Super Excited!!!

mwall81
on 4/3/11 8:02 am - MI
 So, after some careful consideration over the last 5 days, I have decided I am going to make a trip to Mexico to have my sleeve done, since my insurance won't approve it here in the U.S.  Someone close to me just returned from Mexico and having it done, is 13 days post op and with no complications.  Everyone I've spoken to on here that has gone to MX to have it done has also had no complications and an over all great experience!!  So, I'm excited!  Now I just have to wait and see if I can get approved for financing, or possibly find someone to cosign for me.  Wish me luck people, please!!

~*Miranda*~
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

sleeve genie
on 4/3/11 8:04 am - Alhambra, CA
Good luck sweetie, you will be so glad that you did this.  I'm sorry that your insurance won't approve you. Mine denied me but i appealed and won.   When you are denied because they say its experimental its pretty easy to win on appeal.  Which surgeon have you decided on?  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

DrHollywood
on 4/3/11 8:10 am - Harbor City, CA
Good Luck and congratulations with your decision.
Question:  What does it cost to go to Mexico? << if you dont mind me asking.
I have a friend in the same situation. Also, Where did your friend have hers done?
thanks a bunch and congratulations!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

mwall81
on 4/3/11 8:13 am - MI
 I think I'm going to go with Dr. Almanza.  He was recommended to me by quite a few people on here, and everything I've read/heard about him seems good so far.  I just contacted his office shortly before posting this, and am waiting to hear back from there, and then I will make my decision.  

My insurance company denied me because they didn't deam it "medically necessary".  I have a BMI of 41.3, am considered "Morbidly Obese" by the medical community, but I don't suffer from high blood pressure nor diabetes, so my insurance company won't cover it.  Suprisingly enough, other than the high BMI, I'm very healthy!  Great cholesterol level, blood surgar and blood pressure are both great.  Gotta count my blessings right? ;)

I'm excited to say the least.  If I can't get the financing for the surgery, or a cosigner, its going to put it on hold for  a while, as it will take me a while to raise the money up myself.  But I've decided to do this and I am going to stick with it.  I can't wait.  I"ve been battling my weight since I started puberty, 21 years ago, and it just keeps getting worse every year.  I don't want my son to have to bury me when he's 10 years old, so I'm changing my life for myself as well as him.  
Live like your dieing, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching.

mwall81
on 4/3/11 8:16 am - MI
 Doc Hollywood - 

My friend had her's done in Mexicali, by Dr. Aceves(Sp?) and her cost was $8900 I believe.  Dr. Almanza does it in Piedras Negras, across the border from Texas, for $5500.  While cost is some what of a factor for me, it is not the deciding factor, but everything I've read about Dr Almaza has been good so far, and my friend who had it done a few weeks ago looked at him to, but decided to go with Dr Aceves because another woman she met was going with him and they went together.

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 8:17 am - MI
What did your mom say?
mwall81
on 4/3/11 8:22 am - MI
 I haven't told her yet, but my step dad was all for it.  He urged me to do it, since he knows I want to lose the weight and that I need the help.  But like I said, I'm not gonna ask them to cosign for me, cus they've already got enough on their plates.  Did you figure out your ticker?

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/11 1:20 pm - CA
Went to Mexico for both my lapband and revision to sleeve and probably will go again if I do plastics. Had great experiences both times with Dr. Ortiz and his staff. You will be fine. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views