Flintstone Vitamins

docsal80
on 4/11/08 6:35 am
As i read this board, i notice that some people take Flintstone Chewable Vitamins.  I was specifically told by my surgeon that Flintstones were NOT acceptable.  Does anyone know why some of us are permitted to take them and some cannot?  I am having real problems getting the chewable "adult" vitamins down (Beriatric Advantage).  They are very gritty (to me, anyway) and the taste leaves much to be desired. Are there any others that taste better...give the same amount of nutriants that we require...and are not gritty?  I know some of you have been through many brands in your search for palatable foods, suppliments, protein,  etc.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
faufins
on 4/11/08 7:04 am - San Carlos, CA
I have Dr Cirangle and he said 2 Flinstones, one in the morning and one in the evening is plenty.  It says on the bottle "Adult dose is 2 chews.   Lot's of people prefer the Flinstone Gummies.  Blow Kiss 
Margo

"To thine own self be true"
docsal80
on 4/11/08 7:59 am
Thanks.  I have an appointment with my surgeon this Wednesday and i will ask him again.
Char10
on 4/11/08 7:10 am - Tucson, AZ
My program also recommends Flintstone Chewable vitamins, 2 daily. Char10
deciduousfruit
on 4/11/08 7:22 am - Portland, OR
VSG on 03/24/08 with
I'd ask your surgeon why s/he doesn't think Flintstones will be adequate. As for me I'm taking Natures Plus Adult Chewables and really enjoy the pineapple flavor. I also found a chewy raspberry B-12 supplement that tastes great. Hope this helps! Kristen
Lovin' Life
on 4/11/08 8:02 am
I couldn't handle the Flintstones.   I use Centrum Chewables and I can now switch over to regular vitamins when these run out. CArole

You have to have a dream to have a dream come true!
My dream came true Nov. 28, 2008-Hit goal!

Maintaining since 11/08. 
                       I don't need no stinkin' malabsorption!

REMOVE SHARE BUTTON

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 8:07 am, edited 4/11/08 8:08 am - NJ
 HAHA Flinstone Chewable Vitamins!? I use to eat that all the time when I was young, I loved them. I use to eat them like candy (which is probably not a good thing...). I don't know the answer to your question, but do they make Flinstone Vitamins for adults? I ask because vitamins for kids wouldn't meet the daily requirements of an adult.. Just a thought.
akis
on 4/11/08 8:41 am - Palm Harbor, FL
My doc says Flinstones are perfectly fine.  I take one in the morning and another in the evening.  I wonder why your doc doesn't want u to have them...hmmmm.
~ Akis ~

debtfree
on 4/11/08 8:44 am - OK
Hmmmm, makes me wonder if the doctors that work with a nutrition store maybe don't like the vitamins we can get a walmart or wherever.  I'm glad to see this information because today I sampled the bariatric vitamin while I was at the bariatric hospital for my appts.  It was NASTY.  I would much rather take a couple of Flinstones morning and evening than do that nasty stuff.

190 lbs lost
VSG 07/2008
lower body lift 10/2010
upper body lift 11/2011

djg123
on 4/11/08 12:42 pm, edited 4/11/08 12:43 pm - Omaha, NE
My surgeon also recommends Flintstones vitamins, specifically Flintstones Complete.  Two a day, one with breakfast, one with dinner.  They don't have to be made "for adults," my surgeon says thats why we take two. 
Debi      SW: 330      DoS: 312      CW: 212      GW: 150
"The picture you have in your mind of what you're about will come true." ~ Bob Dylan 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views