL H.
on 2/18/10 5:53 am - Biloxi, MS
OK, there are LOTS of people out there that have questions about medicaid. I have medicaid and the process was SUPER EASY. I had NO ONE to help me along the way, so, I hope this helps you.

First off, YOU WILL HAVE to do the 6 month Dr. supervised diet.No matter WHAT BMI or CO MORBIDITY you have you will HAVE TO DO THIS. I know it SUCKS, but, it is the worst part, I PROMISE!  All my dr. did was weigh me, take my blood pressure, temp, chart what exercises and meal plans he had me on and that was IT! 

I live in Columbia and if any of you do, let me tell you, NONE of the Dr.s here will take Medicaid. I had to go to Spartanburg. It is 2 hrs away, but WELL WORTH IT! My Dr. is AWESOME and he takes medicaid and gets you RIGHT IN AND OUT! He treats you like a PERSON, not a piece of meat at a plant! He is very caring and very on the ball! I will list his info. below. It took me FOREVER calling everyone in SC to find a Dr. that took medicaid, so I hope this helps someone out there.

Also, you will have to have a psyc. evaluation, which, Medicaid paid 100% for and I will list that Dr. below as well. I can't tell you the AMOUNT of time I put into my journey, and wish I had this info before I started.

After my 6 month visit to my PCP I called Dr. Ross, the WLS Surgon then and they got me in the NEXT DAY for my visit with the Dr. .. he told me that MEDICAID requires what is called a EGD, it checks to see if you have a ulcer or stomach cancer. We did that the NEXT DAY and the reqults were back in 2 days. Also that week, I did my psyc. evaluation and that was ready to be sent to my surgon in 4 days. Once my results from my EGD were back, Dr. Ross office sent it to medicaid and I was approved 1 week to the day that they sent my letter!  They scheduled my gastric bypass 2 weeks later and I am very happy. 

If you have any questions please feel free to email me. [email protected]

Congrats on your journey!

SURGON:

DR PAUL ROSS - SPARTANBURG REGIONAL WEIGHT LOSS SERVICES
100 East Wood Street
Spartanburg SC 29303
864 560 7070

PSYC EVALUATION:

Dr Morthala
2171 Hwy. 1 South
Elgin, SC 29045
803 425 8498

hrtangel.jpg picture by carrollcharrison Height 5'7  HW:335# SW:320# my GOAL:130# 

sqerlygirl
on 2/28/10 12:44 pm
sqerlygirl
on 2/28/10 12:54 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 300 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3035 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3947 views