New from Hampton

pirate1227
on 2/6/12 10:04 am - VA
Hello! I've just been referred (finally) by my PCM at Langley for Weight Loss Surgery. I'm now waiting to see who picks up the referral. The appointment line says it's out the in the Network and I have to wait for a letter telling me who to call. I'm Tricare Prime so I figured they would send me over to Portsmouth Naval, but now I'm not sure. I have a lot of anxiety about going through the approval process. I'm afraid somewhere along the line I'll be told I can't get it. I've been trying for two years to get a referral, but have bordered on 39 bmi, so the PCM's haven't wanted to refer me, even though there are other issues. Wish me luck!
pirate1227
on 2/13/12 8:56 pm - VA
Woohoo! After an initial screw-up with getting referred to the wrong place, I now have an appointment for orientation on March 8, 2012 at Portsmouth Naval. The ball is finally rolling!
pirate1227
on 3/8/12 8:19 am - VA
Well, I had my orientation today at Portsmouth Naval. There was a lot of good information, but most of it I had already familiarized myself with. Next up is bunch of labs and tests. Hopefully my first appointment will be fairly quick.
pirate1227
on 3/12/12 4:10 am - VA
Went and did my labs and tests today at Portsmouth Naval. Now to wait for the phone call for my first appointment with Bariatrics.
richarddavis196
on 4/22/12 8:56 am - VA
gOOD LUCK!

i HAVE HAD A FEW FRIENDS HAVE THEIRS AT pnh ALL WITH GOOD SUCCESS. i HAD MINE at Norfolk Sentara using Aetna and Tricare standard. I live in Norfolk.

Let me or the main board know what questions you have and we will try and help.

Crazy capa button.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 897 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2218 views