I can't get my scale to say 199

Lovelyc_98
on 3/31/11 12:14 am - St. Louis, MO

OMG I can not get to 199 to save my life... I have been at 200 then it went up to 207 then I got back down to 200 now today it's at 201 OMG the scale is playing with me.  I am in a large shirt after 3months when I was wearing a 2X, so I know that is an accomplishment...I just want my 199!!!

byebyeburden
on 3/31/11 12:23 am
Oh i remember.  I know every diet I have ever been on, getting under 200 was so hard.  It was like my body said "girl, you are staying at 200 forever" .  For me, I was on a stall right at this weight too....so it took pretty much a good month or longer before I was a solid 198.  Good Luck, and have patience.
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Lovelyc_98
on 3/31/11 12:34 am - St. Louis, MO
It's just so crazy...it is like your body knows what you are trying to do and it wants to play with you for awhile.  I will be patient...I guess I have no other choice .  Thank you for the encouraging words!!

stephanie507
on 3/31/11 12:54 am - so. plfd, NJ
VSG on 02/09/11 with
Girl i am going through the same go to the gym 5 days a week do cardio for 1/2 to 1 hour.  still it would not go below 300 not after going to doc office getting down to my underwear yes i said underwear i am 299 but let me tell you our bodies are out to stay the same for a minute.   So sister girl i am wishing i was were u r at but trust i know i will be lol...stay focus because I am on the bigger prize health no more insulin for me hollar.....be blessed, Stephanie

Lovelyc_98
on 3/31/11 1:05 am - St. Louis, MO
Stephanie I'm sorry you are going through the same thing cuz it's hard.  I mean 200 to 199 or 300 to 299 is NOT that big of a deal, but that's what we want to make us happy and why do we have to work so hard for that little bit of happiness...LOL.  Well I'm glad you got down to your 299 after getting naked at the doc's office...LMAO  I mean you had to do what you had to do!!!  Congrats on the accomplishments you have made so far and I know you are going to be a diva because you already are!!

SassyItalian
on 3/31/11 12:55 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Its such a mind game that the scale plays with us women. You will be there anyday I am sure. Keep up the good work and enjoy never wearing a 2x again!

Kristen

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Lovelyc_98
on 3/31/11 1:08 am - St. Louis, MO
Yes Sassy it is a mind game and I don't like playing it with that damn scale!!!  I will get there yes I know, but I am ready now...o'well I guess it's not what I want it's what my body wants to do.  But yes I am excited I will not be wearing a 2x again!!!  Keep up your good work because you look great!!

Candy S.
on 3/31/11 1:24 am - Elgin, SC
OMG, the same thing happened to me!!  I sat at 201-203 for like three weeks.  FINALLY, I stepped on the scale and was at 199 then the next morning it was 200 AGAIN.  I thought I was going to lose it!  I dropped back down the next day but it was still so frustrating.  That also happened at the 180 mark.  When I was dieting every other time, I would get to 180 and then I would start gaining again. I needed to get into the 170's before I felt like surgery was finally going to work for me.  I sat at 180-182 for two weeks before I finally dropped into the 170's.  I agree with you that it is like our bodies are toying with us.  They know we want to be at a certain point but it just has to mess with ya for a while.  Kinda like a na na boo boo!!  Have no fear thogh you will get there eventually and then you will have a funny story to share.  Good luck with 199 tomorrow!!
Height: 5'3" | HW: 262 | SW: 237 | CW: 130 | GW: 135

Lovelyc_98
on 3/31/11 1:31 am - St. Louis, MO
Im so happy reading these responses that I am not the only one going through this crazy ordeal.  Im like, all I am asking for right now is to loose 1 freaking pound...o'well like I've said I guess it's not on my time.  I got on that scale this morning just knowing I was going to be 199...uhhhhh NOOOOO!!! Well thanks for the encouraging words Candy!! I will let you all know what tomorrow brings...hopefully 199!

bigj225
on 3/31/11 1:44 am - NY
Drink water, I kid you not it works.  I had surgery on 1/18 and my goal was to be under 300 pounds by 4/01.  I sat at 303 for an entire week, fluctuated down to 301 back up to 304 and started monitoring and increasing my water intake on 3/27.  I went on the scale this morning and it read 299.6 and I was extatic.  Drink your water and get your protein in and you will be fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 182 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views