Monday WLS Express

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/4/11 6:51 pm - Burleson, TX

We need a smiley face, holding an umbrella...

ALL ABOARD !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/4/11 7:12 pm - Burleson, TX

Good morning, family, from cold, wet Johnson County. If each of you would care to donate a quarter to the "let's keep Gina home today telethon", it would be very much appreciated...okay peeps..I don't hear any phones ringing...crap..

So much for "carb loading" to help prevent muscle cramping, etc, etc. I can barely move this morning-am not even real sure I'll be able to dress myslf or bend to get into the car. Remember the old man character Tim Conway planned on the Carol Burnett show? You youngsters won't remember. anyhoo, I'm shuffling like him-but he was faster! But-Im 32 years OLDER than Corbin-and he's not in too much better shape than I am. It was cold/raining during the race yesterday. Richard turned out to be our only "in person" cheerleader, but he did a GREAT job. He sweet talked an officer into letting him drive into the gates to pick me. My blood pressure had tanked, after the race (well-about mile 11, but a wonderful lady helped me and talked/dragged thru to the finish line), so they took me to the medic building, where I got a bag of IV fluids and some IV Phenergan. It took me a little to perk up. Corbin said I kept mumbling "my medal, my medal", so one of the nurses went and got my medal, so I'd shut up! Anyhoo-I'm glad it's DONE for 2011, and I know Y'ALL are glad too, so you don't have to hear about it anymore!

Today will, most like be a busy work day, as there so much that had to left undone on Friday, plus there are some scheduled admissions today.

Continued prayers for SAUNDRA and MEGGIE-and for the spoken and unspoken prayers from our TMB family members. May God wrap his loving arms around ALL of us...

I love y'all..more than I ever begin to tell you here...

Gina AKA Nurse Diva

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Phyllis M.
on 12/4/11 10:51 pm - Irving, TX

Congratulations Gina and Corbin !!  Way to GO !!!   

YOU girl are my true inspiration !!  OMG  -  Look at you !!!  I am speachless !!!

Thank you Richard for being there !!! 

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

Don 1962
on 12/4/11 7:31 pm

Congratulations to you and Liz's "husband" for finishing intact.  Like the quote off the tee shirt as well.

My part of my plan for today involoves some computer time to get some warrants on a couple of guys who opted to enter an occupied apartment without knocking first nor did they have an invitation to be there.   

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Saundra P.
on 12/4/11 8:08 pm - Mesquite, TX
Good morning,

Congratulations Gina on completing the marathon and not letting the cold and rain stop you. Doc still plans to move Dad to rehab this week. I am not worried about him getting his physical strength back but he has been confused and forgets where he is and I am worried about permanent damage. Work of course is on the agenda today, I have a small project going in today hoping it goes well as I am ready to get that one behind me. Need to make a run to the store since I never did yesterday down to my favorite last crystal light. Hope everyone has a great day!

Saundra
VBG - 12/02/96   (High weight 283)
Revision to RNY - 06/11
/09 (Start weight 219)

Goal for weight to always start with 11*

At Goal - maintaining between 115 - 119

Vivian Prouty
on 12/4/11 8:32 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 WOO HOO YEAH....GO GINA AND CORBIN !!!!   How is that for cheering Gina.     I am so sorry I have been MIA this weekend.     Lots going on in my life right now.    Yesterday was FAMILY DAY at Teen Challenge.     Please keep my son's GF in your prayers.   She was admitted to the hospital I believe it was saturday ( sorry weekend a blur today ).    She remains there with a UTI and her CVS disease flaired up.    I spent the entire day with my son at Teen Challenge yesterday.    We went to church with the guys yesterday AM and then my son PREACHED at church last night.   He did a awesome job !!!!   He's come a long way in the almost 5 months since been at TC...from a IV herion user to a possible preacher.   WOW I am so amazed at what God is doing in his life.   His birthday is wednesday and he will be 26.    I have to bake 2 chocolate cakes from scratch so there will be enough fro all 26 of the guys at the center.     Hope the snow and wintery mix doesn't hang around long because I do NOT like driving in it.     Please keep him in your prayers as he continues to work through ALL his issues that lead to his drug addiction and please also keep his GF in your prayers as she recovers from her UTI and bout with her CVS.    Prayers for Saundra's Dad and Meggie and her siblings.     Prayers for you too Gina as you recover from your marathon and prayers for Alissa....hope the back is better today.   Have a blessed day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

timsdanni
on 12/4/11 8:33 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
first congrates to you Miss Gina - I am so proud of you!! I decided that unless the army messes up my plans I will drive down and watch the princesses crew in Feb. seeing you cross that line is well worth a 6 hour drive :)

avoiding drama in my own life - listening to the neighbor teenager that has adopted me and her drama is quite enough LOL I am sooooooooooo grateful I am no longer a teenager

busy day today - enjoying the new espresso maker - have the kitchen and living room floors done, kids fed and dressed as soon as I drop off Rach I have a meeting with my volunteers to plan a Cmas party for the 15th, followed by a meeting with my new company commander. Then house and kids stuff and school and making dinner I won't eat so I can attend another meeting with the level of command above the commander - they are providing pizza and drinks - guess I better bake some brownies too, I did that a few times and it is pretty expected now
Tim is off doing the goat lab today so that gives me a little bit of extra time and helps him with training requirements preD.

other than that not a whole lot going on in Ga this am

peace
Home is where the army allows me to live with my husband

I know what I need to do - I have to choose to take care of me or I choose to fail

Karla Lewis
on 12/4/11 8:38 pm - Livingston, TX
Good morning. Congrats on completing the marathon...I know how hard it is since I did it last year. You did well just finishing! It was nasty weather.

I had a great weekend in Dallas and had a long trip home in the cold/ wet weather. I was glad to get home and rest up for a long work week.

Prayers for Meggie to start feeling better and Saundra's dad to heal.

Have a good day!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Deb *.
on 12/4/11 11:38 pm
Morning all!  First of all - CONGRATS GINA!!!!  I'm so happy for you and Corbin. What an incredible accomplishment!  

Waiting for computers to boot up so I can get some work stuff done.  Natalie is napping for now, and hopefully will sleep through my meeting in a few.  I got one Christmas project done this weekend, and still have a couple I need to work on.  I've got a busy week ahead of me though.  Tonight we have to get the house ready to have the carpets cleaned tomorrow.  Which means I have to figure out where I'm going to put all the stuff that's on the floor.  Should be interesting to say the least.  Tomorrow Jeff is taking Natalie over to Grammy's house since the carpets here are going to be wet.  I've got an appointment with a Retinal doc to do some visual field testing my Rheumatologist wants done before he puts me on a new medication.  

I still have to get my Christmas decorations out and put up, Bible study on Wednesday, and a company holiday potluck on Thursday.  Sometime in there my MIL wants to take me out shopping for Christmas.  All I can say is I love my busy life!!
Liz_G_Tx
on 12/5/11 12:43 am
Gina - im so very proud of both of you!! I hate hate hate I coudlnt be there and still feel huge guilt!!! Nothing like falling on wet concrete on your booty/lower back while trying to get your dog out of a nasty culvert to derail the best laid plans! Better today, just kinda shuffling like you lol.  Im glad you were able to get fluids and such and thank my hubby (who im sure wants to divorce me now) for keeping me posted on yall!!!
I have decided we all need a hot tub lol. 

Yall did great, and im honored to know you and call you family!! Love you!

Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 28 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 105 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 414 views