Bottomless stomach day?

thethinme
on 5/24/11 9:07 am, edited 5/24/11 9:09 am - NY
I had the weirdest post-op moments ever yesterday.

I usually feel pretty restricted, but somehow yesterday I ate and was hungry the whole day. I felt like my stomach had no bottom. 

I felt like eating a lot of junk food. I had banana plus nutella, a whole plate of macaroni and cheese etc. I also had a whole packet of tofu cooked with soy and ginger with chives (lunch and afternoon) plus English muffin with cream cheese and capers twice, and there's probably more but I can't remember now...

I don't think I ate this much in a given day since my surgery 4 months ago. I didn't think I could eat all this. Could it be because I was exhausted and feeling like I was starting to get a cold or so, or is it normal to have a few strange days like these? Today I feel a little more normal and am not starving anymore.

To my dismay, although I was afraid of gaining like 5 pounds after that, I stepped on the scale to find out lost 2 pounds since yesterday.

edit: I am definitely not PMSing this week, which made the whole thing even more strange. I admit I forgot to eat while doing a moving day at office on Saturday (or have protein), may this have caused my body to go crazy?

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

lisa53406
on 5/24/11 9:24 am - Racine, WI
I've had that issue yesterday AND today.

I am hoping it IS PMS

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
thethinme
on 5/24/11 9:29 am - NY
yes I wonder if it's normal for it to happen sometimes out of nowhere - even when you are not PMSing, and why... hope someone can answer :/
Crimson
on 5/24/11 10:32 am - MD
I felt that way a few days ago and then today. checked the calendar and my period is definitely due at the end of the week lol.

i too ate more than normal yesterday and lost 2 lbs. weird!!!
MediumSoon
on 5/24/11 11:01 am - TX
Happens to me occasionally. Thank God it's only occasionally! I just try to stay very busy on those days!

thethinme
on 5/24/11 11:47 am - NY
I think sometimes a change in diet is good for losing. Doesn't make any sense but must be the starvation mode thing. I am definitely not PMSing so it got me worried.

Ah! It may be it. Better get myself busy indeed. I've been working from home these last 2 days... maybe that's why I've been eating like crazy.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views