I'm at my breaking point

R3lle80zbaby
on 5/8/11 3:44 am - GA
What was I thinking? Why did I have this surgery in the midst of loads of birthdays and mothers day? U cant enjoy the festivities or food... Not that my family is making anything unhealthy( my father is making corned beef, cabbage, and brown rice for dinner) and I'm jealous, angry, and mostly sad. It seems like ever since I got home my father has been on a cooking spree n I feel like it's super selfish of him. On thurs when I got home I didn't care because I was still doped up but damnit between fri n today the aroma of chicken, veggies, fast food, steak, and even a big breakfast is killin me.

So in so many words IM MISERABLE...

Forget the weight lost n the skinny body I just wanna indulge.
Mandi E.
on 5/8/11 3:52 am - Kissimmee, FL
I'm right there with you. I'm 10 days out today and have 20 days left on liquids and my parents made meatloaf and salad....I'm dying! I just want to eat!!! It'll get better!!   
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wert
on 5/8/11 3:56 am - MN
You're on 30 days of liquids? Clear liquids? No wonder you're miserable!  

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Mandi E.
on 5/8/11 2:11 pm - Kissimmee, FL
LOL I'm doing ok. Having hard times but yes. 30 days of liquids, ie cream soups, protein shakes, clear soups, jello, pudding, and oatmeal thinned. Then I have 30 days of "mushies" which is anything I can mush up with a fork. It's hard but it's my program given to me from my NUT and my surgeon. I've lost a bunch of weight but I really do miss food!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe

_aprilh_
on 5/8/11 3:53 am - OK
I understand how difficult it can be! I am sorry you are going through this right now. Just know, this too shall pass! You can do this and will feel so much better when it is all said and done. I have been facing a lot of temptations lately and a few times gave in and ended up regretting it. I wish there was more I could say or do to help you through this time. All I can do right now is say a prayer that God will guide you through this and give you His peace, the peace that passes all understanding!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

mylastchance
on 5/8/11 3:56 am
Hang in there,  things will seem normal down the road a ways and you will be able to indulge a little.  This is so worth it.  There will always be a celebration  and this is one of those lessons we learn from experiencing.  Enjoy the company instead for focusing on the food.  The people we are with are so much more important than what we put into our mouths. 

You are so early out it is hard to fight those feelings,  but as you start seeing the benefits of the sleeve,  smaller sizes,  feeling better,  the numbers on the scale are going down,  clothes fitting loose and falling off,  getting into that favorite pair of jeans,  those  feelings will start to change and be motivating to you.

Good luck on your journey and try to focus on the prize at the end and let this work for you,  be positive,  this is now your life so make it work for you and live your best life.

We are all in the same boat with you so keep reading posts and work through this and you are going to be amazed with the results

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

wert
on 5/8/11 3:59 am - MN
I completely understand. The first week or so were the worst when it came to wanting to eat. However, at some point you'll start to lose interest in eating. At least I did. I don't miss the old carbs and sugar I lived on. Of course, I live alone so I'm not surrounded by other people eating regular food. That would have made it harder for me. I hope it gets better for you. I'm guessing it will. Hang in there. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

R3lle80zbaby
on 5/8/11 4:03 am - GA
Everyone seems so calm n reassuring but I don't think there is anything anyone can say to make me feel better. I would die just to chew food. No one realizes what u have until it's gone. I haven't chewed a piece of meat in almost a week, apple sauce tastes like spoiled milk n in just tired of the freaking baby mush. This sucks and until I c 50lbs gone n cab chew n swallow I don't think I'll b a happy camper.

Thank god I cab start purees on Wednesday.
Mandi E.
on 5/8/11 4:22 am - Kissimmee, FL
Enjoy Purees!! I'm on full liquids for 20 more days!!  
xoxo~Mandi

Carmelita
on 5/8/11 5:19 am - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views