Charlie Horse in ribcage area? (Silly know it all newbie question)

diane S.
on 9/15/10 8:28 am
i had a phase where i seemed to  get these rib pull pains for no reason. i think it was before vsg though. somehow it just went away. no idea what it was or why. just be careful twisting and turning as thats the real culprit i think. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Dancin Girl
on 9/15/10 8:34 am
Weird.......My upper back has intermittently felt "sprained" since surgery. I thought maybe it was due to positioning on the OR Table but I'm a month out........Maybe muscular soreness or problems post op are more common than we think. Hope you feel better soon.Please post if your Doctor diagnoses the problem

Consult Weight 262                    SW 250.5                               Current Weight 160

barakuda
on 9/15/10 8:49 am

That's weird, i get that problem too, but it's on and off. I started having it 3 weeks out.....there will be a day that it's there and the next day it's gone. sometimes it comes on when i watch tv on the bed  and on my side.

I emailed my doc and he didn't do anything....he was like, just ignore it. let me know what your doctor will say pls.....if it's ok.

SleeveDiva !.
on 9/15/10 9:11 am - Catonsville, MD
Lol, sounds like something my doc would say! I will def let you know if he says otherwise!

www.youtube.com/misskolie1 

Highest Weight: 345 Surgery Weight: 326  Goal: 160

tsupulver
on 9/15/10 10:28 am
VBG on 06/18/10 with
I know excately what you are talking about, I have had them off and on for years and they do feel like a charlie horse. I get them mostly when I turn or reach certain ways and they resolve on their own. Don't know the cause but wanted you to know that you are not alone and they hurt. Take care Tamara

mit_tens
on 9/15/10 11:46 am - Woodstock, CT
It could be gas pain................................maybe :D

Sometimes I get pain under my ribs and its gas build up and it hurts like a mutha! I am only pre op though so Im just taking a stab at it.

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
EsmeAnna
on 9/15/10 1:18 pm
Yeah,I've been getting those for a few years too. Never had them before putting on all my weight. Yes, it feels like a charlie horse and for lack of words, I have told my husband it feels like a (CRAMP) underneath my lower ribs only on the right side. I too, wonder often what it is. For me, I believe it's definitely related to my fat crowding that area. I hope when I lose the weight it goes away.
tmacd1967
on 11/13/10 3:34 am - Halifax, Canada
I am having the same feeling, feels like charley horses just under the ribcage, and not just one its like 2 or 3 , one right after another. At first I was getting them on the right side then the left. The pain is so excrutiating I can't stand up straight and I try to massage it out. Any suggestions as to what causes this, I've been sick with a cold for past 3 weeks, even that brings it on at times. Dr. put me on a new drug for the cough, Tussionex, but I don't think that is causing it as I have been getting them off and on for awhile. This medication is strictly a cough suppresant. I could be just standing up and all of a sudden it'll hit me and its just like a charley horse. Any info would be a great help, thanks.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views