Flintstone Vitamins

BananaGal
on 4/11/08 3:42 pm - IL
My doc said Flinstones were fine. I don't care for them (not even the gummy ones), but I did find Spiderman Gummy Vitamins, and they are awesome. The bottle says 2 for adults, but I fortified that most days by chewing 3-4 throughout the day. I know that Viactiv makes an adult multi vitamin in the form of a Chocolate Chew (just like the calcium carbonate chews). I haven't tried those, but they seem like they'd be better than the gritty ones.
pinecone
on 4/12/08 1:31 am - MI
Dr. Pleatman told me the Sour Flinstones Gummies are perfectly acceptable. I take the adult dose stated on the bottle (2 per day). I also found adult "gummy" vitamins at Target. I bought a bottle but haven't opened it yet. K~
LKH
on 4/12/08 2:00 am - CO
The Kaiser class talked about this.  Something about iron.  Looking at the quantities, the Bariatric Advantage vitamins either have no iron, or their multiband has 100%.  Four Flintstones vitamins would have 400% RDA.  It is a bit risky to have too much iron in your diet, so maybe that's it.  L
GrannyLaLa
on 4/12/08 2:51 am - South,, AR
I've read many posts on this over the years and seems that the #1 answer is that children's requirements are different from adults so you are getting too much of some things and not enough of others.   For myself I'd just check the back against an adult vitamin and see what the difference would be. As you age some vitamins/minerals you don't absorb as well as others and you don't want too much iron either.  Best thing to do is schedule a appt. for blood test every once in a while to see where you are on vitamins/minerals.  I think adult women are more prone to needing iron and vitamin B's.

Glitter Text

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 193 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views