october 2010 surgerys

kelly_p
on 5/30/11 1:06 pm
 i was wondering if there are any people here that had surgery october 2010. i got mine october 22 and was wondering how everyone else was doing

MediumSoon
on 5/30/11 1:48 pm - TX
October 25th. Doing great!! Weight loss slowing but feeling awesome...

amystimetoshine
on 5/30/11 2:00 pm - Pleasant Hill, CA
Hi -- I had my surgery on 10/20.   I've had a pretty hard time of it with a bunch of complications, but things seem to be improving some lately.  I have a stricture in my stomach which is going to be dilated in 3 1/2 weeks.  Wt loss had been really good but has slowed WAY DOWN in past 5 weeks.  I need to get my activity up and carbs down and protein up but not quite there yet!!!   I want to lose another 25 lbs or so.    How are you?   How is your restriction?   I had a 40 fr bougie... but with my stricture I cant imagine it any tighter!!!   What is normal for what you can eat at this point?  I wonder how much of my restriction is normal and how much is my stricture?   As far as lbs lost...  I was 319 when I started to lose pre op... Had surgery at I think 278 and I am 189 1/2  now.  I had to be on IV feedings from Dec thru 3 weeks ago so my wt loss is probably not typical.     Hope you are doing well!   Amy

HW 319   SW  277  CW 180  GW 169
ms_dar
on 5/30/11 8:58 pm - Canada
October 20 for me.  I am feeling great and thankful every day for my sleeve and the success thus far. Sometimes it seems like my scale gets stuck for weeks but I take the time to look at the little graph on the body tracker in tools section and see the losses over time to remind myself that I am losing over time.  I have decided that pasta(a former staple in my life) is just not worth the uncomfortable feeling I get after trying to eat it.  I also don't think I will try steak or roast beef again any time soon..(cramps pains  and bowel problems for like a weekafter just a couple of ounces).  Things I now love to eat include yogurt(greek yogurt too), homemade chili(using ground beef cause I am too cheap to buy ground turkey) and egg bites (Thank you Eggface for sharing recipes). NUT says I should be eating at least 2 food groups at every mini meal so I am trying to allow myself more carbs and make more effort into preparing fresh veggies which I enjoy with my protein. I am LOVING my sleeve and the new abilities which my smaller body allows(like being able to help with gardening).

pilotlady
on 5/30/11 9:30 pm - Six Lakes, MI
10/11 here. doing great. Happy with weight loss and life in general.

hw 292.5 sw 270   cw166.6 gw 120 hgt 5'  includes 22.5 lbs pre-surgery  46.6 lbs to go
Southernsleever
on 5/30/11 10:44 pm
Hi! I'm October 8th. I'm finding my weight loss is slow i'm keeping my carbs below 50 a day. Except for yesterday...but we won't talk about that :P I haven't really started a lot of exercises but I want to once my knee heals. I 

5'6" Start-276 Goal-150  Weight loss   Preop=5  Month 1=25  Month 2=10  Month 3=14  Month 4=3 Month 5=7  Month 6=9 Month 7=7 Month 8=Month 9=9 Month 10=7 Month 11=5 Month 12=5 Month 13=3 Month 14=4    

allie_b
on 5/30/11 11:04 pm
 mine was on 10/13 - i was hoping to be almost at my goal by now (high hopes!) but i think once i hit onederland i was just so excited that i wasn't so strict with myself and allowed myself to have some bad things. so it's totally me and NOT my sleeve. still have lots of restriction so i still totally love it!

I'm 28, 5'7 and have a bougie size 36 french, not oversewn.
Capacity for dense protein: about 3 oz. Also...only lost 2 lbs pre-op.
fatnomore1967
on 5/30/11 11:36 pm
Thanks to all the other Oct surgeries out there that have responded.  I go to support group and sometimes (not often) feel bad because i may not be losing as fast as some people there.  But i think i am right where i am supposed to be.  i am very happy with my progress so far and seeing everyone else's posts on here helps me to realize that we are all doing fine.  keep up the great work everyone.  i just recently hit onderland.  i am the smallest i have been in about 20 years.  i have lost over 80lbs since my surgery on 10/25 and i feel amazing.
Trish-hoping
on 5/30/11 11:45 pm - Benton, Canada
Hi October sleevers! I had surgery Oct 29 and was a bit of a heavy weight so knew it needed to come off as fast as possible to get to goal. I am down 110lbs so far and a bit to go. Have had a few setbacks due to too many carbs so am still working on that but it has been amazing and I am thankful every day for my sleeve to help me win this battle.
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
gucci_ca
on 5/31/11 3:38 am
I had surgery Oct 8th - and besides having too much stomach acid, the sleeve has worked wonders for me!  I got to my goal last week - woohoo!  So that's 94lbs lost - and now I have set a new goal to lose another 6lbs just to get to an even 100.  I am on prilosec 2xday at 40mg/dose and zantac 2x/day and gaviscon as needed - I had a tough time finding a PPI that would work - tried many of them over the last 7 months.  So far this is working okay, still have some issues, but I guess I'll just have to live with it.

My new body makes me happy every day - I have so much more confidence and energy - I do try to exercise daily, either speed walking or on an elliptical trainer.  I definitely need to tone up as I have loose skin everywhere.  I think I will look into plastics for next year.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views