Dr. Chaudhary

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 6/19/10 6:42 am
If you're in upstate SC and considering weight loss surgery with Dr, Jeff Chaudhary at St. Francis Eastside, I can tell you it has been a completely positive experience.  The office staff is wonderful and supportive, and Dr. Chaudhary is awesome.  I had my Gastric Sleeve done on Wednesday.   It is Saturday.  I've had very little pain, no nausea, and I certainly don't feel like I've had major surgery,  I feel like I had excellent care at St. Francis Eastside and am very very happy with my experience.

Like the butterfly,  I have the strength and the hope to believe 
In time I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS

April G.
on 6/23/10 5:08 am - Greenville, SC
Good to know!  I went to the info class there and am just waiting til Medicare gets their act together and realizes that the sleeve is the best surgery!
working towards surgery

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 6/23/10 5:21 am
 I'm only a week out but I'm certainly happy with mine!  

One thought - after RNY you can never take NSAIDS.  Lots of people need that for arthritis - I believe some folks have gotten Medicare and other insurances to approve the Sleeve when their doctors were able to justify the ongoing need for NSAIDS which you can have with a Sleeve.  Just a thought.

Course it will be a few months before Medicare recognizes them as a Center of Excellence but by the time you got all the medical justifications, it might just be a short wait!

I have a lot of friends who arehappy with their bands and RNY's.  Most do have to deal with nausea,  That is one thing so far I've been spared - they gave me something in preop, and I haven't been green once, not even when I had to drink that yucky gastrograffin for the upper GI.  (And that wasn't as bad as I expected it to be either!)

April G.
on 6/23/10 6:02 am - Greenville, SC
have you gotten to the mushy stage yet?
working towards surgery

OnederlandHereICom
e

on 6/23/10 6:08 am
 Nope still on full liquids.  Next Wednesday hopefully he'll clear me to eat mushies.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 299 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3034 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3947 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4285 views