Confused and a little angry

we3crews
on 3/11/14 1:23 pm

I received the call from my insurance company last Thursday that I was approved and needed to contact my surgeon's office to make my next appt bc the approval expires on the 21st. I called to make the last appt for the ultrasound that same day (last Thursday) so I can also have a surgery date scheduled. I hate to say this but the receptionist was far from friendly and told me there was no way I was approved that fast and need to let them do their job (meaning when they are ready they will call me... found out today they misplaced the authorization fax). I called back today to see if I could not schedule the appt now bc they made it clear this appt would be a very long one and with children and college I need plenty of time to make sure there is someone here to get them from school and that I do not have class that day (my surgeon is an hour away from my home) and after being spoken to once again like I am a toddler the receptionist informed me that she will call be the beginning of next week for the ultrasound appointment and after that I get that appointment they will give me a surgery date... she then informed me that I will not meet the date of the 21st that was given as the expiration on the authorization by the insurance company. I ask what happens once I miss the 21st date and she informed me I have to go through the approval process all over again. Has this happened to anyone else and I wonder if there is a chance that when they submit for a new authorization date it could be denied? If anyone has any experience with this I would really appreciate some info on how the experience went... Sorry for venting and rambling 

shoutjoy
on 3/11/14 7:18 pm - Culpeper, VA

Sorry you met the lady from hell.  She needs to find another job NOT dealing with people.  I can't tell you what to do and obviously she doesn't care.  I wish I had a solution for you other than go down there and sit where she can see you and stare her down all day lol.  Bad idea.  Anyway, he heard one way or the other.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

we3crews
on 3/11/14 8:23 pm

I plan on defiantly filing a complaint when this is all over with someone that is above her direct supervisor. I am just surprised bc this hospital and staff have a great reputation yet so far I do not have anything positive I can really say 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 876 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2200 views