6 month Post-Op Pictures and Thoughts

shayla82
on 4/18/11 11:21 am - Pratt, KS

Hi Everyone,
Tomorrow will be my 6 month mark since surgery and I had my follow up with my surgeon today.  I also had an awesome NSV so I thought I would post tonight and share some pictures and thoughts....

First my NSV.  I went to the mall to by a dress to wear for a friends wedding and I went in Lane Bryant to see what they had.  I am so used to looking in the back of the racks for the size 28 (at my heaviest in picture #1, I actually was in a size 30, I couldn't fit into Lane Bryant Pants anymore) I didn't even consider at first that the one dress I liked, the only one like it in the store, a size 14/16 would even be a possiblilty for me.  I did see a 3/4 sleeve black shrug that I thought I would try on, for a dress I told myself I would find later.  I picked the 18/20 telling myself that it may be too small.  I tried it on and it was too big!!  So I got the 14/16 off the rack and tried it on and it fit!!!  At that point, I figured, what the heck?  I got the dress I had seen and tried it on and it fit and looked super cute!  I can't believe I can fit a 14/16 dress!  My pant size however is an 18, but coming from a  size 30 I will take it for now!!

6 months ago:
Working out was so very hard, I couldn't handle much at all.
Now:
I work out 6 days a week, 3 with a trainer, 3 days on my own.  I Love It!

6 months ago: Pant size 30, Now 18
6 months ago: Shirt size 30/32 or 5XL, Now 14/16 or XL

6 months ago: I had to ask for a seat belt extender on airplanes
Now: Room to spare!!

Ok, I will wrap it up and leave you with some pictures.  I can't begin to tell you how this surgery changed my life.  It was without a doubt the hardest decision that I ever had to make, and now I see that it was without a doubt the best decision that I ever made.  The road hasn't been easy, but so far, very worth it.  I have hope now that I can and will eventually get to my goal weight, I never felt hopeful before.  It is weird how I can see the difference in myself in pictures, yet when I look in the mirror, I still see the person in Picture #1.  I hope to someday let her go, never forget her but let her go.

Thanks for listening!!

Picture #1  - - 9/2/2010 First Surgeon consult (sorry picture is blurry, it is a picture of a photo copy from Dr.'s office computer)  334 lbs

Picture #2 - - Night before surgery (exactly 6 months ago today) 10/18/2020  296 lbs

Picture #3 - -  1/2/2011, 4 months from first consult, 2.5 months Post-Op 248 lbs

Picture #4 - - 2/19/2011 4 months Post -Op

Picture #5 - - 6 months Post-Op (minus one day)

40 lbs lost Pre-Op

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 11:24 am
 you look beautiful congrats to you...
SpiceyMom
on 4/18/11 11:26 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Oh!!! I am so proud of you and all you've accomplished!! Wow!! You were always lovely but you just look happier and happier as the pictures progress. Way to go!!!
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
Valerie K.
on 4/18/11 11:27 am - Dearborn, MI
congrats you look amazing great job.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 11:28 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
Shayla - you are Extraordinary!!! What a transformation! Just keep these pics on your mirror and maybe that will help you to see the new you!!! Congrats!!!
sleeve genie
on 4/18/11 11:28 am - Alhambra, CA
Oh WOW,  sweetie,  you look fantastic,   and so happy.   You should be so proud of yourself.   Good job you,   keep up the good work,  at the rate you are going you'll be at goal in no time  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Lisa D.
on 4/18/11 11:31 am - New Orleans, LA
Who is that little person in your house?!  You are amazing!!

I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Danielle K.
on 4/18/11 11:33 am - Evart, MI
 It is truly AMAZING how much happier you look.  I can't wait for my 6 month post op pics to see what my face looks like.  Good Job!!
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

Kim_M
on 4/18/11 11:40 am - LaPorte, TX
You rock!!It is amazing the diff.in just 6months hell that is one life changing tool!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
BuckeyeGirl
on 4/18/11 11:38 am - TN
Wow! What an amazing photo progression!

Thanks for sharing, you look fantastic!

Congrats,
Lindsey

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views