I need a dye job

MTH
on 4/12/11 8:26 pm
I am 5 months out and I read here not to dye your hair during the hair losing stage.  I am losing a little more hair than usual, but nothing I am worried about.  I would really like to dye my hair and have some highlights.  You think its safe? Thanks again!
Linda B.
on 4/12/11 10:03 pm
I hadn't heard that on this forum, I work in a salon, and I don't think it would have any effect one way or the other. If the hair is going to fall out it is because of hormone changes and or loss of protein or rapid weight loss, not because of something topical (at least thats my 2 cents) I'm going to get mine done for sure! Maybe today! Good Luck whatever you decide.

cattywompos
on 4/12/11 10:42 pm
I would love to dye my hair too, but my hair soooo dry as well as falling out so I haven't dared.  Does anyone know if it would be really bad to dye my hair when it is dry and falling out and growing back in all at the same time? :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

HollyLaLa
on 4/12/11 10:51 pm, edited 4/12/11 10:52 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/11 with
I am getting mine done in 3 hours. I cannot deal with roots! I condition more since my surgery though I must admit.

Nothing worth having comes easy.  Success comes with hard work and determination and sacrifice!   

ROCK ON!             
shekicks
on 4/12/11 10:57 pm - Dallas, GA
 I have colored mine.  The first time was before I noticed any hair loss, and twice since.  It doesn't seem to make any difference on the amount coming out.  Luckily my hair was pretty thick, so I don't notice so much about the amount on my head, I just notice what is flying around when I dry it.  I figure it will grow back thicker eventually, but I will definitely be covering my roots either way!  

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

Linda B.
on 4/12/11 11:05 pm
I'm with you Beverly! Say NO NO NO to the grey! If I have only ten hairs set them not be grey!

Susan0714
on 4/12/11 11:52 pm - Kenner, LA
I am hoping I do not have an issue with mine, when I start to loss it and I dye it.  My parents were both salt and pepper by their 30's, so when my hair grows out, it is grey..

thanks for the post..

Susan
Libralin
on 4/13/11 12:36 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
I dyed my hair at 3 weeks out.....Hope I can do it later on!  Cant stand dark roots!

Kristy R.
on 4/13/11 1:44 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I would say that the dye would only be an issue if your hair is brittle and breaking, then I would probably not do it.  Otherwise, get those roots!  It's about time for mine too, I just wanted to make sure I felt like I could sit in the chair long enough for the process, which with my uber-thick hair takes FOREVA!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Katester
on 4/13/11 3:13 am
Cherish and love that oober-think hair girly...I used to have the same! long blonde and beautiful...not so much anymore. I lost probably about 40% of my hair. My family says it looks the same, but they know better than to tell me my hair looks less than stellar! LOL  If I would have started out with thin hair I would for sure be bald, no questions asked. I DO see new growth though...they are about a half inch long now and straight and BLONDE (thank God)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views