A few NSV's and other stuff

Kimbokarrie
on 4/10/11 2:34 pm
First,We had an earth day fair here in town, and my company had a booth. My employees wanted to wear white flowy skirts and company t-shirts. The last booth we did I was wearing a 2xl tshirt and size 20 jeans. Saturday I wore a large. And my skirt was a 16!

Friday night we went to the comedy club, and had the teenager down the street baby sit. We were getting them all settled in before we left and she said "um....I'm not sure how to say this....but have you lost weight?" I said "yeah a little..." and she said " um yeah a lot! You are skinny now! "

I was able to wear pre-baby shorts today, and walked about two miles before dinner with my kids and climbed the rock wall at the park. Sure it was for 5 year olds, but I didn't break it!

On an emotional note, I went to church for the first time in 15 years today. My husband is dealing with some major things right now, and it felt really good to stand there with my kids and sing with them. In the past I would have turned to food. Not sure where its all going to end up, but he is going to join a support group at the church and seek counseling to work through it.

sleeve genie
on 4/10/11 2:53 pm - Alhambra, CA
Wow,  thats wonderful,  you should be so proud.  I'm so sorry your husband has this stress and wish him well.    Its great all the other unexpected gifts along the way that touch us the most.   What others take for granted.  I wish continued success for you and your family.  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Linda B.
on 4/10/11 10:30 pm
Church is a good place to find what you need, here's to you , and may the road get easier for you and your family

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views