Self pay at Palmetto Baptist?

serenity1959
on 12/14/12 1:37 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Has anyone here done self pay at Palmetto Baptist?   If so, were you happy with the care?   What was the total cost of everything?

PynkEyeShadow
on 1/20/13 10:44 am
Rather than doing a self pay in the states, I suggest you go to Mexico. I did. It cost less than a third of what you'd pay here. VERY pleased with the results.
serenity1959
on 2/6/13 11:47 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I have actually been considering that.  However, what happens if I have surgery there and then complications when I get home?  That  is what scares me.  Who was your surgeon in Mexico?

lmetayer74
on 4/18/13 9:08 pm - SC

Have you called their office at the weight management clinic to ask about the cost? There are also loans you can take out as well if needs be my best friend had to take out a small bank loan to get her surgery! I'd be a bit leery about going to Mexico for surgery, I mean you do have to have follow ups for the rest of your life it is important to have a good doctor and close by but that's just my two cents.

serenity1959
on 5/12/13 3:31 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I did call them.   You have to get separate quotes.   Some from the hospital and one from the physician.   They don't make it friendly at all for self pay as some doctors do.   In any event, I cannot  afford them so will having my surgery August 5th with Dr. Aceves in Mexico.   For aftercare, I will use my PCP or my gyno.

lmetayer74
on 5/12/13 10:45 pm - SC

My friend had to do that method of paying to she had to pay the hospital their portion and then the doctor his portion as well she took out a loan to get what she needed. Well you do what you feel you need to you'll be in my prayers.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 295 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3030 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3942 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4280 views