weight loss?

cthr
on 3/24/11 11:26 am
 I would like to have the ds but think i maybe the sleeve might be better for me. I currently weigh 340 is this too much for the sleeve? How much would be a reasonable amount for me to lose? Thanks for your help.
Jenijeni
on 3/24/11 11:28 am
You can lose any amount with the sleeve! There are lots of folks on here that have lost well over 100 pounds and more! D some research and talk to your doc about which one is right for you!

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

sulky
on 3/24/11 11:33 am - Australia
i had a friend who lost 70kg , but has put about 25kg back on.she is seeing a surgeon again.you can restretch your stomach after about 2yrs with vsg!!! i know, i lost 43kg and have put 5kg on.im currently on a diet to drop those 5kg!!vsg is great and no regrets but it does not solve eating issues.still need to be careful with diet
MsSonja
on 3/24/11 11:42 am - Kent, WA
I think the success of vsg begins with the surgeon.  I've noticed that many have claimed to have stretched stomachs years post op, but some of them didn't have as great restrictions as many of us seem to have these days.

Like everything else, time allows greater "procedure perfection".  I'm still a newbie, but I LOVE my sleeve.

Also remember, the surgery is a tool.  You have the chance to regain weight if you don't make a life style change.  Good luck
~~ Ms. Sonja 

Libralin
on 3/24/11 1:08 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
I went to a support group last night...and they discussed stretching of the stomach..Whether its bypass or sleeve..the stomach will eventually stretch..but not alot...Otherwise you will be eating 2oz of food forever!....The dr. told me that my pouch is like one of those tiny water bottles. Some people can eat up to 5oz of food at one time..some only 3-4. Not right at the beginning..but later on down the road...It will never be the same size it was...But at least it teaches you volume and portion control.
The rest comes from the head....

P.S. Doesnt mean you cant stretch your stomach in the early days...by over eating!

Linda M. from Jersey

glendary
on 3/24/11 1:16 pm
My doc says expect to loose 75% of your excess weight with a sleeve.  Have you talked to a surgeon yet?  The sleeve is the first part of a DS by many surgeons. 

Glendary        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views