Newbies

TNgal_Knoxville
on 8/30/11 12:45 am - Knoxville, TN
Hey Everyone I have noticed newbies in the group. Why don't you do a intro so we can get to know eachother? What surgery are you having? When? Where and such. Come on gang You
Can  Do IT!

May the wind always be at your back and the shinning sun be on your face.
Connie

rehabmac
on 10/5/11 11:22 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
I am brand new!  I live near Knoxille.  I am 45 yo, female, married, with 2 young sons, 9 and 13.  I just had RNY-GB surgery on 9/27.  I am still on liquids only.  I have had no problems at all other than what I call head hunger.  I hope there will be more replies!  Thanks, MAC

jhn
on 10/6/11 6:14 am - Soddy-Daisy, TN
Feel free to talk about whatever.I am almost 2 months out on the RNY. Wife and 2 boys, both grown.Just started on regular food this week. Still much eating just the 4 ounces per meal. It would be nice to talk to someone on this forum like you have stated.

rehabmac
on 10/6/11 7:50 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I'm still on the liquid diet.

At this moment, I am in my kitchen, cooking ground beef to make tacos for my sons.  The smell is intoxicating!  This is the first time I have cooked since pre-op.  Tough stuff, I tell you! 

Thanks for all replies!  Glad to know I'm not alone here!
preachermomma37
on 4/12/12 11:23 am - TN
 I am still preop. Looking forward to having the DS in the next 3-4 weeks. HW- 375, CW-359, GW-160. I'm in Mount Juliet, stay at home mom of an11 yrold girl and 4 yrold boy. And I homeschool. I have a fabulous supportive husband, who loves me no matter what.

jhn
on 4/14/12 1:34 am - Soddy-Daisy, TN
Good luck with upcoming surgery! I am in Soddy Daisy. Have reached my goal weight. Will have labs done and visit doctor next month to see how I am doin!

nurse55
on 4/14/12 2:23 pm
DS on 09/11/12
Hello, I live in middle Tennessee, 2 hours from Nashville. I am interested in having Dr. Houston do my DS also. I have been researching for about 2 years. How long have you been with Centennial??? I started with Vanderbilt and have all my testing done, even paid out of pocket for MD consult and psych consult, but they do not do the DS. Interested in how you decided on the DS and how long Centennial waithing list for surgery is??? Any help appreciated. So happy for you that you are so close.

preachermomma37
on 4/15/12 10:17 am - TN
 Dr. Houston is FABULOUS. I went to my seminar in August 2011. I began my 6 month required diet with the nutritionist through my doctor. The staff and everyone have been great to work with thus far. It seems from what I've seen that their follow-up care sets them way above the bar. There are only like 30 surgeons who do the DS and Dr. Houston is one of them. He is very serious about his work and is very good at it. That being said he does not take well to people neglecting his work, ie. not following the rules. I really like him and he is what I need in a surgeon. I hope this helps. Let me know when you are coming this way and we can meet.
Most Active
Recent Topics