Excess skin

crazyduck
on 5/27/11 5:56 pm - Maurepas, LA
I will be having surgery July 13, 2011. I am almost obsessing over will I have really bad excess skin. It's almost to the point Im scarred to lose too much weight. Ok here goes. I just turned 40, im 5'2 weight 285pd ( did weigh 314) and already have some sagging skin. I have not hit a gym, or lifted a weight yet, YET being I plan on doing some major weight lifting along with cardio, But am just wanting to hear anyone tips, stories, or opinions.I know for sure the tummy will need a good tuckin in, but my arms and thighs. And will I lose that big butt of mine? Meaning, I like my old big butt, just don't want it hangin either. Thanks for reading! Leigh Trahan
Scentsy Wick-less Candles
www.crazyduckla.scentsy.us
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/11 9:44 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Unfortunately, there's really no way to tell ahead of time. Proper hydration, diet, and exercise can help along the way, but you can't alter factors like your age or genetics. I thought my skin would "bounce back" pretty well because I had my surgery when I was only 26, but now I'm a rolly, wrinkly mess of skin! But ya know what? No one else knows (except my husband and certain doctors!) because it's MUCH easier to hide the excess skin than it was to try to hide all the excess FAT, which was impossible! I wear a simpls cami-style shaping garment under my clothes to smooth out my sides and tummy to give me a better shape, and I don't wear sleeveless (or super short sleeved) tops. I bought a shaping swimsuit from Land's End - it doesn't cover my inner thighs or upper arms, but it does wonders for the rest of me  :)
tawana2q
on 5/27/11 10:11 pm - NY
 Since you hve some time before durgery maybe you should go to the gym brfore hand and get use to go so that you wouldnt feel unmotivated( hope thats a word lol) to go.  Afyer having this sirhery alot of emotions atart running wild and sometimes you feel helpless.  I too was 314 in january and went to 276 by time april came and that was before the surgery  and now after I weight 260 and yes my arms has always been floppy and people use to say I need vonfidence like you cus even though I was plus size I always looked like a lay amd when it was hot my arms wad out and my capri was showing some leg and I held my head up.  Some people bounce and sdjust to the loss and some dont.  The moral to the story is that this is a life change and every day maybe different you have to love yourself and be strong and dont let the excess skin hinder you from being you.  Keep Smilling....

crazyduck
on 5/28/11 4:40 am - Maurepas, LA
Thank you for your reply. My husband loves me and I guess I will deal with it at the time....
stephany48463
on 5/27/11 10:07 pm
Skin Happens! Its a not so fun part of the journey. Good news is it doesnt look any worse than it did full of fat and saggy skin isnt going to kill you. I am at the stage where I absolutely HATE my skin right now! I am almost to goal but think I should lose like 25 more pounds. My skin looks like a hound dog. Im telling myself everyday that it could take 12 to 18 months for my skin to be doin what its gonna do and maybe more weightlifting will help. I've also been getting every rash in my charts at the doc and hoping to keep everything in order to try to get the insurance to pay for some of it. I have also had thoughts of whoring out my weight loss on some TV show to get them to pay for plastics. I dont say any of this to scare you but to get to the point that as much as I dislike this skin I wouldn't change having my surgery for anything! NO I can not wear a bikini, but I couldnt wear one at 325 either!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
crazyduck
on 5/28/11 4:45 am - Maurepas, LA
Yes this is true. My stomach hangs anyway, so at least it wont be so heavy. So u do work out with weights? How ofter? Any tips on workin out? I have heard about the rash thing getting insurance to cover the removal. Thanks
Daviegrandma
on 5/28/11 12:19 am - Davie, FL
Liegh,
I am also with Scenty. Don't you just love it... I too was worried about the extra skin, I am 54. But here are some of the suggestions given to me by members on the board.. Number 1: Spanxs...Number 2. Capris... Number 3. what you save on eating out and junk food put towards plastic surgery at goal... That is my plan..
Sheri

crazyduck
on 5/28/11 4:47 am - Maurepas, LA
I love Scentsy! I just started about 3 months ago, kinda slow but im sure I will start pickin up after summer! And thanks on the suggestions. Di u work out? And what did u do? Thanks Leigh!
Libralin
on 5/28/11 2:16 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Im 58 and with just a loss of 35lbs so far..I have BINGO arms and jiggly thighs..and if I sit on a hard chair my butt hurts....but..hell..Ill take that over not being able to dance or move...or do all the other things I couldnt do before....Just cover it up if you feel self-conscious!......

BigCaliSmile
on 5/28/11 4:24 am - La Puente, CA
I agree with Libralin
I noticed this morning I have skin kinda bunching at the elbow I never had that before the surgery. I am not complaining I expect my body to make various adjustments I dont think anyone can really predict about sagging or loose skin. You just have to go with the program and see how it goes.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views