Cigna/FedEx

KATHLEEN M.
on 2/14/04 10:01 am - MEMPHIS, tn
My insurance papers are going to be filed Monday. Does anyone work or know someone who works for FedEx and has Cigna and has had or has been approved for surgery? The program coordinator does not think I will have any problems because my BMI is so high but I am still concerned and I would like to know what experiences others have had.
rhonda B.
on 2/15/04 11:11 am - memphis, tn
Hi Kathleen, I have been approved with cigna and I do work for fedex. I will have surgery on 2/24/04. They wanted 2 yrs of medically supervised weigh loss dieting from me before I was approved. Hope that helps. Good Luck Rhonda
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/16/04 9:34 am - MEMPHIS, tn
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY!! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO GET AN ANSWER FROM CIGNA, I DON'T MEAN TO BE NOSEY, I'M JUST ON PINS AND NEEDLES. MY INSURANCE WAS FILED THIS MORNING SO I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED!
rhonda B.
on 2/16/04 10:41 am - memphis, tn
It took about three weeks to get approved. Just call the number on your card, the customer service people were really helpful to me. They can tell you when your papers reached cigna and if they are being reviewed. Good luck with your journeys to wls!!! We all should keep in touch!! Rhonda
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/16/04 7:59 pm - MEMPHIS, tn
THANKS! WE CERTAINLY SHOULD KEEP IN TOUCH!
babyblues68
on 2/16/04 12:44 am - Cordova, TN
Hi Kathleen, I've been wondering the same thing. My insurance is Cigna/Fedex open access. Cigna told me the same the poster said about diet history. I'm just so nervous if I get denied. So many people complain about Cigna yet some have had no problem. Seems like I hear more complaints though. I'm just in the 1st stages of filling out my paper work. It's sad we have to worry about insurance covering treatment for a medical epidimic. If you don't mind me asking what surgeon are you going with? Tammy
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/16/04 9:27 am - MEMPHIS, tn
I'M USING DR. VIRGINIA McGRATH-WEAVER AT ST. FRANCIS, I'M REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THEIR PROGRAM. MY INSURANCE PAPERS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE FILED TODAY, I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.
dlejeune
on 2/16/04 9:42 am - Cordova, TN
I am going with Dr. Weaver also and I think her program provides so much support. I know this is off topic since I have BCBS. But we are all in Memphis and going through this at about the same time so I wanted to chime in. I have researched this for a year and a half and had consults with Dr. Madan's office and Dr. Woodman and finally decided that this is the best program and provides the most complete package around and I can't wait to get a date! Good luck to everyone!
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/16/04 7:57 pm - MEMPHIS, tn
I WAS TOLD TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH DR WOODMAN BY A NUROSURGEON WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A CONGENITAL BACK PROBLEM BUT I DIDN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING THIS WITHOUT TALKING TO MY PCP, HE RECOMMENDED THE PROGRAM AT ST FRANCIS. I WENT TO ONE OF HER SEMINARS AND KNEW I HAD MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.
babyblues68
on 2/17/04 2:12 am - Cordova, TN
Kathleen, Keep us posted. I hope you get a quick turn around. Dr. McGrath-Weaver is who I just got my papers from. Did you have a letter from any of your other doctors? I was wondering if I should get one from my PCP even know we don't need referrals. Hey...maybe we'll all meet one day in group support at St. Francis. Keeping fingers crossed, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics