Get lazy = stop losing

thinnermama
on 5/4/11 12:43 am
Not a whine post! I want to just say that I have seen the proof that not taking the time to plan my meals and eat the way I am supposed to to the tee will cause me to stop losing. I've been in a stall for many weeks.

I got a little bit irritated at the fact that I was having to think so much about my food. First I mostly stopped eating to avoid the headache that I felt choosing wisely was becoming, then as a result, I believe I went into carb/sugar overload and have paid for it dearly. I have gained a pound or two back, but mostly I can feel my body changes with the water/weight shift and now am working on being more mindful of my food/protein/liquids.

lesson learned!
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

shekicks
on 5/4/11 1:31 am - Dallas, GA
Hi Thinnermama, I am learning also!  I see we were both sleeved in October and maybe it is time for the 7 month stall or something, because I am into week two of mine!  So today, I measured out 64 oz. of water and I am going to make a huge effort to drink every last drop!  I have been carbing a little too much, too, just a little here and there, but that stops also!  I have started just eating carelessly whatever my family is eating instead of planning a better course for myself so I need to get serious again and get the pounds going down again!

Good luck to you!  It helps when I know others are going through the same thing I am, and we can do this!

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

thinnermama
on 5/4/11 2:19 am
Well good...we both have some concrete goals!
I've started blogging my journey here at OH

Single incision lap VSG 10/21/2010

Height 5'2
Pre-op weight: 260
Day of surgery: 240
Current weight: 190

KrisJ77
on 5/4/11 5:25 am - TX
I'm not as far out as you (January), but I feel I'm getting lazy about it! I better get back on track too!!

sublimate
on 5/4/11 8:52 am - San Jose, CA
This is one of the reasons I always have food prepared and ready to go. There are an incredible number of advantages to this. I cook once a day for the whole day.. then the rest of the day no dishes to do, no wondering what I'm going to eat, and I know the food I cooked is helpful to my weight loss and healthy.

So for instance last night I made up a big batch of my tuna salad and put that into portable containers and I've been eating that most of the day. I also made a dozen hard boiled eggs that I can have as snacks (for my son as well) and a big batch of beef jerky.

In the morning I throw a few bottles of water into my lunch bag and a few containers of tuna salad and a baggie of beef jerky and head out. Recently I spent a week in the hospital with a family member who was ill, and I still did not have to eat off plan because I had enough food prepared and I just brought it with me.

I had beef jerky and eggs made up in advance and every other day I made up a big batch of chicken salad to bring with me to the hospital. If I tried to make every meal different and cook something new every meal, I think it would be a big headache for me too.

Doing it this way has been a life saver for me. Maybe if you tried this it wouldn't be such a hassle to have to plan food all the time? I usually only have to cook for myself once a day, sometimes every other day if I make 2 day's worth of chicken salad.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

yankeeblue08
on 5/4/11 10:00 am - Roseville, MI
On May 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM Pacific Time, sublimate wrote:
This is one of the reasons I always have food prepared and ready to go. There are an incredible number of advantages to this. I cook once a day for the whole day.. then the rest of the day no dishes to do, no wondering what I'm going to eat, and I know the food I cooked is helpful to my weight loss and healthy.

So for instance last night I made up a big batch of my tuna salad and put that into portable containers and I've been eating that most of the day. I also made a dozen hard boiled eggs that I can have as snacks (for my son as well) and a big batch of beef jerky.

In the morning I throw a few bottles of water into my lunch bag and a few containers of tuna salad and a baggie of beef jerky and head out. Recently I spent a week in the hospital with a family member who was ill, and I still did not have to eat off plan because I had enough food prepared and I just brought it with me.

I had beef jerky and eggs made up in advance and every other day I made up a big batch of chicken salad to bring with me to the hospital. If I tried to make every meal different and cook something new every meal, I think it would be a big headache for me too.

Doing it this way has been a life saver for me. Maybe if you tried this it wouldn't be such a hassle to have to plan food all the time? I usually only have to cook for myself once a day, sometimes every other day if I make 2 day's worth of chicken salad.
just wondering if you would please share your recipe for chicken salad?  I have boiled eggs in the house, and some tuna, but I just need more ideas for simple meals to make for myself so that I am not eating stuff I should not be eating! do you eat anything with the tuna?  I haven't really had any breads since surgery, just because it just isn't worth the discomfort to eat it...so I haven't eaten much tuna either. 
thanks for sharing! :)

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is.....tell your mountain how big your God is!"

24 lbs lost pre-op.     My name is Cheryl, and I'm a Sleever!     
100 lbs lost by five months.    
Officially half way to my goal at six months! yay!
MediumSoon
on 5/4/11 12:24 pm - TX
 I, too, keep tuna salad made - one other thing I do is marinate and grill an entire bag of chicken breasts (cut into 2-3 ounce portions of course).  If I need a snack I can grab a grilled chicken breast - or I can have that for a meal if I want to.

sublimate
on 5/5/11 3:50 am - San Jose, CA
On May 4, 2011 at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, yankeeblue08 wrote:
On May 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM Pacific Time, sublimate wrote:

just wondering if you would please share your recipe for chicken salad?  I have boiled eggs in the house, and some tuna, but I just need more ideas for simple meals to make for myself so that I am not eating stuff I should not be eating! do you eat anything with the tuna?  I haven't really had any breads since surgery, just because it just isn't worth the discomfort to eat it...so I haven't eaten much tuna either. 
thanks for sharing! :)

Hi.. the tuna salad recipe is on my profile.  However I often mix it up with new things.  So this last batch I mixed tuna with finely shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, splash of lemon juice, garlic salt, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and diced celery.  

When I make chicken for my salads I do them on my foreman grill, but I nearly undercook them and watch them very carefully so they are moist.  Then I pulse them in my food processor so they are finely shredded, which helps with that "stuck" feeling I get if I eat whole, dry chicken.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views