Charlie Horse in ribcage area? (Silly know it all newbie question)

SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 7:11 am - Catonsville, MD
Ouch. It feels like I have a Charlie horse in my ribcage. Has this happened to anyone else? What did ya do about it? I'm trynna clean up around here and its impeding my progress. BTW I'm not lifting anything heavy just the crap on the floor that seems to fall off of people's butts around here. Sigh.

www.youtube.com/misskolie1 

Highest Weight: 345 Surgery Weight: 326  Goal: 160

Marie B.
on 9/15/10 7:23 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
 I don't have my surgery until Monday, so I guess I'm a know-it-all pre-newbie!  I cannot speak from surgery experience.  I am, however, a nuclear medicine technologist in a big North East hospital.  If you get sharp pain on inspiration and you still have a charlie horse feeling in your chest, don't ignore it.  You are probably just fine, but a PE (lung blood clot) would cause chest pain and pain when breathing.  I'm sure you don't have that, but if it gets worse and hurts when you breath in, go to the ER, just in case.  But most likely it is just you recovering.  Take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm just an amature.
Marie
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 7:54 am - Catonsville, MD
At first I thought that too.  No sharp pain, more like a muscle cramp pain and it's below my chest.  No pain when breathing, more like when moving around or changing positions.  I've sent a message to my Dr. so we'll see.  Thanks!!!

Ms Shell
on 9/15/10 7:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Well self diagnosing it and calling it a charlie horse when you don't KNOW well yes it a know it all =)

I never had the sensation but I lived alone and did NOTHING but sit on my ass for almost a month, the lifting, pushing, pulling, bending all from fear of getting a hernia.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 7:48 am - Catonsville, MD
On September 15, 2010 at 2:32 PM Pacific Time, Ms Shell wrote:
Well self diagnosing it and calling it a charlie horse when you don't KNOW well yes it a know it all =)

I never had the sensation but I lived alone and did NOTHING but sit on my ass for almost a month, the lifting, pushing, pulling, bending all from fear of getting a hernia.

MS Shell
MS Shell,

Self diagnosing?  You're joking right? Please tell me your joking because I know for a fact that I said in my post that it FEELS like a charlie horse in order to paint a picture to everyone to see if anyone else has experienced this sensation. So you can't be serious.  I'm not saying emphatically that that's what it is at all, just telling you what if FEELS like.  No, I dont KNOW what it is, that's why I'm asking, duh.

The question was has anyone else felt this sensation and what was the end result.  Doesn't sound like you have soooooooo.....er...um.

I've received wonderful feedback from you on previous posts, this is just not one of those times.  Thanks for your input though.

Loove, love, love your 'whatch'a eating posts' BTW, I look forward to contributing to them one day!

Ms Shell
on 9/15/10 8:27 am - Hawthorne, CA
Girl I was SOOO joking...I was so playing on the "know it all newbie" thing...sorry if it wasn't funny...I was actually in the middle of typing a REAL answer when my supervisor called me and I had to close everything down...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 8:37 am - Catonsville, MD
Oh, OH, cuz I was about ta say!  LOL!  Well, actually now that you explained, it is funny, I'm glad you got the whole 'know it all newbie' thing!

gwen_kb
on 9/15/10 7:43 am - Snellville, GA
I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING.  I SOMETIMES FEEL AN ACHING FEELING RIGHT UNDERNEATH MY RIGHT RIB CAGE.  I USUALLY MESSAGE THAT AREA UNDER THE RIB CAGE AND AT SOME POINT I DON'T NOTICE THE ACHE ANYMORE.

God is good all the time........
SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 8:07 am - Catonsville, MD
Yeess!  I've been massaging that area as well.  It helps but it's still annoying.  I wonder if it's because the muscles wer eshifted during surgery. 

lilredturtle
on 9/15/10 7:46 am
I have gotten them too surgery 8/25
Last night while my husband and I were on a walk right near the end
and one time when I was in the pool swimming

Not sure what it is but I am not too concerned with it just keeping track of it

Good Luck
LIL red

You should be the change you wish to see in the world
Most Active