Dinner out

evilelf
on 5/2/11 1:44 am
Went out for my first post-op dinner on Saturday night. I ordered soup (didn't finish). I was surprised at how ok I was. Enjoyed my time with family and friends, yes I wanted a cheddar bay biscuit (went to Red Lobster) but I got over it. My husband said I was the cheapest date ever..lol.  Next challenge is mothers day, going to a Italian restaurant... soup for everyone!!!!

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 1:49 am
We went to Red Lobster Sat. evening also!  I had the seafood stuffed mushrooms (2 of 'em is all I could eat) and a few bites of hubby's salad (oh, that salad tasted good!  First lettuce since my sleeve).  It was all so tasty.

Thank goodness for soup!  Have fun at the Italian place and early Happy Mother's Day to you!
didim62
on 5/2/11 1:54 am, edited 5/2/11 1:54 am - Kensington, CT
I give you credit for forgoing the "cheddar Biscuit" and enjoying the company of your family and friends!! It's not easy but we can do it over and over becaue we know it is worth it!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
evilelf
on 5/2/11 1:56 am
How funny the salad actually bothered me more than the food. There was this slice of tomato on my husband's plate that just keep begging me to eat it. I said no to it out loud, my husband was worried he would have to put me in a loony bin for talking to his salad. LOL. Happy Mothers day to you also.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 2:17 am
I love you talking to the tomato!  Back, you foul beast!!!  LOL!

(Salad does bother folks when they are newly sleeved.  I didn't even attempt it until now.  I am a little over two months out. )
_Nikki_
on 5/2/11 2:32 am
Great job !! I love Red Lobster !!
_Nikki_ 

MizzBombChelle
on 5/2/11 2:38 am - Silver Spring, MD

Red Lobster was the first place I went as soon as I was able to eat soft food.  I am a seafoodholic so I waited all day to go and get me some crablegs.  Of course they brought out the biscuits but because I knew I was going to only be able to eat so much, they didn't even bother me because I was looking forward to the crablegs.  Yeah, I was only able to eat 2!!!  However, I did have the rest for lunch and dinner the next day.

Good luck with the Italian restaurant.  That's scary because pasta is a wonderful thing! :-)

Chelle     Height: 5'7"     HW:  299.5 SW: 290.8 CW: 244.6 GW: 158.0      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views