i'm doing it right?

aklcajungal
on 4/8/11 9:06 am - LA
I am 3 days out from surgery and I don't feel that bad! Very sore but I'm not getting my protein!  I'm able to get my vitamins and so far a popcicle and few bites of jello but that is it... by day 3 amI supposed to be doing all the protein???? I got down about 2 oz's today and 1 pop and thats it.. please advise..

Thanks Anna
kimberly_gr
on 4/8/11 9:11 am

During the first 2 weeks home from the hospital I was told to work in getting all my fluids and vitamins in.  I wasn't supposed to worry about getting all my protein in yet.

Glad you seem to be doing ok.

Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

aklcajungal
on 4/8/11 9:16 am - LA
thank you!  i'm getting the fluids and vitamins just not the protein!  thank you for the info!! 

Anna
emelar
on 4/8/11 9:23 am - TX
Definitely concentrate on fluids first at this point.  But, if you can get all your liquids in, don't you have a protein drink that you could be sipping on?  Protein drinks count as fluids too!
aklcajungal
on 4/8/11 9:36 am - LA
the protein shake is hard for me to get down.. water. no worries.. but i fixed my protein shake with skim milk! maybe i should try water?
emelar
on 4/8/11 9:49 am - TX
Thin it out with water or mil****il it's comfortable to drink.  As the swelling goes down, you'll be able to drink more easily.  Again, fluids are most important now - don't want to dehydrate!  But any protein that you can get down is a good thing.
catwalker
on 4/8/11 9:35 am - Buna, TX
Just work on the liquid, I did put some unflav protein powder in my broth. I was up and  feeling good by the 3rd day too! Just remember not to overdo it.
sleeve genie
on 4/8/11 10:21 am - Alhambra, CA
You've already gotten great advice,  just wanted to say congratulations, welcome to the "bench"  remember to walk, sip, rest and repeat.   Enjoy your new and improved life :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

elzbthn1
on 4/8/11 10:27 am
Hey sleeve sister, I was sleeved on Monday!

Yes, the protein shakes are pretty hard to get down, I added more skim milk to mine to make them thinner. Here is what I had so far today:

Protein shake (11oz) took me probably 21/2 hours total sipping.
2oz creamy soup
1oz yoghurt
half a G2 gatorade (working on that)
Another shake 4oz (working on that too)

Keep sipping something, yeah I feel so full too!
Week 1 10 pounds,week 2 4.4,week 3 2.2 week 4 1.6,week 5 6 week 6 .2 week 7 .6 week 8 4 week 9 .2 up!! week 10 3.4 week 11 .6 week 12 1.8 week 13 2 week 14 1 week 15 1.8 week 16 1.4 week 17 0 week 18 3.4 week 19 .4 pound lost!
Month 1 = 18.2
Month 2= 10.8
Month 3 = 5.6
Month 4 = 6.2

MrsWash07
on 4/8/11 11:24 am - Houma, LA
 I had my sleeve two weeks ago with Dr. Leblanc, trust me just work on the fluids. I am not sure if you got some of those beneprotein packs at the hospital, but if you put some of that powder in your broth it will help, but even though WALK, SIP, REST, REPEAT!! Best advice ever given.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views